AVS Forum banner

Batman vs Superman bluray

3K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  LexInVA 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the the bluray of Batman vs Superman is going to have Dolby atmos?

#4 ·
Now if they could just edit in Christian Bale for Ben Affleck?!

Reactions: whatever_gong82
#7 ·
Everyone unanimously says it helps.

#11 ·
Was the movie that bad? My teenage kids said it was. And yes they commented that the musical score was ridiculously dramatic.

#19 ·
Just a warning for anyone who has been buying the 4K combo packs in preparation to making the jump to 4K, the included Blu Ray is NOT the Ultimate Edition. I have no clue why WB did this and am disappointed to say the least. But hopefully this may keep someone from mistakenly buying it thinking WB was sane.

#22 ·
Bought the 3D version. Disappointed that version isn't the Ultimate Edition (though they have the 2D Ultimate Edition), but I think I could understand possibly one of two reasons for that:

1) Given some post-conversion stuff, they probably never dealt with the extra scenes for the theatrical release.

2) A three hour film might require two discs, like Titanic did. Avatar didn't, though... so I'm not too sure about this one.

#25 ·
Should i buy 2d Ultimate Best Buy edition w/30 mins extended or the 3d Ultimate Edition without the 30 mins? Ugh what a choice.. i ahvent seen the film yet.. but i would like to own it and enjoy it.. i love 3d movies but i hear the extra footage is worth it? What do you guys think?:cool:

#26 ·
Never mind, sorry guys i had a long day at work today.. my brain farted lol.... I will buy the Ultimate 3D Edtion becuase it includes the seperate Ultimate Extended Cut Blu-Ray as well so the only thing I am missing is the steelbook,, which is cool, but in this case i think this is the better deal for the same price... :) 29.99

#27 ·
^ Correct, the 3D version includes the 2D Ultimate Edition... just the 3D version is not that one, which really is a shame.

To answer a question earlier that was being asked, the 2D Ultimate Edition is a constant 2.40:1 AR.

#30 ·
Mine did. I first tried to redeem my code directly through VUDU like I always do. Said invalid code, so I went through UV. I was only given a choice of Flixter with this one. It redeemed to flixter and then migrated to my VUDU account also. I have both the theatrical and extended cut in UHD now in VUDU.

S~

#31 ·
That really does suck. I bought the 4K as I have been doing to future proof myself and I just realized the standard bluray included is not the Ultimate extended edition. Well it's off to Target to buy the 1080P ultimate cut.:(

#37 ·
I rented the theatrical version a couple of nights ago and surprisingly liked it. I was not expecting much based on the poor reviews. I ended up buying it for the Ultimate Edition as most say is a better movie yet...I plan on watching it soon. I was going to buy the UHD BD for future proofing since it's only five bucks more until I learned it doesn't contain the Ultimate Edition on BD.

#39 ·
Watched the UHD uncut today.

Atmos track is a home run.

Movie was one I hated in theaters. Hated. The uncut was much more fluid and cohesive. It left me saying "it was ok, and I look forward to what's next" rather than "W. the actual. F!?"

The picture was great. Can't speak to the BD but the UHD looked really good for such a stylized film.

Reactions: RxpSGR
#40 ·
I watched the three hour version today and I enjoyed it, but I didn't follow a couple of things. What made Batman stop taking it to Superman.....something about both Mothers named Martha (I think)? Did the split second of rising dirt mean Superman is coming back to life magically, and if so, why is he waiting to be planted in the ground to do so? And is Wonder Woman in this thing for any other reason than to springboard into the Justice League of America spinoffs?

Other than that, I liked it.:wink:

#41 ·
I watched the three hour version today and I enjoyed it, but I didn't follow a couple of things. What made Batman stop taking it to Superman.....something about both Mothers named Martha (I think)?
Bats didn't spare Supes because his mother has the same name as his, but he hesitated because he wondered why he said Martha in the first place. When Lois said it was his mother's name, Batman didn't see a reckless threat, but as someone who was helpless and worried about his mom’s well-being. Obviously, Bruce can relate to this.

Still weird that he was shouting "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA!" instead of "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MY MOTHER!" Would have worked out just as fine and not feel as contrived.

Funny how I never connected the fact that their mothers had the same first name though, even though I've said them both numerous times (though obviously never in the same sentence).

#42 ·
Though it was a bore.... Atmos track was good but not great! Bass lacked much of the authority I expected in such a blockbuster.

Too much divided time between the Superman story and the Batman Story. I much prefer the individual Superman man and Batman movies...

Story never got too deep as it was the same old formulaic kill the non-descript monster ending so many super heroes movies default to... Always better when it comes down to the hero and the master villain than some blob just to show off CGI and sound. Dumb.

#44 ·
Ha! Good to know.. I was underwhelmed by the Atmos track, bass, overhead effects, etc.... And I really liked Man of Steel!

#50 ·
I was referring to the UHD. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

The UHD Man of Steel Atmos track is Amazeballs. To me, more active and full as compared to BvS.

For reference, I am using a 7.1.4 setup.

Reactions: Scarriere
#52 ·
so what's the consensus, especially if you have a 4kTV with HDR and 3D (such as my LG uh8500 model), to go for the 3d edition or the UHD edition?
from what everyone has listed, the 3d edition is NOT the uncut (only 2k disc) while the UHD edition is uncut (while 2k BD disc is not uncut)

#53 ·
This is correct. I own the 3D version, and it contains:

3D - Cut
2D - Uncut
2D - Cut
Digital copy (don't know if cut or uncut)

I don't own the 4K version, but I believe it has:

4K - Uncut
2D - Cut
Digital copy (don't know if cut or uncut)

Kind of sucks. I guess it's just a matter of "Do you have a 4K set or not?" If you don't, I just might recommend you getting the 2D uncut version. I kind of have buyer's remorse getting the 3D version, because I hate the theatrical cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.