The Dark Knight Ultimate Trilogy Boxset (releases Fall 2013) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
*** UPDATED (7/3/13) ***


http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/own-the-dark-knight-trilogy-ultimate-collectors-edition



Quote:
If you don't already own all three of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies -- or if you're in the market for an upgrade -- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition, available on September 24.

For all you Bat lovers out there, this six-disc Blu-ray set includes Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, all with their existing content, as well as two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. The release will also come packed in premium packaging.

Here's the lineup of all-new bonus content:

  • The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy: The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making... forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.

  • Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation: For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.

  • IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises: See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio.


And as for that new exclusive memorobilia:

  • Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler

  • Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul

  • 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies



The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition will retail for $99.97.






*** OP (6/26/13) ***


Early pictures/speculation here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/26/lavish-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray-box-set-ready-for-pre-order/

Pre-orders are available on Amazon in some countries.

One rumored pic, either for the U.S. version or the U.K. version:







Here's to hoping for new remasters if possible! With the amazing help of PDB I now have consistent AR versions of TDK and TDKR, but I'd like to see TDK without the overbearing EE as well.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Oliver Klohs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Who or what is PDB?

TDK without the nasty digitized look especially to its 35mm scenes would be very nice!
Oliver Klohs is offline  
post #3 of 65 Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
PDB is a forum member here. I tell you, the films look beautiful with consistent AR! Even if it's a slight placebo effect or whatever, it makes the TDK 35mm shots look a bit less bad in a way. TDKR is just stellar this way, though.

I like the IMAX opening frame in an actual IMAX theater and at 1.44:1, but it doesn't do many things for me at home.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #4 of 65 Old 06-27-2013, 12:01 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

Early pictures/speculation here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/26/lavish-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray-box-set-ready-for-pre-order/

Pre-orders are available on Amazon in some countries.

One rumored pic, either for the U.S. version or the U.K. version:







Here's to hoping for new remasters if possible! With the amazing help of PDB I now have consistent AR versions of TDK and TDKR, but I'd like to see TDK without the overbearing EE as well.

How exactly did he help you?

Did he make an MKV file of some sort w/ cropping off the extra image shots?
biliam1982 is offline  
post #5 of 65 Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post

How exactly did he help you?

Did he make an MKV file of some sort w/ cropping off the extra image shots?

That's pretty much it. I didn't know what software to use for those kinds of things. There wasn't any compression. Then it was burned to a BD so it could be playable on my PS3.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #6 of 65 Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post


One rumored pic, either for the U.S. version or the U.K. version:




Hopefully they'll rethink those post cards, the Joker one looks absolutely awful!! Maybe they hired a guy who just found out how to apply brushes in Photoshop!
Morpheo is online now  
post #7 of 65 Old 06-27-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

Here's to hoping for new remasters if possible!

There is zero possibility of this. Neither Warner Bros. nor Christopher Nolan are willing to admit that there's anything wrong with the existing Blu-ray transfer of The Dark Knight.

Like 99% of all Warner reissues, these will be the same transfers and encodes in new packaging, with additional extras on a separate disc.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #8 of 65 Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 13,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

There is zero possibility of this. Neither Warner Bros. nor Christopher Nolan are willing to admit that there's anything wrong with the existing Blu-ray transfer of The Dark Knight.

Like 99% of all Warner reissues, these will be the same transfers and encodes in new packaging, with additional extras on a separate disc.

This is true.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #9 of 65 Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Oliver Klohs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

That's pretty much it. I didn't know what software to use for those kinds of things. There wasn't any compression. Then it was burned to a BD so it could be playable on my PS3.

OK, understood.
The blanking is no problem for me but I would like to have a version with individual frame by frame adjustment of the scope area just as it was done for the scope prints in theaters. I guess we will have to wait for Warner to get that one!
Oliver Klohs is offline  
post #10 of 65 Old 06-28-2013, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Oliver Klohs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

There is zero possibility of this. Neither Warner Bros. nor Christopher Nolan are willing to admit that there's anything wrong with the existing Blu-ray transfer of The Dark Knight.

Like 99% of all Warner reissues, these will be the same transfers and encodes in new packaging, with additional extras on a separate disc.

Oh well then I certainly hope that the box will be a big failure. I have all three films already and at least the first and the second one could use some attention - no attention no sale.

Edit: I still hope they will include significantly improved versions of the first two movies and then I will gladly buy but looking at their other reissues ,HD-DVD to Blu-ray ports included, I have to admit chances are very slim.
Oliver Klohs is offline  
post #11 of 65 Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Klohs View Post

OK, understood.
The blanking is no problem for me but I would like to have a version with individual frame by frame adjustment of the scope area just as it was done for the scope prints in theaters. I guess we will have to wait for Warner to get that one!

Yeah, there are only a few suspect shots where you're thinking the top should have a little more stuff up there. I think dvdmike or somebody was working on a version just like that, but I don't know where he ever got with that.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #12 of 65 Old 06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
PDB
Member
 
PDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Klohs View Post

Who or what is PDB?!

That would be me. Thanks for the nice word muffinmcfluffin. Basically, I wanted to make TDR and TDKR a constant 2.39 using free software (since I couldn't afford Adobe, Final Cut, etc.)

I wrote down the instructions down as Muffin and I were chatting about it and put it on a blog that I started and quickly abandoned. So if interested:

http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/frame-that-in-differnt-light-re-framing.html
http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/re-framing-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray.html
http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/re-framing-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray_1.html
muffinmcfluffin likes this.
PDB is offline  
post #13 of 65 Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Oliver Klohs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDB View Post

That would be me. Thanks for the nice word muffinmcfluffin. Basically, I wanted to make TDR and TDKR a constant 2.39 using free software (since I could afford Adobe, Final Cut, etc.)

I wrote down the instructions down as Muffin and I were were chatting about it and put it on a blog that I started and quickly abandoned. So if interested:

http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/frame-that-in-differnt-light-re-framing.html
http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/re-framing-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray.html
http://lightthroughtheframe.blogspot.com/2013/03/re-framing-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray_1.html

Very nice for those who have no other way of masking the extra 16:9 area, well done!
Oliver Klohs is offline  
post #14 of 65 Old 06-29-2013, 04:32 AM
PDB
Member
 
PDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thank you very much.
PDB is offline  
post #15 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Senior Member
 
FitzRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

There is zero possibility of this. Neither Warner Bros. nor Christopher Nolan are willing to admit that there's anything wrong with the existing Blu-ray transfer of The Dark Knight.

Like 99% of all Warner reissues, these will be the same transfers and encodes in new packaging, with additional extras on a separate disc.

While you're probably right about the reissue prospects, I don't really see the logic in them doing this for that reason. There are lots of rereleases with improved video on blu-ray and as long as the releases are far enough apart, people don't clamor for refunds/replacements.

Besides, filtering the blu-ray is already tantamount to saying the movie looked wrong in theaters. Or that the other movies in the series are wrong.

Dillon: My men were in that chopper when it got hit! Hopper's orders were to go in and remove grain and the detail just disappeared.
Dutch: It didn't disappear. It was scrubbed alive!
FitzRoy is offline  
post #16 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LexInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Frankly the first two films need to be cleaned up and re-mastered in 4K so they can match the quality of The Dark Knight Rises.
LexInVA is online now  
post #17 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,043
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

Frankly the first two films need to be cleaned up and re-mastered in 4K so they can match the quality of The Dark Knight Rises.

Frankly, Dark Knight Rises needs to be rewritten and reshot so that it matches the quality of the first two films. smile.gif

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #18 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 8,527
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Frankly, Dark Knight Rises needs to be rewritten and reshot so that it matches the quality of the first two films. smile.gif

You got that right! I failed to catch this in the cinema and bought it sight unseen to complete the trilogy and man was it a let down. Lazy script writing, a villain you couldn't even understand, a bad sound mix, and the editing was even more choppy than The Dark Knight (I didn't think that was even possible!).

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #19 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 13,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Batman Begins was the only good Nolan Batman movie. The other two were just NYPD Blue episodes with cameo appearances from the Batman.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #20 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Member
 
mldardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Batman Begins was the only good Nolan Batman movie. The other two were just NYPD Blue episodes with cameo appearances from the Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

You got that right! I failed to catch this in the cinema and bought it sight unseen to complete the trilogy and man was it a let down. Lazy script writing, a villain you couldn't even understand, a bad sound mix, and the editing was even more choppy than The Dark Knight (I didn't think that was even possible!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Frankly, Dark Knight Rises needs to be rewritten and reshot so that it matches the quality of the first two films. smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
mldardy is offline  
post #21 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raoul_duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Roll your eyes all the want, these harsh truths have to come out.
raoul_duke is offline  
post #22 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Member
 
mldardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke View Post

Roll your eyes all the want, these harsh truths have to come out.

rolleyes.gif
mldardy is offline  
post #23 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 13,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke View Post

Roll your eyes all the want, these harsh truths have to come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post



rolleyes.gif

Yeah. I still like, own and watch all three movies.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #24 of 65 Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raoul_duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post

rolleyes.gif
What a well thought out rebuttal. Scholars and philosophers, (or as illiterate people call them, 'sorcerers'), will poor over it, for centuries to come.

I yield.
raoul_duke is offline  
post #25 of 65 Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
New information (will be updated in OP):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/own-the-dark-knight-trilogy-ultimate-collectors-edition



Quote:
If you don't already own all three of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies -- or if you're in the market for an upgrade -- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition, available on September 24.

For all you Bat lovers out there, this six-disc Blu-ray set includes Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, all with their existing content, as well as two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. The release will also come packed in premium packaging.

Here's the lineup of all-new bonus content:

  • The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy: The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making... forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.

  • Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation: For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.

  • IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises: See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio.


And as for that new exclusive memorobilia:

  • Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler

  • Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul

  • 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies



The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition will retail for $99.97.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #26 of 65 Old 07-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Member
 
mldardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke View Post

What a well thought out rebuttal. Scholars and philosophers, (or as illiterate people call them, 'sorcerers'), will poor over it, for centuries to come.

I yield.

I know thanks.
mldardy is offline  
post #27 of 65 Old 07-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Member
 
Johnny Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

Frankly the first two films need to be cleaned up and re-mastered in 4K so they can match the quality of The Dark Knight Rises.
What quality? The 35 mm scenes are ugly as hell.

Panasonic TX-P42G30E
PS3
Johnny Vertigo is offline  
post #28 of 65 Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vertigo View Post

What quality? The 35 mm scenes are ugly as hell.

To be fair, he never said "good quality."

And it's funny... I watched the 1080p trailers, which are drop-dead gorgeous, sharp, rich and breathtaking. How do the Blu-rays stoop so low?
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #29 of 65 Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Member
 
Foxarwing42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I really want this, but I'm not going to buy it if it is the same transfers again.

HD DVD player: HD-XA2.
Blu-ray player: PS3.
My entire collection: http://foxarwing42.dvdaf.com/owned
Foxarwing42 is offline  
post #30 of 65 Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 AM
Member
 
Johnny Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

And it's funny... I watched the 1080p trailers, which are drop-dead gorgeous, sharp, rich and breathtaking. How do the Blu-rays stoop so low?
From what I know, trailers were done at DI (from 4K scan).

I understand why Nolan prefers shooting on film, but why he hates Digital Intermediate so much?

Panasonic TX-P42G30E
PS3
Johnny Vertigo is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Batman Trilogy Batman Begins The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Rises Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Batman by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off