Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #121 of 143 Old 02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 74
BTW. It's ad, not add. One "d" If you spent as much time and effort into your job, as you do trying to figure out ways to scam the retailers...you'd probably be President of the company by now. Give it a rest and focus on making money, instead of scaming money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 143 Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BB sucks IMO!

This is the second time that my local BB did not have all the movies in stock on the first day of the sale. The first time they had zero of them. This time they had 3 of them but not the 2 I really wanted. I know I can get them online but that doesn't come with the instant gratification of buying in-store getting home and popping a movie in the player.

They also had a lot more HD DVD titles in stock than Blu-rays judging by the numbers of discs with their spines facing out. And the Blu-ray discs they had were more expensive than just about everywhere else.
post #123 of 143 Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nharmon91 View Post

I 2nd that, WTF. Did he get shitted on by his boss or something.

Please get your language under control. Thanks.
post #124 of 143 Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post

If thats the case then I don't know if I'll even classify Bush in human category. He is not even half the man Clinton was

Back to the topic.......I went to Bestbuy and tried to get three different movies. Three for the circular and three others but the chashier hesitated to do it...and called a manager...after arguing with him for couple of minutes, I just left without getting anything

Clint definitely at least twice the man since during his term the stock market inflated to umpalumpa levels and all manufacturing left to China along with some some nice space launch vehicles.

Back to the topic....I went to Best Buy and I picked out a couple of movies clearly pictured on the ad one being The Fifth Element which is clearly better than the superbit but not quite up to par with current titles like Crank.
post #125 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyC View Post

BB sucks IMO!

This is the second time that my local BB did not have all the movies in stock on the first day of the sale. The first time they had zero of them. This time they had 3 of them but not the 2 I really wanted. I know I can get them online but that doesn't come with the instant gratification of buying in-store getting home and popping a movie in the player.

You can always check with them before you go and reserve your BDs. Or you can order online for store pickup.

fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
post #126 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Online pickup works pretty well with sales like these and new release titles that they don't get on the shelves right away.
post #127 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 11:24 AM

For those who are getting one BR and buying another outside what the ad shows is soo wrong. BB cashiers are retarded. It cleary says on the ad and on fine print. "Buy 1 of these BluRay discs and get 1 free" "Second item must be of equal or lesser value"
post #128 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusive1 View Post

It cleary says on the ad and on fine print. "Buy 1 of these BluRay discs and get 1 free" "Second item must be of equal or lesser value"

But...like ajamils said, nowhere does that technically state the you must get the "free" BluRay disc from the listed 6 titles. It implies that you can get one free BluRay disc for free, they should have worded it differently.
post #129 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
AVS Forum does not take to kindly on posts about how to cheat stores by returning movies and using gift receipts for example. Please be so kind not to make sure posts on this site in the future. Not only does it make this site less attractive, but you as well for pulling what comes off as a scam IMHO.

Thank you.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

post #130 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhender View Post

How is Underworld:Evolution? Anyone?

kate beckinsale
post #131 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhender View Post

How is Underworld:Evolution? Anyone?

ok, more seriously, kate beckinsale.
ok, but yeah, i didn't think it was too bad (certainly better than tomb raider imo), but it does seems to strike peope differently, some of my friends really liked it, some thought it sucked.

only had time to watch a couple minutes on blu-ray so far, looks like PQ should be good enough, if maybe not quite a King Kong or Scorpion King.
post #132 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

you only mentioned Kate Beckinsale twice, she deserves at least 10.
post #133 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusive1 View Post

For those who are getting one BR and buying another outside what the ad shows is soo wrong. BB cashiers are retarded. It cleary says on the ad and on fine print. "Buy 1 of these BluRay discs and get 1 free" "Second item must be of equal or lesser value"

Would be a nice deal. Most of these movies suck.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, no matter how lovely the ear is.

Xbox Live gamertag: majestc12
post #134 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM

I think some of those on this thread that are so quick to judge others are missing the point. Unless you work for Sony or Best Buy, how do you truly know what the intent of the ad is? Do you know 100% for a fact that the deal was intended to only include a free choice from one of the other 2 movies listed at that price? If so, why not make the rules clear? The wording is extremely ambiguous. They very easily could have made it more clear if their intent was indeed to limit it to the movies shown.

As far as the people who are truly scamming with the gift receipts and what not, well that's like returning fruit that you didn't eat 2 weeks later to Costco. Will they take it back? You bet (I've seen people do it). Does it make it right? I personally don't think so and wouldn't do it.

In summary, those of us that chose one of the movies pictured and also picked up a free movie at equal or lesser value that was not pictured have clearly stayed within the exact guidelines setout by the ad itsef as it is worded. People make an excellent living making a case for how to interpret unclearly worded material. They're called attorneys (and no, I am not one).
post #135 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUserName22 View Post

I think some of those on this thread that are so quick to judge others are missing the point. Unless you work for Sony or Best Buy, how do you truly know what the intent of the ad is? Do you know 100% for a fact that the deal was intended to only include a free choice from one of the other 2 movies listed at that price? If so, why not make the rules clear? The wording is extremely ambiguous. They very easily could have made it more clear if their intent was indeed to limit it to the movies shown.

"Buy 1 of these Blu-ray Discs and get 1 free." The implication is "Buy 1 of these Blu-ray Discs and get 1 of these Blu-ray Discs free."

The wording on the order page on bestbuy.com is very clear:

Quote:

Buy 1, get 1 free!

Choose two Blu-ray Discs from a select list and get the lower-priced one for free.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at112900050001
post #136 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM

You've proven my point exactly. If it was so easy to make the wording that precise on-line, then why not do the same in the circular if the intent was the same for both? Are you 100% sure that the intent was the same for both (the on-line deal and the in-store deal)? How can you be 100% sure?
post #137 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You've proven my point exactly. If it was so easy to make the wording that precise on-line, then why not do the same in the circular if the intent was the same for both? Are you 100% sure that the intent was the same for both (the on-line deal and the in-store deal)? How can you be 100% sure?

What purpose does it serve to continue the discussion? Do what you want to do and move on. You aren't auditioning for the debate team.
post #138 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM

You haven't seen all of the posts that have been deleted on this thread (many rightfully so by the moderator) where those of us that enjoyed this offer had our integrity called into question.

So to answer your question as to why I'm still posting a defense:

1) Because I'm right and no post yet has been able to prove otherwise.
2) To defend my honor, the honor of the others that enjoyed the offer and to counter unfounded allegations made by many.

My replies this evening have been germane, concise, factual and polite. Are you being forced to read them? I thought not...
post #139 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

You haven't seen all of the posts that have been deleted on this thread (many rightfully so by the moderator) where those of us that enjoyed this offer had our integrity called into question.

So to answer your question as to why I'm still posting a defense:

1) Because I'm right and no post yet has been able to prove otherwise.
2) To defend my honor, the honor of the others that enjoyed the offer and to counter unfounded allegations made by many.

My replies this evening have been germane, concise, factual and polite. Are you being forced to read them? I thought not...

good job. All the people that are talking bad about you or others (including me) for taking advantage of this deal are only complaining because they didn't get a chance to make the best of it, otherwise they wouldn't be complaining

[color=Blue]
psn id: hunter4life
Live Gamertag: huntre4life (notice "re" not "er" in hunter)
post #140 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have absolutely no qualms with anyone trying to get a different disc and am not questioning anyone's integrity, but even you NoUserName22 know the true intent of the sale.

1) If you put them in your cart online, it will only work with two titles from the selected list.
2) To believe that they are running a buy one from this list get one from this list free on bestbuy online and a buy one from THE SAME LIST and get any one free in-store is nothing short of naive. You, I, and everyone out there know 100% this is not the intent, but that doesn't even matter because up next we have...
3) The IN-STORE computer does not put the discout in unless both movies are from the list.
4) This is a Sony Pictures promotion, not a Best Buy promotion. Sony is eating the cost on this, not Best Buy. All of the movies in the offer are from Sony Pictures. They are not going to pay for you to get other studio's movies for free.

You can get down and dirty into all the technicalities and workarounds you want but we all know what the true intention of the offer is and you're only lying to yourself to make yourself feel better.

"Technically" a speed limit sign doesn't say "miles per hour" on it, but you know that if you go 100 in a 45 you can't honestly say to yourself "oh I thought it was 45 parsecs per hour so I don't really feel bad about it".

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

post #141 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post

good job. All the people that are talking bad about you or others (including me) for taking advantage of this deal are only complaining because they didn't get a chance to make the best of it, otherwise they wouldn't be complaining

ONE OF THE OWNERS of the site deleted your posts. If you have a problem with that, maybe you should complain to him
post #142 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Interesting information. I knew nothing about the on-line offer until it was mentioned here and still have yet to even look at it. Why? Because I've found that the BB on-line pricing can often be higher than the in-store pricing, so I never go there.

I still counter that anyone can accurately infer with 100% certainty the intent of the circular ad. Even if the intent is different, we've done nothing wrong simply because we've benefitted from their poor word choice. Have you ever heard the phrase "The customer is always right?" In this case, because of their wording, we are.

Now, that information about Sony potentially having to eat any cost differential gives me HAPPY PANTS! I'll have to get A LOT of free discs to make up for the fact that I was an early adopter of their SXRD technology.
post #143 of 143 Old 02-08-2007, 06:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Time to say goodnight,
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page