Is The Godfather Trilogy The Coppolla Restoration as good as The Sapphire Series? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Need to know which is better please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That's actually backwards, IMHO. The Sapphire Series releases are/were double-dips of the Restoration discs, minus the fourth disc (extras and a rather nice documentary) that came with the Restoration set. If you have a choice, you want the Restoration set unless you're really strapped for cash...and then I'd say wait for a sale. smile.gif

...and I need your sweet love, Latina T-Mobile girl!

post #3 of 8 Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ya didn't mean to say it like that, I was actually hoping and leaning towards the first restoration set to be the best lol cause I had already ordered it online, then about 15 min after I ordered I noticed sapphire released 1 and 2 a couple years after, hoping that its PQ wasn't better, but from what im reading and from what you just told me, i'm good to go with the Coppolla Restoration trilogy that was released first, thank god! only reason I care so much is because I friggen ordered the 2008 version of Gangs Of New York.. before I learned to start reading reviews and do some research...god what a mistake that was...horrible PQ horrible see threw vertical color banding on the left and right.. I can't believe that was even made..just a pure insult to an amazing Scorsese movie..almost made me want to tear up and punch a baby wink.gif jokes..but ya Ive learned my lesson with GoNy, and was hoping I didnt have an accidental mishap with The Godfather, but seems like im good to go, thanks.

iRyan
post #4 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iballin88 View Post

but ya Ive learned my lesson with GoNy

iRyan

Doesn't sound like you have learned your lesson yet, as you had already ordered the movie before fully doing the research on it. Research first, order second.smile.gif
post #5 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmo View Post

Doesn't sound like you have learned your lesson yet, as you had already ordered the movie before fully doing the research on it. Research first, order second.smile.gif

It's The Godfather. Doesn't matter. Order period! biggrin.gif

I have the restoration set and its beautiful!
post #6 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmo View Post

No, I did do the research, and all ratings were great, so I went ahead and ordered, im from Canada so The Sapphire series wasn't on amazon.ca , except for bilingual which is crap cases, anyways I basically didn't notice The Sapphire Series anywhere, because The Coppolla Restoration was all that poped up on google and I was looking for the trilogy..thus why Sapphire didn't pop up anywhere BUT when I did see The Sapphire 1&2 I just wanted to be sure they didn't blow the 1s I ordered out of the water, so yeah I did learn my lesson the first time because I made sure ratings were high on something I was about to order before ordering it, as I didn't do with GoNy (2008) version
post #7 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 PM

Liked: 12
Coppola.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Reply Blu-ray Software