Gonna check out Werewolf: Beast Among Us tonight - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Impulse Christmas eve buy smile.gif. I've been watching horror films since I was a kid, so I tend to like these movies despite the bad reviews biggrin.gif! Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is one of my favorite blu rays even though it got smashed by reviewers biggrin.gif.

Groggy, beaten down vampire to his attacker:

We've been tricked, Adam...Lincoln...set...us...up...there is no silver on this trai...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

But anyway biggrin.gif...the man that played in Underworld Awakening as the Doctor who is really a lycan? He's in this too. He must like doing werewolf movies. Straight to video and bad reviews so not expecting much, but I'll check it out tonight and post some thoughts.
HighdefJoe likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm like you then.. Loved Abraham Lincoln VH, and I've been curious about beast among us. Poll lease post up what you think of it! I've got a $230 best buy gift card burning a hole in my wallet!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Wasn't what I was expecting smile.gif. I thought they'd SHOW the werewolf attacking people throughout the movie. Its more of a...mystery/thriller kind of flick. Who is the mystery man who is turning into a werewolf and killing the villagers? Things don't begin to heat up until an hour in.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't show the werewolf a lot, but they do show his dead victims smile.gif. This is NOT a movie to watch if you want to keep your lunch smile.gif. LOTS and lots of B-movie grade mutilated and mangled bodies. If you've ever seen a Vietnam documentary, with the dead North Vietnam soldiers in a pile? The werewolf's torn up victims are collected the next morning and piled onto a cart and smile.gif...taken to the doctor's autopsy room for another grizzly scene.

And...they're trying to set a trap for the beast at night, so they need bait smile.gif...instead of a dead deer or something? The guy cuts open one of the dead victims so its guts fall out...takes that and some severed limbs, and he has his bait...um, so its not a movie for weak stomachs trying to keep their dinner down biggrin.gif!

And I've never seen a head explode like that from a gunshot biggrin.gif!

The MAN that played the villain doctor in Underworld: Awakening? He plays almost the SAME role here. A mad doctor who is behind what's going on smile.gif.

Speaking of Underworld...I won't spoil it, there' s a mild surprise here at the end smile.gif. Humans aren't the ONLY ones hunting down the werewolf biggrin.gif!

When the werewolf does appear, its a mixed bag. The CGI werewolf looks okay, but when they go to scenes where its a man in a suit it looks weak smile.gif.

The movie is 1.71:1 aspect ratio, full screen, and I normally recommend all full screen movies. And I liked some of the countryside views. But the buildup is slow, it has a B-movie look and production, and some of the acting is just plain bad smile.gif. I would skip on buying the disc and catch it on cable In Demand.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page