Ok, here's my step by step approach for burning MPEG2 streams onto BD-R/BD-RE BDAV for PS3 or samsung player playback.
What you need :
1. Blu-Ray Burner (Panasonic, Sony, LiteOn, LG, plextor, pioneer, etc)
2. BD-RE media (Use RE first so you can erase everything and reuse the disk if you make a mistake).
3. PowerProducer 4 with latest patch Jan '07 or later.
A. Create the .MPG file(s).
1. If you already have the .MPG files and you are sure it is error free, skip to step B.
2. If you have a HDV camcorder, capture the .MPG file on your HDD skip to step B.
3. Run VideoRedoPlus on the file(s) and create .MPG file fixing any synch or stream errors in the process.
B. Run Power Producer.
1. Start a Blu-Ray project
2. Add the MPG file(s) to the video selection.
3. Edit the chapter points (you can have auto chapters added or you can manually set them).
4. Press Burn, Insert Blank BD-RE, wait an hour.
5. Take BD-RE to PS3 and play it. Note Chapter advances work.
This works with
1920x1080P,25fps 15Mbps VBR
1920x1080P,24fps 19.2Mbps CBR
1920x1080i,60Hz 22Mbps VBR/CBR
1440x1080i,60Hz 25Mbps CBR (HDV)
1280x720P,24fps/60Hz (any bitrate).
720x480 of any mode.