Master list of reviews? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey, so I vaguely remember looking at a thread a year or two ago that showed their review score here on the forums somewhere. i found this thread, but it doesn't show review scores. To be honest, I could be imagining I saw this thread, but I really feel like I've seen it before. It was basically a giant thread with scores next to each film. Anyone know of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 741
You may be thinking of Ralph Potts regular series of official reviews here? There's a dedicated area, this came up first http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482702/oblivion-blu-ray-official-avsforum-review

post #3 of 7 Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post

Hey, so I vaguely remember looking at a thread a year or two ago that showed their review score here on the forums somewhere. i found this thread, but it doesn't show review scores. To be honest, I could be imagining I saw this thread, but I really feel like I've seen it before. It was basically a giant thread with scores next to each film. Anyone know of this?
You are thinking of the Picture Quality Tiers for Blu-ray, found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1425519/official-blu-ray-picture-quality-rankings-the-pq-tiers-updated-through-march-27-2014

Active discussion for the rankings is ongoing in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/newestpost/858316/the-new-pq-tier-thread-for-blu-ray-discussion
ch1sox likes this.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Last time I looked the cinemasquid site showed the review scores from multiple sites for each BD title. Review scores for pq are notoriously unreliable however.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post

Quote:

Last time I looked the cinemasquid site showed the review scores from multiple sites for each BD title. Review scores for pq are notoriously unreliable however.
If you weren't aware, Cinema Squid redesigned his site in the past month to focus on screenshots alone. The daunting work of hunting down each BD review became too much for one man. The only way I know of at the moment to even access his review archives is through the individual links found in the Picture Quality Tiers. This was done at my request, he had originally intended to pull them completely offline.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post

If you weren't aware, Cinema Squid redesigned his site in the past month to focus on screenshots alone. The daunting work of hunting down each BD review became too much for one man. The only way I know of at the moment to even access his review archives is through the individual links found in the Picture Quality Tiers. This was done at my request, he had originally intended to pull them completely offline.

It did seem to be a lot of work to me, the only site I knew that did it.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post

You are thinking of the Picture Quality Tiers for Blu-ray, found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1425519/official-blu-ray-picture-quality-rankings-the-pq-tiers-updated-through-march-27-2014

Active discussion for the rankings is ongoing in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/newestpost/858316/the-new-pq-tier-thread-for-blu-ray-discussion

Awesome, I think this must have been it. smile.gif
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page