Avengers: Age of Ultron Blu-ray - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179Likes

post #391 of 418 Old 11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10181 Post(s)
Liked: 9169
Finally watched this on blu ray the other night.

Before I watched it, I watched jurassic world.

I must say, visually, I thought avengers 2 was very disappointing. The 1st one looked ALOT better. The whole picture of part 2 seemed faded, the colors were very weak and I thought the black levels were weak too. Am I the only person who thinks this?

Jurassic world absolutely blew it away visually as far as colors and resolution too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 418 Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
Nik,

Did I not say the same thing about Terminator Genisys a page or so back?

Absolutely reference-grade TrueHD track, for sure, and the de-facto demo mix right now. Incredible.

Totally agree. Powerful and definitely a superb demo mix. I had some friends over who did not think they would enjoy the movie. The audio itself made them watch the entire movie.

Cheers,

Nikhil
http://www.lihkin.net
post #393 of 418 Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Toe

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 2284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Toe,

As to this soundtrack specifically, bass isn't necessarily the issue, it's that certain chapters have no dynamic range or clarity...the worst being the opening scene of the movie once they cut to the forest sequence. ..it doesn't sound good at all, at any volume level, the sound mixer screwed the pooch since it sounded the same way in the theater.
As I mentioned, the biggest complaint I can muster with this track is I would have liked to see a bit more LFE extension. I didn't find any scene in the film to "not sound good at all" once you bump the volume. The general dynamics of the track are excellent, from an objective standpoint (and subjective from my experience).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Is it possible that what we're dealing with here is one of you calibrating for reference at 75dB and the other for 85dB?

That seems like it might be a possibility.

post #394 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Finally watched this on blu ray the other night.

Before I watched it, I watched jurassic world.

I must say, visually, I thought avengers 2 was very disappointing. The 1st one looked ALOT better. The whole picture of part 2 seemed faded, the colors were very weak and I thought the black levels were weak too. Am I the only person who thinks this?

Jurassic world absolutely blew it away visually as far as colors and resolution too.

Ray,

Just checked in with this thread and, unfortunately see that it's still inundated with subtle stabs at the performance level of people's systems, therefore leading to quasi-personal attacks absolutely uncalled for. I will stick by my sentiments that the Age of Ultron track is WEAK, lacking bass and mastered, in an overall sense, WAY TOO LOW.

Now, getting to your comment above -- you're spot-on about the coloring and "look" of this sequel when compared to the first film. I have been saying this throughout the multiple layers of this thread, that from the opening Hydra lair sequence onward, the film exhibited some of the sloppiest, amateurish CGI I've seen in quite some time. In that opening scene, look carefully at the way Thor jumps from the ground to the Hydra tanks and back again...it looks RIDICULOUSLY fake and choppy, almost like we're watching a video game. The transfer itself, in 2D guise, was indeed murky, flat and "dim" in most places -- very much like a decent (at that) DVD transfer.

So, no, you're not the only person who thinks this. You can't even compare Jurassic World with this film in terms of visuals and the Blu-ray transfer presentations; there's no basis to do so. Jurassic World's video is reference quality-esque from nearly beginning to end. And what does this say about Age of Ultron's video presentation? What an utter disappointment...for such a big-budgeted blockbuster and anticipated title -- churned out by a giant of a studio no less -- the Blu-ray looked DVD-esque to the point one could argue we may as well had been watching a decently upscaled DVD in most places. There WERE moments of high definition clarity and elemental surprise -- look carefully at the sequence in which the team is entering Barton's farm "safe house" towards the middle of the film...here, Thor's red cape is absolutely bursting with rich color beyond the DVD resolution in addition to exhibiting tremendous clarity and detail, and ditto for Steve's Captain America costume, which looked almost hyper-real in this brief moment. In general, though, the film just didn't look all that great on Blu-ray, and that was very disappointing given the anticipation level for its release.
Andreas21 and therealdjnugz like this.

Last edited by IntelliVolume; 11-19-2015 at 05:31 PM.
post #395 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shniks View Post
Totally agree. Powerful and definitely a superb demo mix. I had some friends over who did not think they would enjoy the movie. The audio itself made them watch the entire movie.

Cheers,

Nikhil
http://www.lihkin.net

I am in total agreement, my friend -- I, too, want to buy this disc based on the audio alone. I was surprised that I actually thought it was a good addition to the franchise, to boot. Not a STELLAR addition, but definitely a surprisingly decent one.

I really could care less, at this point, what certain people in this thread are attempting to ram down my throat with regard to Age of Ultron and its performance on MY "cheap, weak, amateur-esque beginner system" (or whatever else they're "accusing it of being" in their minds and through their sometimes not-so-subtle comments here)...the disc's audio sucks, and is one of the most disappointing Blu-ray releases since as far back in the format as I can remember. I am in TOTAL agreement with others here who have stated Age of Ultron's Master Audio track is seriously lean on bass, lacking dynamics and requires a RIDICULOUS amount of master volume goosing (beyond reference level, as some have reported, which is ludicrous).

Terminator Genisys was amazing in the sound department, though.
Dave Vaughn and Andreas21 like this.
post #396 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Ray,

Just checked in with this thread and, unfortunately see that it's still inundated with subtle stabs at the performance level of people's systems, therefore leading to quasi-personal attacks absolutely uncalled for. I will stick by my sentiments that the Age of Ultron track is WEAK, lacking bass and mastered, in an overall sense, WAY TOO LOW.

Now, getting to your comment above -- you're spot-on about the coloring and "look" of this sequel when compared to the first film. I have been saying this throughout the multiple layers of this thread, that from the opening Hydra lair sequence onward, the film exhibited some of the sloppiest, amateurish CGI I've seen in quite some time. In that opening scene, look carefully at the way Thor jumps from the ground to the Hydra tanks and back again...it looks RIDICULOUSLY fake and choppy, almost like we're watching a video game. The transfer itself, in 2D guise, was indeed murky, flat and "dim" in most places -- very much like a decent (at that) DVD transfer.

So, no, you're not the only person who thinks this. You can't even compare Jurassic World with this film in terms of visuals and the Blu-ray transfer presentations; there's no basis to do so. Jurassic World's video is reference quality-esque from nearly beginning to end. And what does this say about Age of Ultron's video presentation? What an utter disappointment...for such a big-budgeted blockbuster and anticipated title -- churned out by a giant of a studio no less -- the Blu-ray looked DVD-esque to the point one could argue we may as well had been watching a decently upscaled DVD in most places. There WERE moments of high definition clarity and elemental surprise -- look carefully at the sequence in which the team is entering Barton's farm "safe house" towards the middle of the film...here, Thor's red cape is absolutely bursting with rich color beyond the DVD resolution in addition to exhibiting tremendous clarity and detail, and ditto for Steve's Captain America costume, which looked almost hyper-real in this brief moment. In general, though, the film just didn't look all that great on Blu-ray, and that was very disappointing given the anticipation level for its release.

Glad it wasn't me that was crazy.

I also noticed coming directly from jurassic world that the sound wasn't good either. I had to turn the volume up quite a bit even though jurassic world was very loud and clear even at a low setting on my avr.

What an absolute dud visually. And yes I agree about the opening sequence, the CGI looked just aweful, as if we were watching a clay presentation like they used to do on the pee wees playhouse show back in the 80s!!

Here's a slightly funny story. The 1st time I seen age of ultron, was actually a purchased HDX version on vudu. My 1st vudu movie. And it looked horrible. I completely blamed vudu for how it looked. So you can imagine my shock when I put the blu ray in and it looked just as bad. Why would someone burn the vudu version onto a disc :P
post #397 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I am in total agreement, my friend -- I, too, want to buy this disc based on the audio alone. I was surprised that I actually thought it was a good addition to the franchise, to boot. Not a STELLAR addition, but definitely a surprisingly decent one.

I really could care less, at this point, what certain people in this thread are attempting to ram down my throat with regard to Age of Ultron and its performance on MY "cheap, weak, amateur-esque beginner system" (or whatever else they're "accusing it of being" in their minds and through their sometimes not-so-subtle comments here)...the disc's audio sucks, and is one of the most disappointing Blu-ray releases since as far back in the format as I can remember. I am in TOTAL agreement with others here who have stated Age of Ultron's Master Audio track is seriously lean on bass, lacking dynamics and requires a RIDICULOUS amount of master volume goosing (beyond reference level, as some have reported, which is ludicrous).

I have an oppo 103d, a Sony 7.2 avr and a samsung JS9500 with quantum dot colors, none of these could save this movie lol

The next 2 installments should look amazing, being filmed entirely with imax cameras and should have hdr grading with 10 bit color. Those will be must own.
post #398 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Glad it wasn't me that was crazy.

Nope...you're not crazy (well, as far as I can tell and with regard to Age of Ultron's picture and sound )...

Quote:
I also noticed coming directly from jurassic world that the sound wasn't good either. I had to turn the volume up quite a bit even though jurassic world was very loud and clear even at a low setting on my avr.
See, it's interesting how some people could have opposite findings than the (mostly) majority of viewers (here, at least)...I found Jurassic World's DTS-HD Master Audio track to be louder than Age of Ultron's, but significantly lower and less impactful than many other titles in a general sense; it's much more aggressive than Age of Ultron when comparing the two back to back, but Jurassic World's mix didn't blow my skirt up, either (taking into consideration this was supposed to be a film about dinosaurs and one made within the past year, at that).

To argue the factors surrounding Age of Ultron's weak audio presentation on Blu-ray is almost superfluous at this point; NO mix in the world should NEED to be cranked up to ridiculously high, near-reference (for those calibrated that way) levels in order to simply GET IMMERSED in it, regardless of what people are saying regarding the whole "There's NOTHING wrong here -- just CRANK IT WAY UP, problem solved!" angle. I mean, that's simply ridiculous and the notion is becoming tiresome to even discuss.

Quote:
What an absolute dud visually. And yes I agree about the opening sequence, the CGI looked just aweful, as if we were watching a clay presentation like they used to do on the pee wees playhouse show back in the 80s!!
A good visual representation comparison, if a bit crude...but yes, the CGI work was amateurish, and I simply don't know what went wrong here...I know Whedon and the rest of his visual production team were under a time crunch set forth by Disney executives during some of this work, and I believe it shows in certain places where plot lines were rushed, characters stuffed into narratives that felt "too fast" and "unexplained" and other anomalies. I hate to compare the two, but some of the elements on display in that opening raid sequence -- and one of the "way too rushed" parts I was referring to -- reminded me of John Carpenter's amateurish use of CGI in 1996's Escape From L.A., a film notorious for its cheesy special effects work.

Quote:
Here's a slightly funny story. The 1st time I seen age of ultron, was actually a purchased HDX version on vudu. My 1st vudu movie. And it looked horrible. I completely blamed vudu for how it looked. So you can imagine my shock when I put the blu ray in and it looked just as bad. Why would someone burn the vudu version onto a disc :P
Wow; interesting indeed...are you sure the Blu-ray looked JUST as bad?
post #399 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I have an oppo 103d, a Sony 7.2 avr and a samsung JS9500 with quantum dot colors, none of these could save this movie lol

Be carful about the kind of information you divulge about your setup around here...most of it gets misconstrued for being home-theater-in-a-box-esque even if it's the furthest thing from that kind of arrangement.

I am sure that your current system -- as with mine -- was more than up to the task of delivering a superior entertainment experience IF IT WAS THERE...with Age of Ultron, it was most certainly NOT.

Quote:
The next 2 installments should look amazing, being filmed entirely with imax cameras and should have hdr grading with 10 bit color. Those will be must own.

Are you referring to the next two Avengers? If so, indeed -- we already saw how amazing IMAX sequences can look via a 1080p medium with Nolan's Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, both of which boasted intertwined IMAX scenes that looked WICKEDLY sharp and clear.
post #400 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Wow; interesting indeed...are you sure the Blu-ray looked JUST as bad?

the blu ray may have been 10% better at best. but not enough to make me want to watch it again. if this movie gets remastered in 4k HDR I could definitely watch it again.
post #401 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume;39073330

Are you referring to the next two [I
Avengers?[/I] If so, indeed -- we already saw how amazing IMAX sequences can look via a 1080p medium with Nolan's Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, both of which boasted intertwined IMAX scenes that looked WICKEDLY sharp and clear.

yep, i believe they are called "infinity war". first movie filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. It should be reference quality both at the theater and at the home

The dark knight imax scenes are to die for. thats how every movie should be look as far as resolution and clarity. hopefully with 4k/HDR becoming the norm over the next few years we get our wish!

another excellent example of IMAX scenes are the intersellar imax scenes. so many movies that put age of ultron to shame. yet did significantly less $$$$ at the box office.
post #402 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
the blu ray may have been 10% better at best. but not enough to make me want to watch it again. if this movie gets remastered in 4k HDR I could definitely watch it again.

As much as I take issue with many of this film's plot holes and shortcomings, I would buy it again IF Disney, as you said, reminted it with a fresh 4K scan AND remastered audio...
post #403 of 418 Old 11-19-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
yep, i believe they are called "infinity war". first movie filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. It should be reference quality both at the theater and at the home

Yes -- they're going to be called Infinity War Part 1 and 2; some in this very thread are already beginning to worry if Whedon (if he ultimately ends up doing them, most likely) is going to screw up the whole Thanos element in them.

Quote:
The dark knight imax scenes are to die for. thats how every movie should be look as far as resolution and clarity. hopefully with 4k/HDR becoming the norm over the next few years we get our wish!

Absolutely agreed, Ray; the bank heist sequence in the opening of Dark Knight as well as the others throughout the feature (like the Lucious Fox sequence in Japan) were jaw-droppingly clear and riddled with detail...it's what Blu-ray SHOULD have been from the very start, for EVERY title IMO.

Quote:
another excellent example of IMAX scenes are the intersellar imax scenes. so many movies that put age of ultron to shame. yet did significantly less $$$$ at the box office.

Indeed; I actually didn't care for Interstellar, but I understand the IMAX sequences theatrically were breathtaking. Even though Nolan's filmmaking techniques are solid enough as to not take us too far out of the films, I didn't care for the way the aspect ratios switched back and forth in Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises; sure, when you're really wrapped up in the story, the scenes are pretty much seamless...but if you're LOOKING for the switches, it's distracting...
therealdjnugz likes this.
post #404 of 418 Old 11-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Toe

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 2284
Quote:

I assume you mean you couldn't care less?

You should take Ralph's advice which he has given you twice now in two of his review threads and grow a thicker skin. I am not slamming your gear, I am just stating the facts. Fact is AoU is giving your Polk sub ALL it can handle. My subs (3 SVS PB 13 Ultras/PSA V3600) have their limits as well since they drop like a rock after about 11-12hz in my room. All that great single digit bass in tracks like TIH, pixels, WOTW, HB2 and so on is lost on me as far as my subs go (my buttkickers get me into single digits to some degree though). That is just a fact, not a slam.

Having said that, please keep me on your ignore list as I find you to be one of the most undesirable posters in the 13 years I have been participating on AVS and I know feelings are mutual.

Enjoy your thread boys. I'm out.
Waboman likes this.

Last edited by Toe; 11-20-2015 at 05:33 AM.
post #405 of 418 Old 11-20-2015, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Nathan,
s Josh pointed out, don't bother -- the audience you're pitching to doesn't want to hear it (even though we're all right on this particular title).
No offense, but I don't really want to be counted in the battle of opinions. While I disagree with people that argue that this is an excellent track, that's only based upon my own experiences on my own systems. Toe has made his case based on his experience, you've made yours. Maybe what we can all agree on is that the biggest problem with this track is that it is divisive. It's not much, but it's something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Enjoy your thread boys. I'm out.
Sorry, Toe.
Dave Vaughn likes this.
post #406 of 418 Old 11-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Yes -- they're going to be called Infinity War Part 1 and 2; some in this very thread are already beginning to worry if Whedon (if he ultimately ends up doing them, most likely) is going to screw up the whole Thanos element in them.
Whedon is done.

"Infinity War" is being directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (arguably Marvel's best film to date) and this Spring's "Captain America: Civil War".

Based on the story, tone, and action in The Winter Soldier, I'm much more confident with the Russos doing Infinity War than I would be with Whedon after his mishandling of Ultron (an alright movie that should have been so much more). I suppose this May's Civil War will be an even better barometer of how Infinity War may turn out since while being a Cap-centric story it will feature all of the Avengers except Hulk and Thor. So we'll see how the Russos handle a large ensemble cast of heroes.

The trailer should debut in front of The Force Awakens next month!
Dave Vaughn and nathanddrews like this.

Last edited by seanbryan; 11-20-2015 at 09:37 AM.
post #407 of 418 Old 11-20-2015, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post
Whedon is done.

"Infinity War" is being directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (arguably Marvel's best film to date) and this Spring's "Captain America: Civil War".

Based on the story, tone, and action in The Winter Soldier, I'm much more confident with the Russos doing Infinity War than I would be with Whedon after his mishandling of Ultron (an alright movie that should have been so much more). I suppose this May's Civil War will be an even better barometer of how Infinity War may turn out since while being a Cap-centric story it will feature all of the Avengers except Hulk and Thor. So we'll see how the Russos handle a large ensemble cast of heroes.

+1 to this. I like Whedon's other works (not a rabid fan, but a fan), but to date the best entries into the Marvel Cinematic Universe have probably been the biggest surprises to me: Winter Soldier (Russos) and Guardians (Gunn). If Infinity War(s) ends up having the same balance of tone, action, thrills, and pacing as Winter Soldier, but on a scale greater than Avengers 1 and 2 combined, I'm sure it will be incredible.

I'm sure there is a lot of behind-the-scenes Disney corporate drama that forced Whedon's hand in a few places, so I'm hesitant to throw him under the bus entirely... He needs to go back to rebooting Firefly before the fans start killing themselves. LOL
post #408 of 418 Old 11-22-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post
No offense, but I don't really want to be counted in the battle of opinions.

Why not? What's the problem? I'm not COUNTING you in the "battle of opinions," I was merely telling you not to waste your time with certain people -- I don't know why people have to suddenly get so "soft" on matters and then begin to "back out" of a discussion, like they're "afraid" of something...it's OKAY to voice your opinion and for someone like me to AGREE with you...

Quote:
While I disagree with people that argue that this is an excellent track, that's only based upon my own experiences on my own systems. Toe has made his case based on his experience, you've made yours. Maybe what we can all agree on is that the biggest problem with this track is that it is divisive. It's not much, but it's something.

Why are you singling ME out here? Was I the ONLY one to claim the audio was poor? You're making this a me versus him issue when I said, off the cuff, don't waste YOUR time trying to convince those who don't want to be convinced that it's not a "heavenly" audio track.

Quote:
Sorry, Toe.

Oh brother...

Last edited by IntelliVolume; 11-22-2015 at 03:23 PM.
post #409 of 418 Old 11-22-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Whedon is done.

Interesting news about Whedon not going on to do the Infinity War projects; I wasn't aware of that. And I agree -- as I suspect most Marvel fans do -- that The Winter Soldier is one of the best (I personally wouldn't, I don't THINK, call it THE best but it's damn close) films to come out of the stable thus far; the grounded, real-world feel....the well-choreographed (if a bit choppy) fight sequences between Steve and Bucky...the injection of cool elements like Steve visiting the Smithsonian...it all added up to a good, solid comic book adaptation.

I also agree about Whedon mishandling Age of Ultron, as we have been discussing almost ad nauseum.
post #410 of 418 Old 11-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Interesting news about Whedon not going on to do the Infinity War projects; I wasn't aware of that.
Whedon seemed overly stressed through the production of AoU. He loves the genre and brought some good things to it, but I think he just got overwhelmed and got a bit off track from what is needed to pull off a top notch film. Being the writer and director on such a huge project is definitely a tall order.

The Russos are also taking on two HUGE projects with Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War (parts 1 & 2), but it will hopefully be a bit easier being a directing team instead of just one guy. Plus they don't have to also function as writers since they have a good writing team of Markus and McFeely (who wrote Captain America: The First Avenger, CA: The Winter Soldier, and CA: Civil War).

The Russos start filming Infinity War Parts 1 & 2 back to back over a planned 9 month shoot starting late next year. I was happy to hear Kevin Feige state that their plan is for both Infinity War movies to be two distinct films that are connected rather than one large film that is simply split in two.

Here are two links regarding the Russos helming Infinity War and the new camera being used.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24399/...nity_war_event

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24583/...digital_camera
post #411 of 418 Old 11-22-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Whedon seemed overly stressed through the production of AoU. He loves the genre and brought some good things to it, but I think he just got overwhelmed and got a bit off track from what is needed to pull off a top notch film. Being the writer and director on such a huge project is definitely a tall order.

I've been talking about Whedon's "stress" and exhaustion with regard to the Age of Ultron project all throughout this thread; I'm aware of what he went though and he made it clear that he needed to take some time off after making this last Avengers, and that it was possible that he wouldn't return for another. With all the pressure from the massive fan base to get the highlights right, the preliminary reactions at the Comic Con press junkets, the challenge to follow up a genre-changing film like the first Avengers and Disney's proverbial time frame/budget boot on his neck, I can only imagine what he was going through...

Still, I think it's best for someone else to step in at this point, and the Russos make sense, as we've been discussing, based on their handling of the Captain America material.
post #412 of 418 Old 11-23-2015, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Don't forget that Whedon was forced to squeeze in a bunch of set up for all the Phase 3 movies in AOU. That didn't exactly help with making a coherent story.
post #413 of 418 Old 11-23-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
Don't forget that Whedon was forced to squeeze in a bunch of set up for all the Phase 3 movies in AOU. That didn't exactly help with making a coherent story.

Good point, Tompa.
post #414 of 418 Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

I thought we'd have to wait until Star Wars to see this, but Christmas come early!

post #415 of 418 Old 11-25-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I thought we'd have to wait until Star Wars to see this, but Christmas come early!
AOU cast + Russo bros. directing =
seanbryan likes this.
post #416 of 418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:

http://youtu.be/uVdV-lxRPFo
We're discussing this in a dedicated thread over in the Films/Music etc. section.
post #417 of 418 Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 50
After watching Pacific Rim in Bluray 3D, everything else looks disappointing
post #418 of 418 Old 11-26-2015, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky3RD View Post
After watching Pacific Rim in Bluray 3D, everything else looks disappointing
Yep, saw PR in 2D. The visual and sound was one of the best I've seen.

And Avengers audio was mediocre.
Dave Vaughn likes this.

Panasonic AE-8000, Carada BW 120", Paradigm Studio 40v3 x 2, Paradigm 690v4, Paradigm ADP 470v3 (rears), Micca M-8C x 4, Volt 6 x 2 (SR), SI DS4-18 in 12cuft X 2, Marantz 7702MKII, OPPO 103D, Emotiva XPA-3,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page