Man Of Steel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 74 Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Comes out on my birthday going to splurge and get the limited edition.
Blu 3D

Blu Combo

Limited Edition

The fate of mankind is in the hands of one man when “MAN OF STEEL” arrives onto Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD 2-disc Special Edition, 3D Limited Collector’s Edition and Digital Download on November 12 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. In “Man of Steel,” Clark Kent is forced to confront his extraterrestrial past and embrace his hidden powers when Earth is threatened with destruction.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes “Man of Steel,” starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Kal-El under the direction of Zack Snyder. The film also stars four-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Master,” 2012), Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road,” 2008), Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves,” 1990), Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful,” 2002), Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It,” 1993), Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, and Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator,” 1992).

“Man of Steel” is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters served as executive producers.

“Man of Steel” will be available on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99, on DVD 2-disc Special Edition for $28.98, and as a 3D Limited Collector’s Edition for $59.99. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition and standard definition; the DVD 2-disc Special Edition features the theatrical version in standard definition; and the 3D Limited Collector’s Edition features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition, and also includes a limited release metal “S” glyph with lucite glass stand. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD 2-disc Special Edition and 3D Limited Collector’s Edition include UltraViolet* which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition theatrical version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“Man of Steel” Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and 3D Limited Collector’s Edition contain the following special features:

· Journey of Discovery: Creating “Man of Steel” – This immersive feature-length experience allows you to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.
· Strong Characters, Legendary Roles – Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story.
· All-Out Action – Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. Includes interviews with cast and crew.
· Krypton Decoded – Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured in “Man of Steel.”
· Planet Krypton – The world’s first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.

“Man of Steel” DVD 2-disc Special Edition contains the following special features:

· Strong Characters, Legendary Roles
· All-Out Action
· Krypton Decoded

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On November 12, “Man of Steel” will be available for download in HD or standard definition from online retailers including but not limited to iTunes, Xbox, PlayStation, Amazon, Vudu, CinemaNow and more...

The film will also be available digitally in High Definition (HD) VOD and Standard Definition (SD) VOD from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles and broadband customers including Amazon, iTunes, etc.

ULTRAVIOLET

*UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows. Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details. For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixter.com/info for details.

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $44.95
Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99
2-disc Amaray (WS) $28.98
3D Limited Collector’s Edition $59.99

Standard Street Date: November 12, 2013
DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Thai
BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Mandarin
3D BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Cantonese, Chinese (Traditional), Thai
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified)
3D BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese
Running Time: 143 minutes
Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction and for some language
DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 129
first day purchase... great great movie

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R
Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre/SUT
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #3 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Liked: 11
I just have to buy all the super hero blu rays now, it's kind of my thing lol!

post #4 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I thought it was haphazardly edited, handled Lois and Jonathan poorly, and contained some extreme plot holes, but I have to own it anyway.

It's the first live-action Superman film (even though it contains tons of CG) that comes anywhere close to realistically exhibiting his incredible power. You also just can't beat Zimmer. Holy sh*t, that man is probably the best composer of our time. I'm really hoping for an isolated score.
post #5 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

I thought it was haphazardly edited, handled Lois and Jonathan poorly, and contained some extreme plot holes, but I have to own it anyway.

It's the first live-action Superman film (even though it contains tons of CG) that comes anywhere close to realistically exhibiting his incredible power. You also just can't beat Zimmer. Holy sh*t, that man is probably the best composer of our time. I'm really hoping for an isolated score.

Yeah the Zimmer theme is amazing. Probably one of my favorite scores of the past decade I like it that much. As for the movie I agree too. Great special effects that somewhat faithfully represents just how powerful he is (even though he is in fact much more dangerous should be lose control). The plot holes and conveniences though make it hard to recommend as one of the best super hero movies out there. Still it's a must own and I will definitely be picking up the limited edition version. Pretty spiffy packaging. Too bad there's no US steel book planned though.
post #6 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Loved the movie. I'm thinking the 2D Blu-ray might be more appropriate on this one though. I saw it in 2D in the theater, so I don't have any personal experience, but I get the impression that 3D didn't add anything to this particular title. Thoughts?
post #7 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tack View Post

Loved the movie. I'm thinking the 2D Blu-ray might be more appropriate on this one though. I saw it in 2D in the theater, so I don't have any personal experience, but I get the impression that 3D didn't add anything to this particular title. Thoughts?

I saw it twice, one in 3D and one in 2D... I agree it didn't add anyhting to justify a 3D purchase, at least for me. As much as the steelcase is tempting, I think I'll go for the 2D version instead.
post #8 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah the Zimmer theme is amazing. Probably one of my favorite scores of the past decade I like it that much. As for the movie I agree too. Great special effects that somewhat faithfully represents just how powerful he is (even though he is in fact much more dangerous should be lose control). The plot holes and conveniences though make it hard to recommend as one of the best super hero movies out there. Still it's a must own and I will definitely be picking up the limited edition version. Pretty spiffy packaging. Too bad there's no US steel book planned though.

Pretty sure Walmart is going to have an exclusive steel book.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of-Steel-Blu-ray/75651/

post #9 of 74 Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

Everything I've seen when in Walmart is just showing that as a lenticular cover, not a steelbook. If so though I'll probably pick that up as well.
post #10 of 74 Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

Nice looking cover... but it's not 3D! frown.gif

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

post #11 of 74 Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

Nice looking cover... but it's not 3D! frown.gif

I know it reminds me of the early days of Blu-ray and HD-DVD, all of the cool exclusive packaging would be for the DVD version only.

post #12 of 74 Old 10-23-2013, 07:01 AM

Liked: 54
It's crazy how there's been no activity in this thread for months...

Anyone else get the Walmart preorder? This is the fourth one I've done (Django Unchained, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Iron Man 3 were the first three) and the first time I haven't gotten early access to the film via VUDU three weeks before release date. The card for the preorder simply says I will have access to the film "before the Blu-ray Combo Pack releases."

Lame. The only reason I paid the inflated price ($26.96 plus tax) was to be able to watch it early on VUDU...

Edit: So I just received a response from VUDU customer service. For some reason, Man of Steel will be available two weeks before the release date of the BD (instead of the usual three weeks) for preorders. So 10/29/2013 (next Tuesday.)

Hopefully the disc comes a day or two early, like with my copies of Django and Star Trek. Can't wait!
post #13 of 74 Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb View Post

It's crazy how there's been no activity in this thread for months...

Anyone else get the Walmart preorder? This is the fourth one I've done (Django Unchained, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Iron Man 3 were the first three) and the first time I haven't gotten early access to the film via VUDU three weeks before release date. The card for the preorder simply says I will have access to the film "before the Blu-ray Combo Pack releases."

Lame. The only reason I paid the inflated price ($26.96 plus tax) was to be able to watch it early on VUDU...

Edit: So I just received a response from VUDU customer service. For some reason, Man of Steel will be available two weeks before the release date of the BD (instead of the usual three weeks) for preorders. So 10/29/2013 (next Tuesday.)

Hopefully the disc comes a day or two early, like with my copies of Django and Star Trek. Can't wait!
The haters have been off demolishing other movies rolleyes.gif Seriously though I have had this on pre-order from Amazon and will be happy when I can give it a spin. smile.gif

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #14 of 74 Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Today, I just received my copy (3D and 2D blu ray package). I will watch it over the weekend and report back.

Christian

My DVD and Blu Ray collection

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #15 of 74 Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Does it have a score-only mode?
post #16 of 74 Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

good on these guys for releasing this bad boy... newly added to my collection.

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #17 of 74 Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

good on these guys for releasing this bad boy... newly added to my collection.

I like!

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #18 of 74 Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 AM

Liked: 10
Just received the Tin Box collectors edition...
I'm a bit upset the film has allot of grain...not a happy camper.
I look forward to the review of the region 1 release, if it's better I will buy it again.
post #19 of 74 Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I dont understand which version to buy... there must be 5-6 different versions here in region 1

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #20 of 74 Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

I dont understand which version to buy... there must be 5-6 different versions here in region 1

There's a 3D version, which includes the 2D version, a 2D only version or the limited edition

post #21 of 74 Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

Does it have a score-only mode?

Nope.

Yesterday, I watched several segments of the movie as I was fine tuning the audio. The picture quality is really good. Similar like Star Trek 2. The sound quality is fantastics, similar to the Dark Knight track.

Today I plan to watch the whole movie as the system is now fully re-calibrated.

Christian

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #22 of 74 Old 10-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Received the US 2D release yesterday, can't be sure but I believe the film disc is identical to the Euro disc, has the came compliment of extras in any case including the Bruce Tim 75th Anniversary short and New Zealand feature.

The Bonus Disc however contains the Planet Krypton feature and another copy of the film but this is an enhanced version (think iTunes Star Trek Into Darkness Enhanced version) with commentary, PiP, interviews and runs for 2hr56m.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VKt3ild.jpg

YMb3MOk.jpg
post #23 of 74 Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I watched the movie last night and is pure refence .

Christian

post #24 of 74 Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Planet Krypton, on the 2nd disc, is a fairly decent little featurette. It talks about Krypton from a historical perspective, as if it actually existed.
The rest of the extras are pure tat, with any interesting info in the Maximum Movie Mode, buried under embarrassed actors and inane nonsense.
post #25 of 74 Old 10-29-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimon View Post

Just received the Tin Box collectors edition...
I'm a bit upset the film has allot of grain...not a happy camper.
I look forward to the review of the region 1 release, if it's better I will buy it again.

Well, if it's accurate to what we got in the theater why would you be upset? Isn't it a good thing the film grain is there?
lordcloud likes this.
post #26 of 74 Old 10-30-2013, 02:12 PM

Is there anyone in Los Angeles, that knows something?
PM me. There is no way I can wait until November 12th. Please. smile.gif
post #27 of 74 Old 10-31-2013, 02:01 AM

Liked: 11
I just gave a quick look at the DTS-HD MA track with a peak meter and it looks like there's a -3dB limiter on all channels and, although it sounds powerful, it lacks some dBs compared to other movies.
post #28 of 74 Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Watched this one last night (2D version), just the movie, didn't bother with any extras.

Just too busy to see it during it's theatrical run so this was my first time seeing the movie. It wasn't as bad as I've heard some people complain but it wasn't great. Biggest beef was once again another (long, drawn out) retelling of Suoerman's origin. Didn't really care for the casting of Henry Cavill in the title role but he didn't embarrass himself. I did like how various past instances of "Clarks" youth was told in relevant flashbacks throughout the movie although the bit with Pa Kent waiving Clark back during a key moment was just too corny for words. Overall, the tone was better than "Superman Returns." I will say the orgy of city-smashing for the climax would have made Godzilla envious and is probably the best depiction of almost God-like super humans fighting in a city any movie has produced although the death toll must have ranked in the hundreds of thousands!

The Blu-ray presentation looks and sounds great. I do agree with the poster above regarding the audio isn't quite as "loud" as some other new theatrical releases, but it still does the movie justice.

Overall, not one of my favorite superhero (or even Superman) movies but well worth viewing.
post #29 of 74 Old 10-31-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
I saw this in the theater and I did like the opening Krypton scenes - they had an epic sci-fi feel to it. I thought the overall movie was just "okay." I didn't care for the flow of the movie nor some of the actors used for characters. Not sure if I will give it a rental or not.

post #30 of 74 Old 11-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

I will say the orgy of city-smashing for the climax would have made Godzilla envious and is probably the best depiction of almost God-like super humans fighting in a city any movie has produced although the death toll must have ranked in the hundreds of thousands!

This is the only reason I liked it (beyond the obvious Zimmer score).
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page