Blu-Ray Custom Cover Art (huge files) - Page 197 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes
post #5881 of 5898 Old 01-14-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
No I haven't gotten around to it either
I don't think there are any floating around.
Maybe there's one on www.customaniacs.org by now
Oops sorry kishiro, somehow I thought G4DDS was asking me...and I'm still sober!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5898 Old 01-15-2015, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A flawed film, but I still love.
post #5883 of 5898 Old 01-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberluke View Post
A flawed film, but I still love.
Beautiful and elegant. I recently bought the German Blu, but I really miss the extended version from my old Laserdisc.
post #5884 of 5898 Old 01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Die Hard Collection custom Blu-ray covers by Nissen

Here is a recently commissioned set of separate Blu-ray covers for the Die Hard collection.

With a set like this the main challenge is to unify the artwork, where two decades separate the style of the theatrical posters. For that reason I went with the colourful international version of Die Hard 1 instead of the monochromatic U.S. poster. At the client's request the title treatments were homogenized to bring the very cohesion he and I were after. Actually, the hardest part of this particular job was finding a favourable critic's quote for the fifth film. In the end I cheated and cut of Richard Roeper in mid-sentence to slant it. I should have been in advertising!!

The client also asked that all specifics regarding extras and specs be omitted to make the covers compatible with all past and future releases.
It becomes a bit sticky with the "unrated" Live Free or Die Hard, as that cover mentions the PG-13 rating specifically. Also, the fifth cover mentions both the theatrical and extended version ratings, but only the theatrical runtime is listed. I'm usually a stickler for these things but I've reached Die Hard Burnout :-)

The client has asked me to share the set with all interested parties, so feel free to PM me for download links.

post #5885 of 5898 Old 01-18-2015, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
A lot of great covers here.

Just recently I dived into the whole alternative / custom cover mode, because some of my blu-ray covers are just too ugly to look at, and now I have a very good printer and photopaper, I want to have some of these.
In my search I came upon the forum here, and saw some of the designs which I think are really great, in the way that it incorporates the original artwork of the movies.

Do you creative artist have a seperate page or site with a list with titles and thumbnails?
How do I get these? Nissen, I like your work a lot! It's just great.
post #5886 of 5898 Old 01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisopas View Post
A lot of great covers here.

Just recently I dived into the whole alternative / custom cover mode, because some of my blu-ray covers are just too ugly to look at, and now I have a very good printer and photopaper, I want to have some of these.
In my search I came upon the forum here, and saw some of the designs which I think are really great, in the way that it incorporates the original artwork of the movies.

Do you creative artist have a seperate page or site with a list with titles and thumbnails?
How do I get these? Nissen, I like your work a lot! It's just great.
Speaking for myself, I have no one place where all my work is gathered. Look through this thread and you'll find most of what I am free to share. If I say to PM me for copies then just drop me a note through the personal message system and I'll get back to you.

Last edited by Nissen; 01-19-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Typo
post #5887 of 5898 Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Just now completed the Robocop Trilogy Blu-ray covers inspired by the old Orion Home Video releases.

PM me for copies.

post #5888 of 5898 Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hitchcock Blu ray covers

These Hitchcock covers are great! I often find the official covers to be kind of cheesy.
post #5889 of 5898 Old 01-25-2015, 05:02 PM

King Kong

Nissen,

I love the retro King Kong cover.

Freddy
post #5890 of 5898 Old 01-25-2015, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sorry everybody, but I'm new to this. When I obtain the file..do I just throw it own a thumb drive and print it out at Kinkos?

If thats the case, am I able to adjust the size of the image to fit a clear blu-ray Criterion case over the generic blu-ray cases?

These covers are absolutely incredible.
post #5891 of 5898 Old 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Predator & Predator 2 custom Blu-ray covers by Nissen

I just finished a custom Blu-ray cover for Predator, and made some modifications to an old Predator 2 cover to match.
The set is available via PM.

post #5892 of 5898 Old 01-28-2015, 07:20 AM

Liked: 12
Ok, I know it was never released in blu-ray, but who knows ...
post #5893 of 5898 Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberluke View Post
Ok, I know it was never released in blu-ray, but who knows ...
Beautiful. And a Blu release has been announced for Germany this year. Excellent timing.
post #5894 of 5898 Old 01-28-2015, 07:21 PM

Nissen's Covers

Hi Nissen,

I really like your covers. The design of them is really classy. I was wondering what software you use to create them.

Thanks,
Freddy
post #5895 of 5898 Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 PM

Resources for creating custom covers.

Hey everybody,

Can any of you point me in the direction of tutorials on how to create blu ray covers?

Thanks,

Freddy
post #5896 of 5898 Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissen View Post
Hitchcock update:

Dial M for Murder. In 3D!!!!
Hey Nissen,

Love this cover! I've never been much of a message board user, so I'm just kind of figuring this out. I just figured that I can do quotes, and this cover seemed like the perfect subject for my maiden quote.

Thanks,
Freddy

P.S. Once I get enough posts under my belt to send a PM, I will be shaking you down for some of these Hitchcock covers.
post #5897 of 5898 Unread Today, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy D Gompf III View Post
Hi Nissen,

I really like your covers. The design of them is really classy. I was wondering what software you use to create them.

Thanks,
Freddy
Hi Fred.

I use MagicCoverDesigner 3.0. Neat program. One-click simplicity. You just enter the title of the film you want to create a cover for, press "Generate", then it scours the 'net for high-rez images and posters, picks the coolest poster, merges several images if need be to extract the highest possible quality, paints out creases and age-related wear from old posters, auto-translates foreign type into English if applicable, picks and downloads and installs genre-appropriate/period-appropriate fonts, copies and merges several synopsis' from IMDB or DVDempire, auto-generates never-before-seen layouts for the back (also genre/period-appropriate), picks stills that are spoiler free (on a scale from 1-6 which you specify when prompted) again searches the entire Internet for the best resolution and clarity images (even auto-downloads images from services such as MoviePictureDatabase and charges my PayPal), searches databases for audio/video specs for that specific title and enters them in thoughtful easy-to-read arrangement, enters title-specific/studio-specific legal text, does impeccable spell-checking on everything (never once failed so far), and saves master files and compressed downloadable files to your harddrive (with backups on an external drive).

If you update to version 4.5 the program also makes auto-generated 3D previews that are automatically uploaded to your ImageShack account, then makes a post bragging about your new creation on several forums (memberships come separately), and answers all PM requests each saturday morning from 9 to 11 (configurable).

Nothing to it, really :-)

Did I mention it's freeware?
post #5898 of 5898 Unread Today, 07:23 PM

Wow!

Hey Nissen,

Holy Smokes! That sounds almost to good to be true! I'm going to look into that.

Thanks,
Freddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page