Packaging
Slipcover in original pressing

Playback
Region A

Attachments

See less See more
#18 ·
Only if you look at it that way.

Cooper didn't have a romantic interest in Amelia but rather he was a pioneer, an explorer. When his only connection to the past died, he went back to help her at the colony, so she wouldn't be alone, and perhaps to give back as future humans had saved his life so now he wanted to help ensure their future.

#11 · (Edited)
...And neither 3D sound with Nolan. ...He is who he is; not James Cameron, not Michael Bay.

He's good @ 'Batman' (trilogy), and 'Inception', and 'Interstellar', and 'Memento', and few more... 2D picture, 70mm film pellicule, IMAX cameras, 5.1 surround sound, great music scores (hires great music composers in all his films), and all that cinema jazz from which Christopher Nolan is well known for.

#14 ·
Personally, I loved Interstellar and will pick up day one.

It would be nice if Lionsgate got a hold of this one though for an Atmos mix, as I'm convinced that they will only ever master in the new 3D audio formats from now on.

I just wish the rest of these studios would follow suit.

#20 ·
I have a feeling this may be one of those 1st movies to be released on UHDBR....I might still pick this up though to past the time, I really enjoyed the movie. I can see lots of complaints form those who didn't see it in the theater (especially the 70mm IMAX Film). The variance in image quality can be a little jarring sometimes (I noticed it more in the beginning). Hopefully we get a faithful representation and people don't bug out ;)

#34 ·
Favorite movie of last year.

But when it comes to Blu-ray, I'm not a fan of the AR shifting.

A forum member on here helped me out creating consistent 2.35 AR versions of TDK and TDKR, and I love them! I hope I'm able to get some assistance for this one as well. A couple of shots will end up kind of cropped strangely on this one I believe, but I would still like that extra disc.

#36 · (Edited)
Interstellar blew my sub (a Wharfedale SPC-12 rated at 400W RMS / 850W peak). To just have the dialog intelligible you need to crank it up to -3 dB or so. It has continuous content recorded at 20 Hz for 30+ seconds during some of the scenes. The sandstorm actually blows physical wind through your room.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forum...-2014-bluray-will-it-be-muffled-or-not.93992/

My sub blew during the black hole scene. There was no audible noise that the sub was straining. It just suddenly burped and died. Voice coil & former frozen at the bottom of the shaft. Former completely ripped off from spider. Cone completely ripped of from spider. Tinsel leads completely ripped off from cone. It's now literally three separate non-touching pieces attached to a common frame.

#45 ·
I haven't found a film yet that could not be watched at ref level for my tastes. I highly doubt this film is as loud or louder than STID or Transf 4 (which is officially the loudest film measured to date at data-bass). I have this coming from NF tom though and curious to check it out.

#54 ·
This is the first film for me that shook the ground in such a way that no other film has. You're literally blasting from Earth's atmosphere in this, or going through a wormhole, etc. Very neatly done!

It didn't quite move the air like Transformers does, but that's okay. The LFE was almost effortless in its work.

#47 ·
Just finished watching the Blu-ray of Interstellar delivered by Amazon at noon today and watching it a second time sure helped with the films (70mm IMAX) sound track we had trouble with... dialog was way too low and effects too loud. I think this may be a two viewing movie, as we didn't realize how much we'd missed in the dialog at the movie. Especially the significant role the robots played. Unfortunately, we did have to control the Blu-ray playback level, as the effects track was way to loud and the dialog level had to be bumped up for a number of scenes.

But, it certainly is a great movie and the video is certainly excellent, too.
-Rod

#53 ·
Silly question, but VLC Media Player has a crop feature where you can click one button and your picture will not stretch while there will be black bars on top and bottom, no loss of picture.

Is there a Blu-ray player out there that can do this with a disc, by chance?

#56 ·
must be my system but ive never had a movie as big sounding as interstellar. From what I remember of Transformers or STID at least anyway

#61 ·
Wow! I watched it last night... I normally watch movies at about -20 to -25dB on my Pioneer... The bass in some scenes was very low. I had to lower the volume to about -30 to -35dB depending on the scene. Even at that level, stuff in my room was shaking. Never had that happen before, even with Edge of Tomorrow...

Mind you, my sub system consists of DIY 1000-watt dual 12" drivers and a Def Tech Supercube... which I consider to be a bit above average in bass output...

#62 ·
This movie had some extreme bass moments. I also love the switch between 2:35 and IMAX, but like others have said, the dialogue was extremely low in some points, or the sound effects/music was mixed too hot, either way in my opinion that was terrible. Now you can say it stayed true to the source because in the theater had the same problem. I can't justify a purchase with mixing of this Bluray.

Still a great movie, I just wish they would have fixed or balanced the dialogue for the Bluray

#63 · (Edited)
I just finished watching this tonight. The dialog on my system was more intelligible than at the theater. It is the music score as mentioned above that gets louder than normal. The movie overall is definitely loud! I have to add along with the others that this disc had items that normally don't vibrate around the house shaking full force. I was at -12 as I normally use -10 as my "theater reference". More to do with my GF who was sitting next to me! If you enjoy bass you'll love this one. Not with extreme low end bass but still room shaking due to the dynamic mix:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.