Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The Talented Mr. Ripley

In this week's edition of AVS "Can't-Wait" releases, we begin with a re-release of The Talented Mr. Ripley. I have been waiting for this one for a very long time. It's a drama with a dash of suspense, just enough to keep you wondering what will happen next. I really enjoy the chemistry between all the actors in this movie, most predominantly Tom Ripley's obsession with Marge Sherwood and the high-tension acquaintance between Tom and Freddie Miles. The film's score is sensational—if you're into jazz, there are plenty of references to jazz legends such as Dizzie Gillespie, Chet Baker, Miles Davis, and more. This is not an action-packed film, but it does keep you wanting to see just how far one man will go in order to fulfil his inner obsession. You can pick up this re-release September 10, 2013.

Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow

The next item for your consideration is the long-awaited Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow Live. For anyone who doesn't know, Rockshow is a 1980 concert film shot in during the group's 1976 North American tour. This is considered some of the best Paul McCartney concert footage ever released. The concert was shot only six years after the Beatles broke up, and McCartney goes all out, switching between guitar, bass, and piano playing some heavy rock. Anyone who enjoys listening to Paul McCartney, this Blu-ray edition is no brainer. It's is set to be released June 11, 2013.

Evil Dead

Last but not least is the newly announced Evil Dead. This is a re-make from the original 1981 low-budget version that turned out to be a cult classic. Director Fede Alvarez decided to re-make Evil Dead and spice it up. Instead of adding a pinch of gore, he added a punch of gore! I can appreciate the difference between good and bad horror flicks, and this one is definitely my favorite of the year so far. This film may not appeal to many, but if you were a fan of the original, you'll enjoy this one, as it really pushes the limits and defines what horror is all about. You can expect to see it in stores July 16, 2013.

What's your pick of the week?

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Nice to see Pauls concert released in BD format. I went to the concert in 2009 at Citi Field in NY and anxiously waited for the disc on BD.. All we got was a regular dvd, no plans for a BD..mad.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evening-York-City-Combo/dp/B002QH2NUA/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1369925062&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=mccartney+good+evening+new+york+city

post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 PM

Liked: 18
post #4 of 6 Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I can't wait for Rockshow! The Only Concert footage where he plays his Rickenbacker bass which sounds far Superior to The famous Hofner model 1963 which he has played live for the last 11 years. The Hofner is appropriate for early Beatles songs but just is awful for songs like Band on The Run.
Plus the seven songs that were cut for the 1980 laser disc home video release have been restored for this release.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 PM

Liked: 10
Hasn't the talented mr ripely been out on blue ray for a while
post #6 of 6 Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrwatson View Post

Hasn't the talented mr ripely been out on blue ray for a while

Yes it has actually, but it's being remastered finally. There are some great scenes in there which I absolutely love, especially in Europe. This remaster will hopefully live things up.
SocialCapital likes this.

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page