AVS Forum banner

Beverly Hills Cop 1-3

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  nathanddrews 
#1 ·

Just released in Germany and France, anyone pick them up? I hear not bad things about 2

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007  /t/1441161/beverly-hills-cop-1-3#post_22622774

Just released in Germany and France, anyone pick them up? I hear not bad things about 2

Depends on what you call "not bad". I've seen a 1080p rip of 2, and it looks like a decent encode of an old, grimy transfer. In other words...it's better than the DVD.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBob57  /t/1441161/beverly-hills-cop-1-3#post_22628358

Depends on what you call "not bad". I've seen a 1080p rip of 2, and it looks like a decent encode of an old, grimy transfer. In other words...it's better than the DVD.

I have seen that also, and it is miles better than the ton of DNR on the first movie.

It looks like an 80's Tony Scott movie, and there aint nothing better

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek  /t/1441161/beverly-hills-cop-1-3#post_22631011

I haven't seen them but I'm a big fan of 1 and 2. This guy was so good and I for some reason really want him to succeed again with another blockbuster.
I doubt we'll ever see anything from Murphy remotely like that again. He's too... happy. Doesn't have that edge, doesn't have the drive - and that's perfectly good for him, but I miss the comedy.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007  /t/1441161/beverly-hills-cop-1-3#post_22632343

After the OSCAR mess and A Thousand Words his career is dead

I wouldn't say "dead" but certainly on life support right now. He's an absolute capable actor, which he proved in Dreamgirls and was phenomenal. But then he goes and makes more bad choices that involve juvenile potty humor or over the top stereotyped antics like Tower Heist among others. It's as if he doesn't take his comedy serious anymore. With Beverly Hills Cop and the 48 Hrs movies it seemed that the movie came first and his natural comedic talents just came through. Now it's like "Ok Eddie, say something funny here. How about a fart joke or an angry black man routine?" He's way beyond that, doesn't need it and shouldn't do it. Just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.