My Blu-Ray Movie Burning Experiences... - Page 79 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This is ridiculous. All I am trying to do is take Blade Runner The Final Cut from my HD DVD, extract the VC-1 video and convert it to 23.976fps, extract the TrueHD audio track, mux those tracks together, and stick a burned BD-RE into my PS3 and play the movie. I don't want to re-encode anything, as the video stream and just the TrueHD stream are only 11GB. All the good tools like ripbot264 only let you re-encode, all I wanted to do was extract (AnyDVD HD did that), demux the .evo, remux to Blu-ray BDMV, burn it, and watch it on my PS3!

However, I have not found any tool which can do all these things. I have found tools which extract the tracks (EVOdemux), re-encode the TrueHD to anything I want (eac3to), convert the video to 23.976fps (vc1conv), but now I have a raw video stream and either a TrueHD or LPCM audio stream and I haven't a tool which can then mux these things together into a stream PS3 recognizes! Sure, I could use mkvmerge to mux them into mkv but the stupid PS3 doesn't understand mkv!

If someone could help me here, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm surprised you don't use AnyDVDHD to rip the HDDVD to a .iso file and then use IMGBurn (unless you're trying to shrink it to fit on a 25gb disc)?

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Old 03-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel View Post

This is ridiculous. All I am trying to do is take Blade Runner The Final Cut from my HD DVD, extract the VC-1 video and convert it to 23.976fps, extract the TrueHD audio track, mux those tracks together, and stick a burned BD-RE into my PS3 and play the movie. I don't want to re-encode anything, as the video stream and just the TrueHD stream are only 11GB. All the good tools like ripbot264 only let you re-encode, all I wanted to do was extract (AnyDVD HD did that), demux the .evo, remux to Blu-ray BDMV, burn it, and watch it on my PS3!

However, I have not found any tool which can do all these things. I have found tools which extract the tracks (EVOdemux), re-encode the TrueHD to anything I want (eac3to), convert the video to 23.976fps (vc1conv), but now I have a raw video stream and either a TrueHD or LPCM audio stream and I haven't a tool which can then mux these things together into a stream PS3 recognizes! Sure, I could use mkvmerge to mux them into mkv but the stupid PS3 doesn't understand mkv!

what iam understanding is
you are trying to convert hddvd to bluray
if thats the case

use can tsmuxer,ToNMT
Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Here are some choices:

AVS Video Converter

DVDFab

PowerDirector 9
Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi all.
Is there a consensus as to which external Blu Ray burner is considered the best?
Thanks.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmyname View Post

Hi all.
Is there a consensus as to which external Blu Ray burner is considered the best?
Thanks.

I have to say: LG 12x External eSATA/USB 2.0 Blu-ray Disc Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive and the price is right too.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by new04quest View Post

and the price is right too.

$150 for that LG is not such a great price, you can buy the Pioneer BDR-206 from Amazon for $115. And if you want a external burner, just add a external enclosure to put it in for about another $15.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

$150 for that LG is not such a great price, you can buy the Pioneer BDR-206 from Amazon for $115. And if you want a external burner, just add a external enclosure to put it in for about another $15.

Jacksmyname wanted to know what the best external blu-ray burner is. LG is perfect fit for his request. It is built solely for external with full warrantee and support by LG. Why make it harder for yourself to save a couple bucks?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The Pioneer also has a warranty. As far as saving a few bucks, I sure will, especially when it's also a better burner.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:

The Pioneer also has a warranty. As far as saving a few bucks, I sure will, especially when it's also a better burner.

Why is the internal Pioneer better than external LG? The spec is almost identical. The LG provides convenient for a couple bucks more, and everything is included in the package.

I like to do stuff with my two hands on a lot of things on home entertainment and HTPC. In this case, I preferred the convenient of the LG. Myself, I preferred the internal drive. If I have to choose the external drive, I'll go for the LG at $149.

Compare Pioneer BDR-206BKS Blu-ray Burner to LG BE12LU30 Blu-ray Burner
Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Why is the internal Pioneer better than external LG? The spec is almost identical.

Well if you get the BDR-206MBK model like I have, and not the BDR-206BDS you mentioned. The specs are hardly identical. As the Pioneer is also a BDXL drive, and it is ready for burning 100-128gb triple and quad layer Blu-ray discs. And yes before you even say anything, I did indeed get the BDR-206MBX model and not the BDR-206BDS from Amazon, although when I bought it it was priced slightly higher at $120.

http://www.techdaring.com/2010/12/16...-now-shipping/

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ves/BDR-206MBK

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=29669
Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Well if you get the BDR-206MBK model like I have, and not the BDR-206BDS you mentioned. The specs are hardly identical. As the Pioneer is also a BDXL drive, and it is ready for burning 100-128gb triple and quad layer Blu-ray discs. And yes before you even say anything, I did indeed get the BDR-206MBX model and not the BDR-206BDS from Amazon, although when I bought it it was priced slightly higher at $120.

http://www.techdaring.com/2010/12/16...-now-shipping/

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ves/BDR-206MBK

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=29669

Now, you're really spinning the wheel on this. If you recommended it to somebody and you said it is better than USB LG BE12LU30 Blu-ray Burner for less money- where can the other guy or me buy the Pioneer BDR-206MBX and USB case for $149? Where can the other guy or me get a blank 100-128gb blu-ray disc to fully use the superior Pioneer drive?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Shop around, some places like Frys are asking $200, which is MSRP. While some other places are in the $114+ range for a BDR-206MBK.

I bought two of the BDR-206MBK Pioneers from amazon in late Dec 2010, I paid $126 for the first one, and $121 for the second one which I bought two weeks after the first one. One is mounted internally in my desktop PC, and the other is in in a external enclosure so I can use it with any of my four laptops. There are loads of different external enclosures to chose from at amazon, and at all sorts of price ranges at anywhere from $15 to $50. Just pick whichever you like, but make SURE it also has the option of a open front for use with CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives.

As for blank three layer and quad layer discs, you are on your own on pricing those. But seeing as they are so new, any you find are probably going to be very very pricey for the foreseeable future.

Right now, just ONE triple layer blank, is $110!

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Blu-.../dp/B0040NP1TI
Old 03-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Shop around, some places like Frys are asking $200, which is MSRP. While some other places are in the $114+ range for a BDR-206MBK.

I bought two of the BDR-206MBK Pioneers from amazon in late Dec 2010, I paid $126 for the first one, and $121 for the second one which I bought two weeks after the first one. One is mounted internally in my desktop PC, and the other is in in a external enclosure so I can use it with any of my four laptops. There are loads of different external enclosures to chose from at amazon, and at all sorts of price ranges at anywhere from $15 to $50. Just pick whichever you like, but make SURE it also has the option of a open front for use with CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives.

As for blank three layer and quad layer discs, you are on your own on pricing those. But seeing as they are so new, any you find are probably going to be very very pricey for the foreseeable future.

Right now, just ONE triple layer blank, is $110!

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Blu-.../dp/B0040NP1TI

Since you brought it up that it is better for less money than USB LG external drive, please provide link to it. Please include the link for both the Pioneer BDR-206MBX and USB case for $149 and less? We'll appreciate the information.

The USB LG external drive is more than $200 everywhere, but BestBuy has it for $149. I brought it up because I thought that it is a great value for a very convenience USB drive. I still don't think that there is anything with this spec and configuration at this price. The USB LG external drive may not have the capable to burn 100GB to 128GB multiple layer disc as the internal Pioneer BDR-206MBX. For the price of the 100GB to 128GB blank disc, I think that you cannot beat LG value for burning the 50GB disc. The USB LG read/write speed on 50GB blank disc is comparable to the internal Pioneer BDR-206MBX.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

It's very simple.

TSmuxer and multiavchd.

Problem solved.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Old 03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Since you brought it up that it is better for less money than USB LG external drive, please provide link to it. Please include the link for both the Pioneer BDR-206MBX and USB case for $149 and less? We'll appreciate the information.

Just shop around at amazon, you can find it and a external case for $150 or less. Sorry, but I am not your personal best price finder.

If you want to go even lower in price, find a place that still has the Pioneer BDR-205. Or just be happy with your LG, which for $150 is not really as a fantastic deal as you think it is.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Just shop around at amazon, you can find it and a external case for $150 or less. Sorry, but I am not your personal best price finder.

If you want to go even lower in price, find a place that still has the Pioneer BDR-205. Or just be happy with your LG, which for $150 is not really as a fantastic deal as you think it is.
No, I don't need a USB LG drive. My HTPC and Laptop has internal blu-ray burners. I recommended a USB LG to Jacksmyname, and you recommended this in post #2347: "$150 for that LG is not such a great price, you can buy the Pioneer BDR-206 from Amazon for $115. And if you want a external burner, just add a external enclosure to put it in for about another $15."

If you made the comment, you have to be able to back it up with the product link and price. If you are serious about suggesting better product with better price, please provide a link where we can buy the Pioneer BDR-206MBX for $115 and USB case for $15. You cannot suggest it without merit.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
If you made the comment, you have to be able to back it up with the product link and price.
No, I do not need "have to" do any such thing!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I do not need "have to" do any such thing!
I can tell when somebody is spinning the wheel. It is good to know!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Listen, I told you where to look, MULTIPLE TIMES! I bought TWO of the Pioneer drives from there myself. And now for you, I am through with your BS, and you have just joined my ignore list! So you can have your last shot at me, seeing as I know you will just want to have the last word. And I really don't care, as I won't even see anymore of you posts from now on!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Listen, I told you where to look, MULTIPLE TIMES! I bought TWO of the Pioneer drives from there myself. And now for you, I am through with your BS, and you have just joined my ignore list! So you can have your last shot at me, seeing as I know you will just want to have the last word. And I really don't care, as I won't even see anymore of you posts from now on!
You are suggested the sites that it is not available and the price is not what you claimed to be. This is a "Sticky" pad, the information have to be accurate. If you want to help others, the information should be accurate. It is always easier to tell the truth.

Please COOL DOWN bud and nothing is going to fall off the sky!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Here is another USB blu-ray burner with USB 3.0 and it included great Cyberlink blu-ray editing software.

12x BD-R Pioneer Blu-ray Burner
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM

I used MakeMKV to record some blu-rays and it won't let me select dolby digital or DTS. I have a receiver that only plays DD or DTS, and it will only play 2.1 with that format. I don't care about "lossless" or "uncompressed" audio, I just want 5.1sound from my receiver. What software is best for me to use to convert the current files. I will not use a command line method, this is 2011 and that is absurd. I don't have the time to learn that. Any links or programs would be helpful. Thanks guys.

P.S. I am technologically inclined but have never ran across this problem.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 AM

It rips with True-HD or 3/2/1 or something like that, but I need DTS or DD for it to give me surround sound.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayhe View Post

I will not use a command line method, this is 2011 and that is absurd. I don't have the time to learn that.

yeah, why can't blu-ray piracy be user friendly
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post

yeah, why can't blu-ray piracy be user friendly

I would love to know how owning blu-rays and wanting a digital copy of them on my HTPC is piracy? Assuming just makes an ASS out of you and me sir.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayhe View Post

I would love to know how owning blu-rays and wanting a digital copy of them on my HTPC is piracy? Assuming just makes an ASS out of you and me sir.

Thank the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Naturally, I don't agree with it, because you should be able to make a backup of something that you've bought. However, their reasoning is that we don't own the "film," that we simply own a license to view the film at home. I don't know how that reasoning ever flew with any lawmakers. When I see commercials for Blu-rays, I see, "Own it NOW on Blu-ray and DVD!" - not "Own a license to view it at home on Blu-ray and DVD!" When I order a Blu-ray from Amazon, it tells me the name of the movie and how much I paid for it. It doesn't say anything about a license for it. If anything, it makes more sense to say that we own the film but we do not have a license to distribute it for profit (in other words, we don't own the right to release the movie into theaters and make money off of it - like the studios do).

This way of thinking all stems from EULA's and other beliefs about intellectual property and/or digital media. It doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. I don't understand how someone can buy a car and then own the car, and have the right to re-sell the car without giving a cut to the car manufacturer - but when you buy computer software, you don't "own" the software and you have no right to re-sell it later. Why? Because it's electronic? I don't get it, but maybe it's my fault.

I recently read about a ruling in a case having to do with the DMCA, and this is one of the lines in the ruling: "Merely bypassing a technological protection that restricts a user from viewing or using a work is insufficient to trigger the DMCA’s anti-circumvention provision. The DMCA prohibits only forms of access that would violate or impinge on the protections that the Copyright Act otherwise affords copyright owners."

- To me, that makes it seem like it's legal to make a backup as long as it's fair use and you don't intend to distribute it. Of course, I could be interpreting it wrong.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 AM

Some very good points sir.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Forgive me for asking this as I am sure it has been covered somewhere in the last 2,300 posts over the last three years in this thread, but I have to ask.

Is there a simple process for converting a .MKV file to a format I can burn to a BD-R disc?

I have a mix of MKV and AVI files I would like to burn to a BD-R disc with a menu at the start for selecting which video to play.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Forgive me for asking this as I am sure it has been covered somewhere in the last 2,300 posts over the last three years in this thread, but I have to ask.

Is there a simple process for converting a .MKV file to a format I can burn to a BD-R disc?

I have a mix of MKV and AVI files I would like to burn to a BD-R disc with a menu at the start for selecting which video to play.

Thanks.

You can try multiAVCHD http://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD