Disney's Frozen 3D Pre-Order Cancelled - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #151 of 153 Old 03-26-2016, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Might be good to also contact Susan McClain who is the person that instituted the 3D ban. I don't have an e-mail but here's her LinkedIn page:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/susan-mc...authToken=q-DT
Thanks for the link. There is some bright news now, Disney's latest animated movie, Zootopia, has pre-orders up for a 3D blu-ray pack, it is even in their announcement, I almost fell over.. It is the first 3D release since way before Frozen, maybe the studio has had a change of heart, still I hope everyone on this thread who really loves their 3D goes to all of the posted links and does their part, I am posting at dozens of sites and am working really hard to getting as many emails and postal letters to Disney as possible. I am also sending a letter directly to Bob Iger president. PLEASE everyone, spend a half hour and use all of the links posted to tell Disney we want 3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Hate to burst you guys bubble, but 3D will probably go away. Disney 3D sales have not been too great so that's why some releases were not available in 3D. Big Hero 6 is another title that was not released in 3D domestically. The latest Star Wars movie will not be released in 3D on April 5 as well. Rumor has it that Disney will release that on 3D at the end of the year but i would not get your hopes up.

Even TV manufacturers have been phasing out 3D sets. Visio (arguably the number TV seller) discontinued 3D sets. Samsung has ceased orders of their 3D glasses from their 3rd party source so it looks like they will discontinue it as well. TV manufacturers are trying to ramp up production on 4K sets which is more lucrative for them.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #153 of 153 Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
Hate to burst you guys bubble, but 3D will probably go away. Disney 3D sales have not been too great so that's why some releases were not available in 3D. Big Hero 6 is another title that was not released in 3D domestically. The latest Star Wars movie will not be released in 3D on April 5 as well. Rumor has it that Disney will release that on 3D at the end of the year but i would not get your hopes up.

Even TV manufacturers have been phasing out 3D sets. Visio (arguably the number TV seller) discontinued 3D sets. Samsung has ceased orders of their 3D glasses from their 3rd party source so it looks like they will discontinue it as well. TV manufacturers are trying to ramp up production on 4K sets which is more lucrative for them.
Nearly each point you mention has been accurately refuted numerous times, on various threads, by various individuals so I'll refrain from reiterating. You have the right to think what you like.

However, the STAR WARS 3D will be coming. The only reason it's not out in April is due to the fact that the Blu-Rays were originally scheduled for release in June. The 3D discs were being prepared, but the encoding for 3D takes longer than 2D. When the date was moved up to April, there wasn't enough time for the 3D discs to be ready so quickly. I doubt they'd be encoding and manufacturing discs if they weren't going to be released. We'll get them later. In the meantime, I'll just rent the BD.

In an unrelated note, it's rumored that both the theatrical and 3-hour R-rated cuts of BvS will be in 3D when the video is released. (I've heard June or July but we'll see.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page