Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 32 Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've ordered hundreds of DVDs and Blu rays from Amazon. Plus books, electronics and other stuff. Never a problem before.

Amazon are changing their shippers on a region by region basis. No more UPS/USPS/FedEx.

They are moving to courier based shippers. Basically any pizza delivery boy with his own car is given your merchandise. No branded trucks. No uniform. No delivery!

I had multiple orders that were reported as "Delivery attempted". I was home all day - no one came. When that happens, Amazon automatically deactivates your shipping address.

Then they changed the status to "Lost by Carrier". I had to open a problem report for each order. Each was assigned to a different guy in India. One was cancelled with a refund. One was going to be shipped again. One wanted me to confirm my address prior to re-shipping. If the original arrived in addition to the replacement, I would have to ship back to Amazon are be charged twice. They could not guarantee that the same company would NOT be used. I eventually convinced them to cancel ALL my open orders.

I know you think this could not happen to you. Just Google the following: "Amazon" "Lasership" "Problems". This has been going on for years. It eventually hit me. It will eventually hit you too. Lasership are just one of many fly-by-night companies Amazon are using. Ontrac, Prestige and many others have the same story.

Just check Amazon's own forums:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20carrier%20feedback/ref=cm_cd_rvt?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2KOZSYK6OUZ6Y

It's Target for me from now on, and Amazon lose at least $1K a year in orders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 723
That's more about mutual corporate masturbation than anything else. Usually I find Amazon to overcome their carrier's ********.

post #3 of 32 Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the heads up.
post #4 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 756

cant say I've experienced any of this. Ive spent nearly 3k in the last 2 years on media related items shipped to me door from amazon with zero problems. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
LOL!
Why you wouldn't want to join this forum
post #5 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 AM

Liked: 11
Have to be honest, while I sympathise that you've lost stuff in the post, this has been the situation in the UK for Amazon from the start. Couriers franchise out their delivery to anyone who cares to buy/rent a van and wants to deliver packages. Yes, packages do go missing and there are some bad eggs, but that's what a complaints process is for. I don't think I've had a single package sent by Amazon go missing, and if it did they are incredibly courteous and good about sorting things out.

Frankly, you're just as likely to find unscrupulous drivers within FedEx/UPS/USPS as you are any franchised delivery service - I think you were just very unlucky.
post #6 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I have had issues with Lasership in the past. They have claimed "delivered", when they didn't deliver for a few days afterwards. However, that is still a tiny minority of deliveries. I'm a HUGE customer of Amazon, and I'm guessing they have about a 95-98% delivery rate with me. Of course I still get PO'd the few times a delivery is late. They usually use UPS or USPS for my deliveries, and Lasership for O/N orders.
J
post #7 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 128
I use Amazon a ton and never had one problem. The one time a blu ray disk came in faulty they fixed it with one phone call and shipped me another copy of the movie free of charge. I would not undo years of top notch service with one bad experience...but that is me.
post #8 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I'm an Amazon Prime member. Have had zero delivery problems. Perhaps the crappy shipping will apply to non-Amazon Prime members. That would make sense.

Regardless, Amazon is too convenient and cheap to stop using based on this new policy. I'll keep using until I get a string of problems. For now, deliveries, customer service, etc are first rate.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #9 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I've never had a problem. I am Prime. I love when my local distribution center uses Ontrak instead of UPS, USPS, or Fedex. I get everything in 1 day (without paying 3.99 per item). I find the carrier depends a lot on from which distribution center the item comes from.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #10 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have been an Amazon customer for many years and never had a problem with delivery. For the first several years I used their "free" delivery for media. For the last three years I have been a Amazon Prime member have ordered everything from small kitchen appliances to automotive parts and they are delivered within three days, most of the time by UPS, a few times by FedEx. Many orders are delivered within two days. So I have no complaints with Amazon, fair prices (many times they are the lowest on Blu-ray titles, automotive parts, kitchen wares, etc.), prompt service.
mailiang likes this.
post #11 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Ive bought heaps from them (mainly blu ray) and never had many issues. Actually if there is a issue they usually refund the postage for me. Theyre quite good like that. Usually its DHL that delivers and they're quite good.

Frank

post #12 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 64
It's been a couple years using Prime and I'm on a first name basis with my UPS driver. I'll let you know when he stops delivering my Amazon purchases. wink.gif
post #13 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

It's been a couple years using Prime and I'm on a first name basis with my UPS driver. I'll let you know when he stops delivering my Amazon purchases. wink.gif

I wish I was on a first name basis Unfortunaley there is different drivers every time they deliver.

Frank

post #14 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I'm an Amazon Prime member. Have had zero delivery problems. Perhaps the crappy shipping will apply to non-Amazon Prime members. That would make sense.

Regardless, Amazon is too convenient and cheap to stop using based on this new policy. I'll keep using until I get a string of problems. For now, deliveries, customer service, etc are first rate.
Same here.
Since I get free two-day delivery with Prime, they either use UPS/USPS/FedEx and if the item is coming from their local warehouse, they use Ontrac.
They always use one of those 4 carriers for delivery.

post #15 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I hate target for movies... I have to get into the car, drive all the way to the store, pay way to much for the item then drive home.

Amazon for life

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R
Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre/SUT
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #16 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I've never had any problems w/ Amazon, either. I always choose free shipping (not Prime), and it's delivered by USPS. Despite the fact that our carrier spends all day chatting on the phone while walking his route, I've never missed a package.
post #17 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

I hate target for movies... I have to get into the car, drive all the way to the store, pay way to much for the item then drive home.

Amazon for life

I drive by Target every day taking my kids to/from school. Now that Amazon charges tax, it is exactly the same price to grab a movie at Target, often with a bonus disc, first thing in the morning instead of waiting until 4-9pm when Ontrac or UPS finally get around to delivering it. Now that I have a Target debit card, I actually get 5% off, so it's actually both cheaper AND faster to get a copy at Target. Plus, a percentage goes back to local schools. Plus, I get to hand pick a copy with no damage to the slipcase. And say hello to a fellow human being. Etc.

I could understand if it required a trip out of my way, but I literally drive right by Target every day.

Amazon's switch to Ontrac most of the time and the arrival of sales tax has brought me back to local shopping for new releases. Now I get it for less, and faster.

PETER JACKSON: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
post #18 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 240
ive speant well over 5k just this year on movies and games and likely over 20k in the last 2 years. ive yet to have one bad delivery in 10 years of using amazon.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #19 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I buy a *lot* of more obscure dvd/Blu-ray releases that I never see in places like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Frys Electronics (which actually carries a lot of lesser titles) or even Amoeba Records in Hollywood (which has a good selection of obscure titles and even imports but charges astronomical prices for them). Even with CA state tax, Amazon is often at or near the lowest price in town for new major street date releases. I may occasionally buy a new major release in store at Best Buy but that's becoming less and less the rule as even with big releases like the recent 3D release of "Life Of Pi," none of the BB in my area had it in stock on release day.

Thus, I almost have to use Amazon to get what I want. Last November, I decided to go Prime as I needed to buy a lot of stuff online and wanted it gifted to a number of relatives addresses across the country. Not a single problem, everything got to their destinations within the 2 day shipping window. Now my wife has started buying *everything* through my Amazon account and she loves the ease of returning an item (which has happened a couple times so far). Out of about $3k worth of merch ordered in the last 6 months, I've had exactly *one* order not show up (Disney WOW Blu-ray) - I called customer support a week after the estimated arrival date, they sent another one *overnight* and I got it the next morning.

I'm a fickle customer - if Amazon were to screw up on a number of orders or otherwise change key aspects of what they carry or how they provide and deliver, I have no blind loyalty. I'll move to another source. But as things stand now, big box chain stores can kiss my *ss.
post #20 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Amazon prime member here - no problems at all with everything from large speakers and other electronics to blades for a razor. Will keep preferentially using them.
post #21 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM

Liked: 12
I have had a couple of lost orders over the last year or two from Amazon myself. I have been a Prime member for several years. Over all, the pluses outweigh the minuses for me. In a bad economy, companies "cut back" on expenses. This usually translates to a decrease in customer service. Even if you do go to Target, you'll probably find fewer checkouts open and the lines will be longer. And Target's selection of media cannot touch Amazon's.

So, sure, the occasional package gets lost from Amazon. They always replace/redeliver it, and I can deal with it.
post #22 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Much to do about nothing- Amazon made you whole again didn't they?
It's not like some dodgy internet vender refusing a refund on a non-delivered item.

I've had one issue with an Amazon delivery in the 7+ years I've been using them. It was a $500+ sale- they used "Smartpost" for delivery: Fedex gets the item from the warehouse, they transport across the country if needed to your local USPS- then the USPS delivers it to your door.
In my case- Fedex did indeed deliver the package to the local USPS office, but the USPS "lost' it once they signed for it from Fedex. I simply called Amazon- they asked if I wanted a refund or replacements, they ordered the replacements for me- and I had the items within two days of my phone call with no additional charges or any BS.
I don't see how they could have been any more accommodating since I chose the free shipping option for my delivery.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #23 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
MONOPRICE ships overnight with lasership with zero problems. In fact, since I live in CA, overnight shipping is CHEAPER than 2 day. Yeah, it's some dude in a run-down car, but they are nice and I get my stuff the next day....'Winning!' wink.gif

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #24 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
MONOPRICE ships overnight with lasership with zero problems. In fact, since I live in CA, overnight shipping is CHEAPER than 2 day. Yeah, it's some dude in a run-down car, but they are nice and I get my stuff the next day....'Winning!' wink.gif

Confused  Monoprice sells Blu-Rays?

post #25 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

I don't use Prime, and have no issues with delivery. In fact my order from last week arrived in 2 days, and I chose the free 5-8 day shipping option.

Very satisfied with Amazon's service over the years.
post #26 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Liked: 19
I buy a lot from Amazon and generally use free shipping. Most of my orders come via USPS occasionally UPS and my subscribe and save comes via Prestige. I rarely have had a problem, when there is a problem Amazon replaced the item no questions asked. Very satisfied with the customer service and convenience of Amazon.
post #27 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

This. But since this is the internet, congrats to the OP on making a thread that's going to get lots of responses. smile.gif
post #28 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

+1

Never an issue with Amazon and I'm a Prime member. We even do some food shopping (can and boxed goods). I wonder if the OP is a Prime member.
post #29 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm a Prime member, and they shipped my copy of The Hobbit via FedEx smartpost, which apparently means it gets handed off to the post office for delivery. It didn't arrive today, when it was scheduled. So Prime failed me.

PETER JACKSON: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
post #30 of 32 Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
I've never had any problems, no matter how things have arrived from Amazon - be it UPS, FedEx, USPS or Lasership.

Even if I was charged tax on everything I buy from them in my state, I'd still do most of my buying through them. It's just too much of a pain to buy from the brick and mortar stores - if they even have it in stock.
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page