This is the End. Blu ray issues. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, put the Blu Ray into my PS3. It's hooked to my Panasonic vt60. When I start the disc everything is fine right up until you hit play the movie on the title screen. The screen flashes like it's changing resolution or something. And the movie is washed out with light gray black bars. I tried several other movies and all is fine. Whats going on here? Does it have to do with the movie mastered in 4K? Need Help, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Sounds like a defective disc but doubt it has to do with the mastering since it's now in current BluRay format. Exchange it. I'd try too (in case it has something to do with the PS3) but don't have the disc yet, altho it's coming up in my queue soon....

post #3 of 10 Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Mine worked fine on my ps3. best movie evar!
post #4 of 10 Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Do you have any other 'Mastered in 4K' discs? People have reported dropouts in the picture on certain titles (Ghostbusters, After EArth) on certain players (Sony, LG), and I'm sure I've come across the 'washed out colour' complaint with Panasonic TVs too, which has something to do with the xv colour encoding.

On the PS3's playback settings, try turning 'super white' off. And is the PS3's HDMI going directly to the TV, or is being routed thru an amplifier?
post #5 of 10 Old 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 48
Rented a RED BOX blu today. Watched it. Left me kinda cold. Laughed a bit, but not much. Looked great. But damn that RED Camera has serious rolling shutter.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #6 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

Do you have any other 'Mastered in 4K' discs? People have reported dropouts in the picture on certain titles (Ghostbusters, After EArth) on certain players (Sony, LG), and I'm sure I've come across the 'washed out colour' complaint with Panasonic TVs too, which has something to do with the xv colour encoding.

On the PS3's playback settings, try turning 'super white' off. And is the PS3's HDMI going directly to the TV, or is being routed thru an amplifier?

I have all of them, and they all work perfectly through my ps3. I am routing it through a Denon AVP-A1HD however.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdmt View Post

I have all of them, and they all work perfectly through my ps3. I am routing it through a Denon AVP-A1HD however.

How are you passing from the PS3? Why would your Denon make a difference?

post #8 of 10 Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM

Im having problems with it as well, in various scenes it causes the tv screen to go black, the "input" selection flashes in the upper right corner, like its trying to change the video resolution or viewing mode.

I swapped it with a new disc through amazon and its all the same. Makes the movie unwatchable.

Sharp 70le-847 with a Sony 3d blu ray player.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Rented a RED BOX blu today. Watched it. Left me kinda cold. Laughed a bit, but not much. Looked great. But damn that RED Camera has serious rolling shutter.

I agree. Had a few funny moments but honestly, it seemed like an ad-libbed on the spot vanity project featuring mostly mediocre current comedy actors including Seth Rogan, Michael Cera, James Franco and others playing themselves (don't they always?) in a plot about The Apocalypse and The Rapture happening while they're partying at Franco's new house (which probably became a tax write-off). One "high" point of the movie is Jonah Hill getting raped by shadowy demons sporting apparently horse (sized) wankers. Lots of jerk off jokes, demon possession vomiting, CGI giant Satan monsters with naturally well-endowed junk and all sorts of cameos from the likes of Rihanna and a constant barrage of self-referencing their own previous movies. Rogan and his pals fixation on pot maybe makes them this generation's Cheech and Chong(s) except that duo was a lot funnier in their day.

I also had an issue while watching this Blu-ray..... the disc started pixilating and froze about 1/2 through, turned out it had a massive fingerprint right in the center of the disc which was odd that it was brand new.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-31-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

All I ask of a movie like this is that it make me laugh. That didn't happen very much. I just stared at the screen for most of the movie. It's clear that all those buddies had a fun time making the movie--but the cast and crew also had fun making Ocean's 12, and that didn't entertain me, either.

PETER JACKSON: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
This Is The End Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page