AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Blu-ray Software (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/)
-   -   "The Natural" and "Identity" - 4/3/07 (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/795260-natural-identity-4-3-07-a.html)

RBurgundy 01-26-2007 05:14 PM

The Natural is hands down one of my favorite baseball movies. Sorry if this was posted before, but it is that I'm really excited about this release.

The Natural - SonyStyle.com
Identity - SonyStyle.com

Has anyone seen Identity? Any good?
Thanks.

---
Also up on Amazon.com for pre-order.
The Natural
Identity

eXstasie 01-26-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post

The Natural is hands down one of my favorite baseball movie. Sorry if this was posted before, but it is that I'm really excited about this release.

The Natural - SonyStyle.com
Identity

Has anyone seen Identity? Any good?
Thanks.

I saw Identity when it was first released. Don't remember much about it. IMO opinion it wasn't anything special...i think the ending was a bit messed up...but can't remember.

MSpeed6 01-26-2007 05:23 PM

Identity was a great movie, went in with a low expectation but ended up being very good.

Schlotkins 01-26-2007 05:36 PM

Ray wished me best of luck on my wedding day so I have to get Identity!

rboster 01-26-2007 05:46 PM

A quick search turned up existing threads on these titles:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=natural

TheCrackedJack 01-26-2007 05:46 PM

I have Identity on DVD and it's a good movie. But not good enough to rebuy ever again.

Vipper IV 01-26-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXstasie View Post

I saw Identity when it was first released. Don't remember much about it. IMO opinion it wasn't anything special...i think the ending was a bit messed up...but can't remember.

The ending really sucked, and damn near ruined what had been a pretty good flick up to that point.

chartwel 01-26-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipper IV View Post

The ending really sucked, and damn near ruined what had been a pretty good flick up to that point.

thats the problem with twist endings....some people like them, some dont. i liked the ending to identity.

dildatonr 01-26-2007 06:54 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I'll buy it.

wired1 01-26-2007 09:13 PM

71 Attachment(s)
Identity is a remake of 10 Little Indians by Agatha Christie, but with a twist. It was O.K.

DigitalfreakNYC 01-26-2007 09:23 PM

Identity was a good murder/thriller.

It was 90 minutes though (possibly less). Wonder what Sony's excuse is going to be for not fitting all the extras on there this time.

davyo 01-27-2007 03:03 AM

I have played Identity (SD DVD) over a dozen times for friends coming over for movie nights at my house and every one of them has loved the movie.
A great great movie (in my opinion).

Im supprised at the lukewarm remarks about this movie that have been posted so far.

And not to be forgot, Amanda Peet is in this movie and she is eye candy deluxe !!!

Davyo

firefighter81 01-27-2007 05:06 AM

I'll absolutely pick up Identity, I loved the movie, and loved the ending. The movie had me guessing the whole time, and then it's like, BAM! YOU'RE WRONG!

I can't wait to see and hear it in HD.

Vipper IV 01-27-2007 05:17 AM

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Except, why did it have to be the freakin' kid? That was one of those "extra" twists tossed in there, just to make it seem more surprising, and that's where my problem with the ending lies. They could just have easily chosen someone else.

dpags 01-27-2007 07:27 AM

I loved Identity, if not only for a scene involving a baseball bat. Anyway, John Cusack, can do almost no wrong. I did not recognize Rebecca DeMornay at all.

Jonathan Hickey 01-27-2007 07:29 AM

I'll be picking up both of these.

DigitalfreakNYC 03-15-2007 08:42 AM

For those interested in Identity, it looks like the overseas version will come with the writer commentary that was only available in other regions (never R1).