post #331 of 2482 Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooyork26 View Post

noone knows how to just demux an audio track and have it back to orginal m2ts? there must be a way even if its little complicated and could be shown id do it please anyone

Tmpgenc (tsunami) can demux transport streams from a tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 2482 Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok heres what im trying to do i got GI jane here and its like 1.6 gig over so im just trying to figure out what i can strip out to make it fit. i wanna keep menus etc all intact i dunno how hard that would be but if theres a guide i could follow or something... and the best software to accomplish it id be very happy for input cause ive never done it but done plenty of cce projects etc... so this is a new ball game for me any help in guides and exact names of apps would be great thanx
post #333 of 2482 Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think that you will find help in copying pressed movies on this forum.

In other news, I got a chance to mess with the DVDit Patch and can confirm success.

I found all clips that work previously still worked.

I have yet to try a test where I took an HDLite stream (1280x0180i), patched it to 1920, authored it and repatched back to 1280x1080i.

The disc plays on my Panasonic player but I have yet to see what the PS3 does with it.

With respect to preparing video for DVDit, I think that VideoRedo is the best option.

For shows like The Office, I have found that you need to insert I frames to make the video compliant and VideoRedo is the only app I know of that can do this.

I can probably write a short 'howto prep video with VideoRedo' if there is interest.
post #334 of 2482 Old 04-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloyd View Post

In other news, I got a chance to mess with the DVDit Patch and can confirm success.

I found all clips that work previously still worked.

Unfortunately the same thing can't be said for the new Samsung BDP 1200 - I took my new PS3 playable project out to Circuit City and it will not play in that player. The same disc will play in the Pioneer, Panasonic, Sony BDPS-1(with firmware upgrade), PS3. Looks like there are different parameters applied by each manufacturer as new players come out.
post #335 of 2482 Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

ok i watched the film and theres so many previews i can deal without is there anyway to cut them and bypass right to the film i know dvds can do it and i also know this is alot diff but im wondering if i can cut some of these and keep the everything else intact??? any ideas please help
post #336 of 2482 Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotkins View Post

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more of transport stream files from a PC HD tuner card. Pretty much all I want to do is to be able to play The Office on my PS3. Is that something that requires DVDitPro HD for or is there a simple (and cheaper) way to accomplish that?

Thanks again for your help,
Chris

I think (not sure) is PowerProducer or even MovieFactory (latest version) might work but they only produce \\BDAV.
post #337 of 2482 Old 04-16-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooyork26 View Post

ok heres what im trying to do i got GI jane here and its like 1.6 gig over so im just trying to figure out what i can strip out to make it fit. i wanna keep menus etc all intact i dunno how hard that would be but if theres a guide i could follow or something... and the best software to accomplish it id be very happy for input cause ive never done it but done plenty of cce projects etc... so this is a new ball game for me any help in guides and exact names of apps would be great thanx

As you just mentioned "its a new ball game" so your leading the way on this one. It will definitely take some work on your part because the tools are not as available for HD compared to DVD so do some more research and try different apps...
post #338 of 2482 Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I saw Adobe Encore CS3 at NAB and the interesting thing is that they demonstrated HDV sourced material out through the Adobe chain and playing on a PS3 so that looks like it will work too.

On the downside it seems that will be out late July time frame .. so not a solution any time soon.

It seems that DVDit Pro HD is the cheapest way to get BDMV right now. Teamed up with Video Redo you can certainly put The Office onto BD discs.

Also of interest (perhaps) is I saw in the LV Sony store some Sony BDR50 discs - not sure I have seen them before.

At NAB I was told that Panasonic also make printable media.

I spoke with some people at the Maxell booth who said that printable media is very difficult to make so that might explain the delays and high cost involved with printable media.

I also saw a La Cie external burner as well as a number of 'BD replicator towers'. All lots of fun.
post #339 of 2482 Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I'll have to check tonight, but Adobe has a CS3 Beta for both Premiere and After Effects if you have your previous serial number. Encore DVD is supposed to be part of Premiere, so if you have a previous version, you may be able to test this out now. I will try to dig up my serial tonight.
Dug
post #340 of 2482 Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bester View Post

I'll have to check tonight, but Adobe has a CS3 Beta for both Premiere and After Effects if you have your previous serial number. Encore DVD is supposed to be part of Premiere, so if you have a previous version, you may be able to test this out now. I will try to dig up my serial tonight.
Dug

I believe if you look on the Premiere website they mention that Encore is not part of the preview package?
post #341 of 2482 Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

I believe if you look on the Premiere website they mention that Encore is not part of the preview package?

Sorry about that. I went to download at work the other day and noticed the other thing OnLocation(iirc) wasn't part of the Mac download, turned out neither was G5 support.
I didn't see the exclusion of encore.
post #342 of 2482 Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Can DVDit Pro HD be used for non linear editing? If so, I can't find the editing tools..am I missing it?

Alternatively, I can capture HDV from my SONY HDV camcorder into Premiere Pro 2.0, which saves the file as an mpeg-2, but if you "work" on it in Premiere 2.0, you can only export the movie back out as an avi. I downloaded Premiere CS3 beta, which seems to have the HD features disabled. It won't recognize the mpeg-2 capture files from Premiere Pro 2.0, and won't allow me to capture into it from my camcorder.

So, any suggestions on NLE software that allows output that can be used in DVDit Pro HD. I have a SONY Blu-Ray DVD burner, so the goal is to burn an edited movie to a BD-RE disk in blu-ray format.

Thanks
post #343 of 2482 Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

If all you are doing is cutting, VideoRedo can do that sort of thing.

I would not recommend it for lots of cuts, but it is certainly one of the best for working in the transport stream domain without recoding except where necessary.

I don't really know what else to recommend for editing in the transport stream domain - perhaps someone else knows of something?
post #344 of 2482 Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:

If all you are doing is cutting, VideoRedo can do that sort of thing.

I would not recommend it for lots of cuts, but it is certainly one of the best for working in the transport stream domain without recoding except where necessary.

I don't really know what else to recommend for editing in the transport stream domain - perhaps someone else knows of something?

I think Vegas, Edius, and Premeire can handle the transport streams. Vegas is the cheapest of the bunch...

DVDit doesn't do editing just authoring...
post #345 of 2482 Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried the HDLite authored disc in the PS3 and it played ok.

The only issue was the aspect ratio, which was wrong.

That said, I tend to believe that in this case the HDMI is carrying 1280x1080 and perhaps the scaler in the display is not doing the right thing with the data.

So for now I am tempted to say that the HDLite performance may be more dependent on your display/scaler than the player, especially with more recent fixel pixel displays.
post #346 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have exactly the same goal, i.e. to burn my own Blu-ray high definition movies using authoring software and an external Blu-ray disk burner. I have a Sony BDP-S1 with the latest firmware (1.5). I am considering buying an external Blu-ray burner and authoring software, but before I spend well over $1,000 to do so, I would like to know if anyone has successfully burned their own Blu-ray BD-RE disk from edited HDV footage and gotten that disk to paly back correctly on a Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray player? If so, what authoring software and what Blu-ray burner did you use?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Tom
post #347 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Tom, DVDit Pro HD will do that for you with HD menus, HD timelines, HD slideshows, multiple audio tracks, subtitle tracks and more. You can get a bundle with a Pioneer burner at Videoguys for $995 or, if you have any old Sonic or Roxio apps (DVDit, creator, myDVD, record now), the "upgrade" price for that bundle is $869.

http://www.videoguys.com/dvditprohd.html
post #348 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Be aware that some burners (I believe the Pioneer is one) do not burn BD50 discs.

The Sony, Panasonic and Plextor drives (and other Panasonic OEMs) will burn the DL discs just fine.

While DVDit does not support DL BD either, be aware what the expensive hardware you are buying in to could be limited to
post #349 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 12:55 PM

SS Scott and Phloyd,

Thanks for responding. I am looking into this carefully before I jump. I appreciate your help.

Tom
post #350 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWheeler View Post

I have a Sony BDP-S1 with the latest firmware (1.5).
Tom

Tom- be sure that you have the latest firmware 1.55. There is a firmware 1.5 but the 1.55 made the player capable of playing projects authored in DVDitProHD. I tried 1.5 and it will would not play the project only 1.55.

Here is the link to the download: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...=2559&os_id=99

So far DVDitProHD is the only ballgame (if you want professional looking menus etc.) for now unless you want to spend 35-50K for Scenarist or Sony Blu Print.
post #351 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM

planetweckesser,

That is very valuable information. Thanks for letting me know. I believe that I have version 1.55 firmware on my Sony BDP-S1 but I shall certianly check and download the update and install it if I do not.

Tom
post #352 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 03:11 PM

Tom:
Yes, it does work! I downloaded a trial of Vegas (SONY), captured video from my HDV camcorder, which saves as an mpeg-2 having an extension of .m2t . I was able to do NLE in Vegas, render and save the file as an mpeg-2, again having a file extension of .m2t . To import the video into DVDit Pro HD, I found that I needed to change the file extension to .mpeg . The file imported fine, I created a menu and some buttons and was able to burn a BD-RE disk (SONY BWU-100A burner)which played fine on my Panasonic BD-10 blu-ray player. I did have to erase the disk before burning to get it to work; the SONY burner comes with Power2Go, which has a quick erase utility.

Hope this helps.

Arnie
post #353 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Very cool, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum (Vegas' less expensive sibling) also works the same way.
post #354 of 2482 Old 04-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Are there any Mac users looking at BD-burning? With both internal and external drives on the market, but pretty rudimentary support, I'm curious what people have tried.
post #355 of 2482 Old 04-21-2007, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I am not aware of Mac tools currently but the Adobe CS3 tool set is expected to release on Mac (a first for Premiere and Encore I believe).
post #356 of 2482 Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Arneim

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences with DVDitPro HD. This sounds encouraging and I am looking closely at both the DVDit Pro HD software and the external Lacie Blu-ray burner which has just come out. I want an external Blu-ray burner becuase I have several computers that I would like to use it on. I am interested both in archiving my own home movie productions as well as for the larger data storage capability of the Blu-ray format.

Tom
post #357 of 2482 Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 AM

Pellucidity,

I have a 24 in iMac as well as several PC's and I woud like to use an external Blu-ray burner on the iMac as well as the PC's. Roxio's Toast 8 Titanium is said to support Blu-ray disk burning (http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/to.../overview.html) but I have no personal experience with the program and I don't know to what extent it supports the burning of Blu-ray disks. The Lacie external Blu-ray burner that I am considering appears to come bundled with this software (http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=10867).

Tom
post #358 of 2482 Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I saw Adobe Encore CS3 at NAB and the interesting thing is that they demonstrated HDV sourced material out through the Adobe chain and playing on a PS3 so that looks like it will work too.

On the downside it seems that will be out late July time frame .. so not a solution any time soon.

It seems that DVDit Pro HD is the cheapest way to get BDMV right now. Teamed up with Video Redo you can certainly put The Office onto BD discs.

Also of interest (perhaps) is I saw in the LV Sony store some Sony BDR50 discs - not sure I have seen them before.

At NAB I was told that Panasonic also make printable media.

I spoke with some people at the Maxell booth who said that printable media is very difficult to make so that might explain the delays and high cost involved with printable media.

I also saw a La Cie external burner as well as a number of 'BD replicator towers'. All lots of fun.

Thanks for the reply - I guess I'll have to look at going in this direction. I was hoping they'd just be a way to transfer the file and get it to play that way, but apparently not.

Thanks again,
Chris
post #359 of 2482 Old 04-22-2007, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotkins View Post

I was hoping they'd just be a way to transfer the file and get it to play that way, but apparently not.

This is perhaps not the correct thread for that... you might find answers searching in other threads and forums.

I believe that you may be able to save the TS as PS (.MPG) from VRD and play that file but I am not sure of the limitations...

In other news, I finally burned my first BD-R (Sony brand) today and it was thankfully successful.

It plays nicely in the PS3 and Panasonic players.

Also I can confirm that BDR playback still works with firmware 1.7 on the PS3. In fact, the PS3 now autoplays the BDRs which I think is new. It may just be a setting though that is different between the two PS3s that I play with.
post #360 of 2482 Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the comments on burning software, but it does seem that as far as authoring goes, Adobe is the option atm. I guess I will have to roll my own, which will be a PITA

Please post comments on the Lacie, I'm quite interested in that drive.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page