Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 77
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HVFA39A/

OAR
Uncut

I have no idea if the quality will be good, but at this price it's worth the risk IMO.
Quote:
One of the most cherished TV series of all time, "Little House on the Prairie" continues to capture new generations of fans around the world by sharing its timeless themes of love, morality and rich family values. This American classic can now be experienced like never before when Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition arrives on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD UltraViolet) and DVD (plus Digital Ultraviolet) March 25th. To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the pilot movie premiere, the beloved series has been completely restored and remastered, and will be available in high definition for the first time from Lionsgate Home Entertainment and NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products.

First introduced to American families in March of 1974, the show remained a top-rated series throughout its nine season run, and garnered 17 Emmy and three Golden Globe nominations along with two People's Choice Awards. "Little House on the Prairie" was produced by NBC in association with multiple Emmy nominated and highly successful television producer Ed Friendly. The show remains one of television's most meaningful TV series, and now loyal fans along with new viewers will be able to discover the Ingalls' unconquerable courage as they strive to build a better way of life.

Not seen since their original TV broadcast, all twenty-four season one episodes are now presented complete and uncut, newly restored and remastered for optimal picture and sound quality. Plus, you'll discover where the "Little House on the Prairie" TV legend began-with the original, full-length pilot movie that introduced the Ingalls family to millions of viewers around the world.

Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert both earned Golden Globe nominations for their unforgettable roles as Charles Ingalls and Laura Ingalls in the inspiring story, based on Laura Ingalls Wilder's best-selling and much-loved "The Little House on the Prairie" book series which chronicles the dramatic, gripping adventures of a young pioneer family's struggle to build a new life for themselves on the American frontier of the 1870s. Relive all the heartwarming adventures from season one-from the arrival of Charles Ingalls and his family in Walnut Grove, through the building of a new home and friendships to battling for their lives against a vicious blizzard.

Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition includes all twenty-four original broadcast length episodes of the premiere season, plus the 96-minute pilot movie. Packed with over 21 hours of content, the Season One set also includes all-new special features including the original screen tests and part one of a newly created six-part documentary that takes a historical look back at the acclaimed series. These treasured Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition Blu-ray and DVD collections will be available for $38.99 and $29.98, respectively.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES (subject to change):
Original Screen Tests from Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert
"The Little House Phenomenon: Part One - A Place in Television History"

Little House On The Prairie - Season One Deluxe Remastered Edition
Year of Production: 1974
Rating: TV-G
Genre: TV on DVD
Blu-ray - Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD - Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles - English and Spanish
Feature Run Time: 1268 minutes
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
DVD Format: 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
Blu-ray Audio: English 2.0 DTS HD Master Audio, French 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD Audio: English and French 2.0 Dolby Digital

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

No comments? Strange, I expected such a popular show to drum up greater interest.

Well no worries, I pre-ordered it so I'll post screenshots when it arrives.
post #3 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I know my mother will want to watch it. I am surprised at how reasonable the list pricing is for an entire season.
post #4 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

No comments? Strange, I expected such a popular show to drum up greater interest.
I guess it hasn't stood the test of time.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #5 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, according to imbd, "Little House on the Prairie" was recorded on 35mm film. If properly scanned, it could look cinematic.

Of course, the ratio was originally released as 4:3, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #6 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

Well, according to imbd, "Little House on the Prairie" was recorded on 35mm film. If properly scanned, it could look cinematic.

Of course, the ratio was originally released as 4:3, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

They should leave it 4:3.1 is what they should do.
Tom Bley likes this.
post #7 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Great! I grew up watching this show and watch the re-runs often on channel 26.4 Chicago the U. The quality is really aweful so, I'm hoping this is a bit better. smile.gif
post #8 of 29 Old 02-09-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post

They should leave it 4:3.1 is what they should do.

Absolutely. I had a recent argument about this on another forum where people were saying they should "enhance" these to 16:9. (Shaking my head.)

post #9 of 29 Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

EDIT: Updated first post.
post #10 of 29 Old 02-14-2014, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I actually wouldn't mind owning this. I grew up watching this show and always thought fondly of it. Especially the early seasons. As far as the aspect goes I think if they can show it widescreen without having to zoom it then that would be nice but otherwise leave it as it was and judging by the details in the OP that's exactly what they have done.
post #11 of 29 Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Saw this over on blu-ray.com: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/02/little-house-on-the-prairie-first-look-at-blu-ray-restoration.html

I am a bit nervous that they scrubbed the details and changed the color too much. I noticed Laura's missing freckles and so did someone else on the blu-ray forum. Can't wait to see full resolution samples.
post #12 of 29 Old 02-16-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr View Post

Saw this over on blu-ray.com: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/02/little-house-on-the-prairie-first-look-at-blu-ray-restoration.html
I am a bit nervous that they scrubbed the details and changed the color too much. I noticed Laura's missing freckles and so did someone else on the blu-ray forum. Can't wait to see full resolution samples.

Indeed, I'm always wary of low-resolution press kit images. I'll reserve judgement until I see actual 1080p images from the production Blu-ray itself at 120".
post #13 of 29 Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a 720p trailer on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lIM557gEm4
I think the color looks good. It is still too early to tell how much DNR they did. It doesn't look very detailed, but youtube's compression isn't helping matters. I wish there were screenshots somewhere.
post #14 of 29 Old 03-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Season 2 is slated for release May 6th.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #15 of 29 Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Thread title edited to reflect the upcoming seasons with OP permission. I'll be picking up Season 2. I like the earlier seasons much more than the later seasons.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #16 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Season 2 is slated for release May 6th.
S~

I preordered that one too... If S1 doesn't pan out well (I'll find out on Tuesday and share caps) I can always cancel the preorder. I'm still confused as to how the seasons are only $17, that just seems too cheap.
post #17 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I preordered that one too... If S1 doesn't pan out well (I'll find out on Tuesday and share caps) I can always cancel the preorder. I'm still confused as to how the seasons are only $17, that just seems too cheap.

I guess Loinsgate being the distributor party explains the price.
post #18 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can look at caps here:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Little-House-on-the-Prairie-Season-One-Blu-ray/93639/#Review
post #19 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

In most cases it looks quite good. The color may be a bit much sometimes and a bit drab other times, but overall I am very pleased with what I am seeing in those caps. I can't wait to get it and start watching it!
post #20 of 29 Old 03-25-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Anyone have this yet and able to comment on how it looks? How does the audio sound?

Any technical issues with the discs?
post #21 of 29 Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Anyone have this yet and able to comment on how it looks? How does the audio sound?

Any technical issues with the discs?

The review posted above seems pretty positive. Unfortunately, the credit card I used to preorder it was canceled as part of the Target data breach. Amazon didn't tell me until today, so my order has been delayed. mad.gif
post #22 of 29 Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:

The review posted above seems pretty positive. Unfortunately, the credit card I used to preorder it was canceled as part of the Target data breach. Amazon didn't tell me until today, so my order has been delayed. mad.gif
Thankfully, Amazon's pre-orders no longer mean anything price-wise. You can usually get discs for the same price or less after it's released. That's why I never pre-order that stuff anymore. For example, most recently, The Black Stallion on Blu-ray went down $3 after release day. I'm glad I waited.

The only downsides to not pre-ordering are not getting it the day of release and possibly getting delayed if the disc is really popular.
post #23 of 29 Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I got mine today and threw it in for a quick look see. There is some shimmering with the credits that overlay the picture when the episode first starts (after the intro), but overall, I am very pleased and it is a huge improvement over the DVD's. I haven't given it a thorough review yet, so there may be other issues I didn't catch, but I am happy enough. The color also looks pretty good from what I can tell. For the price, there is no reason to complain at all that I can find.
post #24 of 29 Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I had 30 minutes to throw the pilot up on the big screen tonight. I can't believe this is the same show I grew up watching. The detail is IN-SANE in most scenes with very natural grain. In my limited viewing, I did encounter a couple scenes that were very, very grainy and then a couple that had very little grain, BUT if I hadn't seen scenes with more grain, I wouldn't have noticed any missing. I don't know how distracting it would be in actual viewing since I was skipping around a bit. I can't really comment on the colors since I don't remember what they looked like on my parents' 1980s 19" TV, but they appear pleasing to these eyes.

I'll investigate further and post screenies this weekend. So far, the audio is great for sure. If you like the show, you should spend the $18.
post #25 of 29 Old 03-28-2014, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Skipping through the episodes on discs 1 and 2, it seems like the grain suppression knob (DNR) has been turned up a little more. It's not offensive, but it's more obvious. I hope to get some images up tonight.
post #26 of 29 Old 03-29-2014, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 214
So glad to see this fine show be done justice finally. The syndicated cuts and the poor quality (Especially with later seasons) on DVD was shameful. And the genius at Imavision that was responsible for removing the iconic introduction in the early season sets after the first episode of each disc still ranks as the most bizarre decision that I've ever seen where TV on DVD is concerned.

Between the horrible quality control they passed on to consumers and a very poor experience I had when buying their bundle set of the first 9 seasons directly from Imavision (Before the movie set was released and eventually later on, the complete series sets), I hope Imavision has gone out of business. They deserved it.
post #27 of 29 Old 06-26-2014, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Season 3 is scheduled to be released September 9, 2014.

S~

post #28 of 29 Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Season 3 is scheduled to be released September 9, 2014.
S~
Shoot, I haven't even had time to watch Season 2 yet. Summer in Minnesota is a valuable commodity.
post #29 of 29 Old 06-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

I've only watched the pilot movie.

S~

Reply Blu-ray Software