post #1621 of 2482 Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post

But do you think the 24p capability is TotalMedia, or TSmuxeR?

Step 2 is just a compatibility item, tsMuxer is just packaging the stream. I know that if the steam is packaged as ts/m2ts then TotalMedia will pass a compliant video stream. There was another way that I could get the video to pass through without tsmuxer, but I'm not sure what I was doing because I didn't write it down. It's just the same as when I was using the Ulead/Corel software I noticed that if the video stream is packaged in different ways it can determine if the software transcodes.

Quote:

This is just me, but I would not trade away discrete 5.1 audio to have menus.

My opinion is that all the relatively inexpensive software I've tried still has one drawback or other. In the video department TotalMedia is the only commercial software that I've seen pass anything full resolution besides interlaced video for AVCHD with menus, so if they ever would match their competitors in being able to pass audio it would be my clear choice for AVCHD & BDMV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2482 Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

Wondered if someone could offer some insight as to what I am doing wrong. I burned a .MKV file last night to a DVD-DL disc using ImgBurn and tsmuxer. I followed instructions shown on YouTube and received no errors.

When I played the disc in my Sony BDP-S350 it looks completely messed up. The image is doubled (like a ghost effect). There is a vertical line right down the middle of the screen and the picture looks stretched as well.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Has anyone ever experienced this before?

^bump

Anyone? The MKV file plays just fine in QuickTime Pro or VLC - it just doesn't work when burned to a DVD-DL. Help!
post #1623 of 2482 Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

^bump

Anyone? The MKV file plays just fine in QuickTime Pro or VLC - it just doesn't work when burned to a DVD-DL. Help!

Check out this thread, it may help:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134348
post #1624 of 2482 Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I'm new to blu-ray burning, I tried Tsmuxer with imgburn and the movie which was a mpeg-2 1080i transport stream played great but when i skipped ahead on the chapters the picture froze and the audio played fine after 10 seconds or so the picture caught up
and then played fine did i set something wrong or is this common?
post #1625 of 2482 Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo View Post

I'm new to blu-ray burning, I tried Tsmuxer with imgburn and the movie which was a mpeg-2 1080i transport stream played great but when i skipped ahead on the chapters the picture froze and the audio played fine after 10 seconds or so the picture caught up
and then played fine did i set something wrong or is this common?

dargo,

Was it .ts file from cable box?
Did you burn it to DVD-+R/RW or BD-R/RE?
What did you use to play it: stand alone, PS3, PC?

Many times .ts files from cable box have glitches and other problems. I always run my .ts files through MPEG2Repair (free), and then through VideoReDO ($50). VideoReDo is very good at fixing problems in .ts files. Then I use tsMuxeR to re-mux .ts file into .m2ts or into Blu-ray structure.

I archived a bunch of videos onto DVD+R/RW disks using tsMuxeR and Blu-ray disk option. I burned those disks mostly with Nero 8 with UDF 2.50. When I play those disks in PS3 and press NEXT on remote to skip to the next chapter, my PS3 is freezing sometimes for several seconds, and then starts playing again from that next chapter. But I don't have anything like you described.
post #1626 of 2482 Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post

dargo,

Was it .ts file from cable box?
Did you burn it to DVD-+R/RW or BD-R/RE?
What did you use to play it: stand alone, PS3, PC?

Many times .ts files from cable box have glitches and other problems. I always run my .ts files through MPEG2Repair (free), and then through VideoReDO ($50). VideoReDo is very good at fixing problems in .ts files. Then I use tsMuxeR to re-mux .ts file into .m2ts or into Blu-ray structure.

I archived a bunch of videos onto DVD+R/RW disks using tsMuxeR and Blu-ray disk option. I burned those disks mostly with Nero 8 with UDF 2.50. When I play those disks in PS3 and press NEXT on remote to skip to the next chapter, my PS3 is freezing sometimes for several seconds, and then starts playing again from that next chapter. But I don't have anything like you described.

I burn to BD-R playing on a Samsung 1400 I use video redo as well as MPEG2repair
have never had a issue with dvd's and sounds like you get the same thing advancing to the next chapter causes the video to freeze, wondering if authoring with dvdit HD pro would elimanate the problem? costs $300 may have no choice to get a really good BD
burn that does not freeze
post #1627 of 2482 Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo View Post

sounds like you get the same thing advancing to the next chapter causes the video to freeze

Well, in my case it doesn't happen with every chapter. It happens with some chapters, and, as far as I remember, mostly on DVD+R DL disks. It doesn't happen on DVD+RW disks. I will double check when I get home.

With BD-RE disks I didn't have that problem at all. I used Ulead DMF6+ to author BDMV project and burned with Nero.
post #1628 of 2482 Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

dargo,

Looks like there is a fix for chapter problems. I found this on Doom9 forum:

Quote:
There is a fix out right now for the seeking issues with the PS3, it's a separate application that fixes the clpi file in the Blu-ray structure. It can be found in this thread, it called fixclpi.exe, there is also a gui. It works very well.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...89#post1211389

I found the files and attached zip to my post.

I didn't try it yet. I will report when I do that.

EDIT:

I applied the fix and burned BDMV structure to DVD+RW. Now PS3 skips back and forth between chapters instantly. Great!

FixclpiGUI.zip 221.86328125k . file
post #1629 of 2482 Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

I applied the fix and burned BDMV structure to DVD+RW. Now PS3 skips back and forth between chapters instantly. Great!

I can't wait to try this...
post #1630 of 2482 Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I can't wait to try this...

just upgraded to power producer 5 and great
no lag when searching chapters now if I can
learn the rest of the programe so I can make
cool menus will be happy camper
post #1631 of 2482 Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ditto. This is nice. Seems like fast forward and reverse got smoother as well.
post #1632 of 2482 Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 AM

I am having a problem burning a blu-ray disk with Nero 9. I can burn a short disk (12 GB)with no problems. But when I try to burn a longer disk (40GB), Nero just shuts down after about 3 days. I am not present when it shuts down so I don't know what happened. Anybody have a similar problem?
post #1633 of 2482 Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk31 View Post

I am having a problem burning a blu-ray disk with Nero 9. I can burn a short disk (12 GB)with no problems. But when I try to burn a longer disk (40GB), Nero just shuts down after about 3 days. I am not present when it shuts down so I don't know what happened. Anybody have a similar problem?

Check out these links:

Do NOT purchase the new Nero 9:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...4089&Replies=2

Installation issues with Nero software:
http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showforum=12
post #1634 of 2482 Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Nero is "bloatware?"

Psst...I couldn't have put it more succinctly. Glad to find out I'm not the only one. I think it is intrusive and hijackful as well. Never again.
post #1635 of 2482 Old 11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

I have Nero 8 and I don't have any problems. I do custom install and some other tips. So, here it goes.

Custom Installation of Nero 8

Select Custom Install.
Uncheck check box for browser toolbar plug-in (whatever its name is).
Select Nero Burning Rom and any other application you need (I also use Nero Vision and Nero ShowTime).
Install Nero.

At the end of installation you get window with several tabs, one of those is for video files association, and one for audio files. Unselect all for video and audio, so Nero won't hijack your Windows files associations. Finish installation.

Now, here are some tips on how to clean up your computer from Nero pests.

I use utility called Startup Control Panel that I use to edit registry without going to REGEDIT.

Start StartupControlPanel and delete NeroFilterCheck entry, which located in HKLM/Run registry key tab.

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Services, and disable NMIndexingService.

Using Windows Explorer click on Program Files, click search, and type NM*.exe. Search will find a bunch of files that start with NM in file name:

NMBgMonitor.exe
NMFirstStart.exe
NMIndexingService.exe
NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
NMTVRecorder.exe
NMTvWizard.exe

Rename those files. I usually replace last e with _ (underscore) in the file extension.

Next, go to Start/All Programs/Nero 8/Nero Toolkit/ and click on "Nero Control Center". In Nero Control Center, click on the Update icon (Green arrow). Uncheck "Check for updates every: " box. Click "OK" button.

You can also disable key checking if you want. Look for a file named NeroPatentActivation.exe The path to that file can be found here: C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Nero\\Shared\\NL3\\NeroPatentActivation.exe. You need to either delete this file or rename it. If you decide to rename it, rename it something like this: NeroPatentActivation.exe.bak

And this is how you can Un-install NeroScout from your computer permanently:

Click Start, Run and type this:

regsvr32 /u "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Nero\\Lib\\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Enjoy your Nero without bloatware.
post #1636 of 2482 Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

You can also run msconfig.exe and selectively disable the nerofiltercheck, and other bloatware, so that it just bypasses all of it on startup.

When you boot, you'll get a nag screen that windows has blocked some startup programs, which you can make go away by right-clicking on it and choosing "exit."

There's a few things I like Nero for, the burning rom of course, but also the wav editor for audio is easy.

Forgive me for taking the opportunity to pounce on Nero, but I think I know what they are, and they suk. I also think it's "bugware" that doesn't get fixed before the next release that you have to pay for. At least that's what happened to me when version 9 came out about a week after I paid for version 8, and they want, I forget the exact amount but about $99 or so to upgrade to 9.

I have Vegas Pro 8.0(c), and I have Video Redo, and I have Movie Factory, and I have Nero, and maybe some others, but if I had to keep only ONE, the one that really does the most things with the most speed and simplicity, it's Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. If you combine that with TSmuxeR and ImgBurn, I think you probably have the most versatile collection of toolsets for the minimalist for mpeg-2, including AC3 5.1, multiplex and demultiplexing streams, smart rendering, fast scrubbing timeline editor. Womble is really fast and easy. It's only 8 bit so you don't want to use it for color grading, but it has a nice library of transitions, a simple title editor, basic audio controls, a basic h.264 encoder, DVD authoring some useful utilities and more. It's only for mpeg, not AVCHD.

I'll shoot a 1920x1080/p24 video in Sony XDCAM 35 mbps VBR, use Vegas Pro to color grade, and mix a discrete 5.1 dolby digital audio track, export the the video and audio streams separately, but thereafter use Womble to finish the project, mux it all back together and get it ready for TSmuxeR.
post #1637 of 2482 Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Everyone.

Has anyone tried the latest version of pinnacle to try and make menus work with AVCHD. I can get my Panasonic BDP-30 to play the AVCHD Disks but I can't get it play them if I use a menu.

Thanks.
T.
post #1638 of 2482 Old 11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintit77 View Post

Has anyone tried the latest version of pinnacle to try and make menus work with AVCHD. I can get my Panasonic BDP-30 to play the AVCHD Disks but I can't get it play them if I use a menu.

I've never used the product because they don't offer a trial and generally these programs have too many little issues to blind buy in my opinion. When the program came out the reports were that it didn't do menus with AVCHD, only BDMV, but http://pinnacle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=17983 says that it does menus now. I thought the Panasonic played AVCHD with menus, but there are too many players to keep track of what plays what anymore. Have you tried an AVCHD with menus from another product? The AVCHD in the link below was created with Arcsoft that you could try to determine if it's the player or software.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1639 of 2482 Old 11-24-2008, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been using tsmuxer for some time now to burn HD OTA recordings (MPEG II) and HD-PVR recordings (MEPG IV) to blu-ray on DVD-DL. I use the blu-ray option in tsmuxer and then burn the folders it creates to DVD-DL using nero (udf 2.5).

I now have a blu-ray burner. I did the exact same thing but this time the resultant BDMV (on 25 GB blu-ray disk) does not play back. All I get is a black screen (on the PS3) and a pause/play flicker on top of a black screen with my Samsung BDP-1500. I've read throught he thread. Can anyone provide me any suggestions as to where I've gone wrong? I've read through the thread and can't seem to find an answer.
post #1640 of 2482 Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylab View Post

I have been using tsmuxer for some time now to burn HD OTA recordings (MPEG II) and HD-PVR recordings (MEPG IV) to blu-ray on DVD-DL. I use the blu-ray option in tsmuxer and then burn the folders it creates to DVD-DL using nero (udf 2.5).

I now have a blu-ray burner. I did the exact same thing but this time the resultant BDMV (on 25 GB blu-ray disk) does not play back. All I get is a black screen (on the PS3) and a pause/play flicker on top of a black screen with my Samsung BDP-1500. I've read throught he thread. Can anyone provide me any suggestions as to where I've gone wrong? I've read through the thread and can't seem to find an answer.

I'm very interested in how this turns out for you. I don't think TSmuXer is going to work because it's making an AVCHD wrapper. I'm reading about some rather abysmal player compatibility with BD-R/RE media, but the Samsung 1500 was one of the players that was working in the case I read about.

Do you have something else to try, maybe Corel Movie Factory?
post #1641 of 2482 Old 11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Picked up a Sony BDSP350 player on Black Friday. It plays a hybrid DVD5 TSmuxeR authored disk fine for about a minute and a half, then chokes to a stuttering mess. I returned the player.

I would rename Blu-ray "PS3-Video" because that's the only reliable player for anything not authored on BD-ROM I've seen work. Disappointing.
post #1642 of 2482 Old 11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Picked up a Sony BDSP350 player on Black Friday. It plays a hybrid DVD5 TSmuxeR authored disk fine for about a minute and a half, then chokes to a stuttering mess. I returned the player.

I would rename Blu-ray "PS3-Video" because that's the only reliable player for anything not authored on BD-ROM I've seen work. Disappointing.

What was the bitrate of your material? I have done a number hybrid DVDs that were successful. My Sony SP-300 will stutter if the audio rate is too high on DVDs like source material from my Sony HC1 camcorder. Often just changing the audio to Dolby solved the problem. With remuxed Aiptek A-HD+ AVCHD files there is no problem but those bitrates are low anyway. If the bitrates get too high then they probably need to be burned to a Blu-Ray disc which can keep up.
post #1643 of 2482 Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

What was the bitrate of your material? I have done a number hybrid DVDs that were successful. My Sony SP-300 will stutter if the audio rate is too high on DVDs like source material from my Sony HC1 camcorder. Often just changing the audio to Dolby solved the problem. With remuxed Aiptek A-HD+ AVCHD files there is no problem but those bitrates are low anyway. If the bitrates get too high then they probably need to be burned to a Blu-Ray disc which can keep up.

Brian,
The bitrate was 25 mbps VBR mpeg-2 straight off the Sony Vegas Pro 8.0(c) Blu-ray disk template for native 1920 x 1080. I tried disks authored to both 60/i and 24/p. These are clips from Sony's pro division XDCAM-EX camcorder. The audio bitrate is 448 kbps, 48khz, 16 bit, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.

I don't know for sure, but Steve Mullen who writes freelance articles about camcorders feels that to play high bitrate from red laser DVD5/9 media, the drive has to spin the disk at 2x speed. Apparently the PS3 can do this, and possibly the standalone players cannot.

You could be right about having to author on Blu-ray media for compatibility with the BDSP350, but successful BD-R and BD-RE playback in general is reported to be spotty as well for many other players.

If the PS3 can do it, I don't see why the capability is not extended to other makes and models.
post #1644 of 2482 Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 PM

I bought a Sylvania blu-ray player this past weekend. It plays prerecorded blu-ray disks fine, but my homemade "AVC-HD" disks written on blank DVDs don't play. My disks are written with the Nero7 in UDF2.5 mode, with files from tsMuxer and reMux. My disks seem to play just fine in Sony PS3 and stand alone players, but not in my Sylvania.

Anybody know a fix for this?
post #1645 of 2482 Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb8tgy View Post

I bought a Sylvania blu-ray player this past weekend. It plays prerecorded blu-ray disks fine, but my homemade "AVC-HD" disks written on blank DVDs don't play. My disks are written with the Nero7 in UDF2.5 mode, with files from tsMuxer and reMux. My disks seem to play just fine in Sony PS3 and stand alone players, but not in my Sylvania.

Anybody know a fix for this?

Have you asked over in the Sylvania section?

This may be a limitation of the player, not a problem with the disc. Especially if they will play in the PS3.

Or just use the PS3...

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #1646 of 2482 Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My opinion is that Blu-ray really was not designed to provide for home-authored HD material. In fact, I think home-authoring likely goes against some copy protection and AACS fee intents of the format. In reading about the different BDMV versions it seems to me that home-authoring of HD video material is really not at all a primary intent of the Blu-ray format.

The only real HD home-authored support from DVD media provided within Blu-ray specs seems to be AVCHD, and of course not all players support that format. tsMuxer disks are not at all limited to AVCHD specs, so it's a mere guessing game of what an individual player might play from tsMuxer. In regards to bitrate, AVCHD (http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html) limits DVD media to around 18Mbps and the x264 template uses 16500 for video. The PS3 plays many non-Blu-ray video formats, so it's really little surprise to me that the PS3 happens to play video that other Blu-ray players will not touch. My BDP-S1 happens to play BDMV from DVD, and I fully expect most any newer player I buy will not support everything my current player will play. All I expect a Blu-ray player to play is what it is specified to play, and HD mpeg2 on DVD media is really not within any specification I can find other than maybe BD-5/9. As far as I can tell BD-5/9 falls into the area involving AACS fees, which goes for over $1500 per title.

post #1647 of 2482 Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Find your receipt.
post #1648 of 2482 Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post

My opinion is that Blu-ray really was not designed to provide for home-authored HD material. In fact, I think home-authoring likely goes against some copy protection and AACS fee intents of the format. In reading about the different BDMV versions it seems to me that home-authoring of HD video material is really not at all a primary intent of the Blu-ray format.

The only real HD home-authored support from DVD media provided within Blu-ray specs seems to be AVCHD, and of course not all players support that format. tsMuxer disks are not at all limited to AVCHD specs, so it's a mere guessing game of what an individual player might play from tsMuxer. In regards to bitrate, AVCHD (http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html) limits DVD media to around 18Mbps and the x264 template uses 16500 for video. The PS3 plays many non-Blu-ray video formats, so it's really little surprise to me that the PS3 happens to play video that other Blu-ray players will not touch. My BDP-S1 happens to play BDMV from DVD, and I fully expect most any newer player I buy will not support everything my current player will play. All I expect a Blu-ray player to play is what it is specified to play, and HD mpeg2 on DVD media is really not within any specification I can find other than maybe BD-5/9. As far as I can tell BD-5/9 falls into the area involving AACS fees, which goes for over $1500 per title.

I agree, yet the BDPS-350 did play the disk, both audio and video. It's just that it begins to stutter 30 seconds in. I did see the video work on a BDP-S1, so progress seems headed backwards with the newer models, exactly as you expected.
post #1649 of 2482 Old 12-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

To up the volume, I think you'll need to basically remux/re-encode the audio, so you'll lose a bit in quality. Have a look at this thread at videohelp.com & at this tool.

Have you ever actually used this software? Can you give me any guidance?

I finally found some time to work on this again - trying to raise the volume of the Dolby Digital track on a video that I want to burn to disc. But I'm finding the both the software and the related thread to be rather baffling. The software appears to be intended for some entirely different purpose, and the thread seems to contain a mix of information that spans several years - I can't figure out what's current or make any sense of how to use this tool to accomplish my goal. There are several other tools mentioned in the thread as well, and none of them appear particularly relevant to helping me solve my problem. And the AC3Filter tool that you reference seems to exist in a version today that has little to do with the material in the thread.

Maybe I'm just missing some basic concept, but I feel pretty dense here. Do you (Brajesh) or anyone else know how this is supposed to work?
post #1650 of 2482 Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Thanks to the people on this thread (and tsMuxer and Videoredo) I now have AVCHD discs burned on to DVD+R DL working perfectly on my Panny BD10a. Files are from MyHD Tuner card. My Steps:

1.) Use videoredo to edit .ts files. Output using "quick fix" option under tools. Set the output to .mpg file.

2.) Load the file in TsMuxer. Output as "Create Blu-ray Disc".

3.) Burn on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs using UDF 2.50 file system (Nero).

The origional files are 1920 X 1080i and 1280 X 720p MPEG2 .ts files...
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page