quick question about blu rays - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
bradymartin's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: los angeles
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
today i watched Drive on blu ray and there was in intro with a mix of several short movie clips set to some pretty awesome epic style type music.

i see these often before movies, hbo does them and several others. my question is i love watching these, what are they called? ive tried several ways to find some like i typed movie mix clips, movie clip collages etc but i cant seem to nail it. so what are these clips called?

bradymartin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Shingster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Movie clip montage? A montage is when you string together a series of individual shots or pictures into a singular sequence.
Shingster is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
NetworkTV's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 16,718
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
If you're looking for those particular montages that you see on the blu-rays, you likely won't find many of them except on the discs. They get taken down very quickly anywhere else. The reason is, they're far easier to tag as copyrighted material than the actual movie.
NetworkTV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off