AVS Forum banner

Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, BD

848 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  wuther 
#1 · (Edited)
Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, originally called Doppelganger

One hundred years in the future, two astronauts are sent to uncover the secrets of a “duplicate” Earth on the other side of the sun. When they crash land three weeks earlier than they had planned, they must embark on a life-or-death mission to determine whether they have arrived back home or on the strange mirror world.

Just picked this up on BD.
I have know idea just how I missed seeing this when I was a kid. What a great, classic sci-fi movie!!!
If you like movies like Robinson Crusoe on Mars, The Green Slime, you should like this one!!!
If you have ever seen the Thunderbirds puppets, well this is a live version in the same vein.
This movie was made by Gerry Anderson who is to puppets what Ray Harryhausen was to stop motion filming.
It has a great 60's sci-fi vibe going on, good actors and a good story, was great entertainment!
I've never had such heart pounding excitment over a plastic rocket on a string launch sequence as in this flick, haha.

See less See more
#6 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
Somehow it was released twice on DVD and I have them both. Don't think it's worth a triple dip...why don't they release stuff they never released on DVD, huh, tell me that!

#14 ·
I'm double-dipping, I'm replacing my Laserdisc. The price is right, $11.49, at Amazonia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.