Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

CINEMASCOPE Blu-Ray Demo Disc cool.gif

Link for information:
http://www.demo-world.eu/forums/topic/1668/cinemascope-bluray-demo-disc/

Link for the disc review:
http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/cinemascope-blu-ray-demo-disc.php

Hi, I would like to download this and where can i download it ? Really Thx !

If you click on the first link it takes you to the thread where the disc is. Post 6 towards the bottom has the link to the torrent link. In order to be able to download this link you would need to register as a member to demo world.

If you have questions you can ask the questions over there since the disc link is there. Hope this helps.
mhobart likes this.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 88 Old 05-07-2014, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

If you click on the first link it takes you to the thread where the disc is. Post 6 towards the bottom has the link to the torrent link. In order to be able to download this link you would need to register as a member to demo world.

If you have questions you can ask the questions over there since the disc link is there. Hope this helps.

Thx a lot ! I have registered ! And start to downloading ! And one question , if I don't have scope screen , can I still play it on 16:9 screen ?
post #63 of 88 Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma View Post

Thx a lot ! I have registered ! And start to downloading ! And one question , if I don't have scope screen , can I still play it on 16:9 screen ?

You'll be able to play it, but it will have black bars at the top and bottom. With a true 2.40:1 screen there is no black bars.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #64 of 88 Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:

You'll be able to play it, but it will have black bars at the top and bottom. With a true 2.40:1 screen there is no black bars.
Great ! And I looking forward to your 3D Demo disc ! Thx !
post #65 of 88 Old 05-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 60
awesome going to try your Cinemascope Demo disc soon too smile.gif
unclejam likes this.

post #66 of 88 Old 05-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma View Post

Great ! And I looking forward to your 3D Demo disc ! Thx !
Hi, just one more question ! On this file , what is exactly "BDMV.torrent - Bass Demo Blu-Ray" is ? Is it the "The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc Vol 1 and 2" ? Thx !
post #67 of 88 Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:

Hi , just one more question ! On the file u share , what is exactly "BDMV.torrent - Bass Demo Blu-Ray" is ? Is it the "The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc Vol 1 and 2" ? Thx ! And for the "Scope Demo Disc " is there any way to make it faster ? It's always below 100kb/s , i need to download it at least 8 days 24 hours ! It's really long time ! Thx
post #68 of 88 Old 05-21-2014, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Can you buy these discs? Like the one with multiple movie demos?
post #69 of 88 Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Can you buy these discs? Like the one with multiple movie demos?

None of these discs are for sale and no one should be offering to sell them. You can download them for FREE.
These discs can be played in many different ways, no bd burner is required for the most part, although you can opt to burn them to bluray disc. In addition the "Reference: discs and the "Best of" disc can be burn to DVD-DL media -- pretty much any computer has this capability, plus they can be played directly from your computer using FREE software, such as XBMC and/or VLC.

post #70 of 88 Old 05-26-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just had to post here to say Thanks to all who had a hand in making these available!

I downloaded all of these this weekend. I put them in a folder named 'DEMOS' and play them through XBMC.
Works perfect and looks and sounds terrific.

Thanks!!
pjvader likes this.

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #71 of 88 Old 06-20-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great thread ... thumbs up !

Question about the zipped files... the torrent names beginning with "RAR" are the BD format / structure and the ones beginning with "Reference" are scaled down for DVD .. different quality?

Which torrent file is for Reelwood demo?

Clatto! Verata! Nnyaarrghahum(coughcough)!!

Last edited by pixel8; 06-20-2014 at 09:03 AM.
post #72 of 88 Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The Reference discs (Reference and Reference 2) and The Best of Demo Discs are design to fit into DVD-DL (DVD double layered either - or +), so these can be burn to DVD but are in bluray format so a BD player is needed for them to play. This type of disc, high definition content in DVD media is called BD9. Some BD players have a hard time playing BD9 discs while other play them perfectly, so no warranties. The intention was so almost everyone can have access and enjoy this with out the need of a (then) expensive BD burner. The Reference disc, can be downloaded as segments, that fit into DVD-DL or as a full 50GB disc. The Best of The Demo Discs was design to fit on to a DVD-DL, but of course can also be burn to BD media. The quality between the segments or the full BD are identical HD 1080 I/P and lossless audio.

The other discs are 50GB discs requiring a BD burner if you want to play them from physical media.

There is currently a problem with the attachment from the Reelwood demo thread. Some one offered to email the torrent link directly to individuals. Check that thread for any info.

Last edited by superleo; 06-20-2014 at 09:19 AM.
post #73 of 88 Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 40
streamed the best of the best disc - my son started asking questions about one of the movies (I think it was Looper) and I had to tell him, uhm yah you can see that when you're older

he was fascinated by the scene though.
superleo likes this.

post #74 of 88 Old 07-12-2014, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by tangcoma 

Quote:Originally Posted by superleo 

^^^

CINEMASCOPE Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Link for information:
http://www.demo-world.eu/forums/topi...ray-demo-disc/

Link for the disc review:
http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/c...-demo-disc.php

Hi, I would like to download this and where can i download it ? Really Thx !

demo-world.eu had ended up on several email blacklists recently, which caused problems for some new users completing their registrations. The domain has fixed their issues so it should be easier to register now. I recently signed up and did the torrent download. The numbers of seeders and peers varies quite a bit when using this torrent, so be patient and let it run in the background as usual. It's a great demo once you finally get it.
post #75 of 88 Old 07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

I'm going to go ahead and ask a REALLY stupid question.

Do we have TOC's for all these disks by title?

I used MKV on all these since I don't have a Blu-Ray burner so I'm going through each title watching the clips (some of which I have never seen and have to google) and name them manually. It's kinda yucky

also on the v2 disk I noticed that one of the titles has one chapter from animation and another chapter from a non-animation related scene so I was kinda scratching my head on the logic of that one.

TIA.

oh PS : can someone tell why I can't rip the BDMV disc? MKV won't take any of the index files. I'm corn-fused on that one.

PPS : What is up with MakeMKV rippiing titles only and not chapters? (shake my fist)

Last edited by JRock3x8; 07-13-2014 at 11:53 AM.
post #76 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Blu-ray Demo Disk

Hi, From where can I buy/get soft copy of Blu-ray Demo Disk for showing as demo in my showroom of home theater projectors and DTS Surround Sound.
post #77 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
I'm going to go ahead and ask a REALLY stupid question.

Do we have TOC's for all these disks by title?

I used MKV on all these since I don't have a Blu-Ray burner so I'm going through each title watching the clips (some of which I have never seen and have to google) and name them manually. It's kinda yucky

also on the v2 disk I noticed that one of the titles has one chapter from animation and another chapter from a non-animation related scene so I was kinda scratching my head on the logic of that one.

TIA.

oh PS : can someone tell why I can't rip the BDMV disc? MKV won't take any of the index files. I'm corn-fused on that one.

PPS : What is up with MakeMKV rippiing titles only and not chapters? (shake my fist)
I don't use any type of MKV converter so I'm guessing more than anything, and if someone familiar with MKV programs want to jump in and give a better explanation please do so.

AFAIK, the program is trying to find a single file, usually the biggest file and convert it. It also uses the existing chapters and copy these into the new created container. These discs are a whole bunch of smaller clips put together and tie together by play lists, not chapters. For whaT I know , you would have to go to the STREAM folder and convert eaqch clip individualy into a MKV container.

post #78 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't use any type of MKV converter so I'm guessing more than anything, and if someone familiar with MKV programs want to jump in and give a better explanation please do so.

AFAIK, the program is trying to find a single file, usually the biggest file and convert it. It also uses the existing chapters and copy these into the new created container. These discs are a whole bunch of smaller clips put together and tie together by play lists, not chapters. For whaT I know , you would have to go to the STREAM folder and convert eaqch clip individualy into a MKV container.
thanks - so at least the v2 disc, all of the clips were grouped into 2's and 3's and then at some point they were all repeated individually so I just deleted the grouped clips and renamed the singles.

Also on one of the discs, all of the special effects bumpers (THX, Dolby, etc) are repeated 2x per.

there are still clips on some of these that I just can't place. There was a war movie where a guy dives out of the way of a rocket and ends up buried under the debris the rocket kicks up (after he takes out a truck with a turret?) and then there's one where a guy is riding his mountain bike across the desert with a kerchief over his face and some bad handicam strapped to his bike focused on him...recognizable actor but I couldn't place him.

No idea - I thought I was fairly well versed in movies but some of these are WAY over my head.

Then there's this one with a guy in a black suit tries to run down a guy with white face paint in what looks like Chicago...ok, just kidding on that one

post #79 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9811040054@gmail.com View Post
Hi, From where can I buy/get soft copy of Blu-ray Demo Disk for showing as demo in my showroom of home theater projectors and DTS Surround Sound.
If you go to the front of the thread you can link to their respective threads. All these discs are free download.

post #80 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If you go to the front of the thread you can link to their respective threads. All these discs are free download.
pro tip - grab the zip file that's about the 4th post down.

post #81 of 88 Old 07-14-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9811040054@gmail.com View Post
You can't buy any of these, but you can download them from the links provided.
You may also be interested in these:
http://proxybay.pw/user/frodo1111/

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #82 of 88 Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Thanks for creating this thread superleo!
mhobart likes this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #83 of 88 Old 08-16-2014, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member

On Reference Disc #1 , Make MKV is for some reason ripping the clips twice in succession and encoding them back to back. ie the Dolby Trailer, the THX trailer - they play once and then they immediately repeat within the same file

does anyone know if there's a switch or a setting in MakeMKV where I can make that go away?

post #84 of 88 Old 08-19-2014, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Reelwood 3D Demo disc is now posted on the first post.

post #85 of 88 Old 09-14-2014, 10:19 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
An independent review from Demo-World.

Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/r...-demo-disc.php
How can I buy it?

My humble Cinema
post #86 of 88 Old 09-15-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

You don't (can't, in fact) buy it. It's a torrent. Download the link (and a program such as utorrent) and get your very own copy.
Then get the others, too.
Michael

post #87 of 88 Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Please seed - RAR_Reference_2_BD50.

-----

post #88 of 88 Old 09-19-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I suggest posting directly in that thread:
Home Theater Demo Disc - Version 2.0

Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page