Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-19-2014, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 347
According to these pages:

...Criterion will have Picnic at Hanging Rock in June.

It's been a long wait. This is one of the few remaining "must have" titles on my want list.

Here is a capsule review I did several years ago: Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975). And here are thumbnails from the Criterion DVD, which was 4:3 letterboxed, not anamorphic:

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Really excited about this one. I have the DVD and it's one of the better looking ones I own. Really fantastic cinematography. Should look absolutely gorgeous on bluray.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the region B Blu-ray of "Picnic at Hanging Rock" issued by Second Sight, which has a high def transfer supervised by Peter Weir. I found the transfer to be quite noisy and grainy, not surprising for a low budget film from the 70's. Oddly, this transfer is framed at 16:9, which is good for today's high def sets, but very unlikely to be the original aspect ratio. Also a few scenes were trimmed for this "Director's Cut" (they are included in the many extras). Anyway, I'm wondering if the Criterion version will have a different mastering and if they will use a lot of digital noise reduction
post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 347
I've seen it and am very pleased. Gorgeous images. The disc includes several extras and Homesdale (1971), an early short film from Weir.

I've attached a few full-size images. I saved them as png, but the forum was giving me an error (files too large?) so I converted them to jpg.

-Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	124658   Click image for larger version

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	124666   Click image for larger version

Name:	temp3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	124674   Click image for larger version

Name:	temp4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	124682  

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page