PowerDirector 9

Is there 1 that does it all?

Easy to use
BR to DVD
Noob Friendly
Really easy for beginners

Thx

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2482 Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Easy to use
BR to DVD
Noob Friendly

Thx

I'd say the easiest would be DVDFab (full version)

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #2373 of 2482 Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Easy to use
BR to DVD
Noob Friendly

Thx

I have to say DVDFab 8 too. You can try it for free.

If you want freeware and it quite good, RipBot264 and HandBrake. You can play with it for a while, you might like it.
post #2374 of 2482 Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM

Hi all .. Well I recently got a Sony VAIO with a bluray burner and I'm trying to backup a few of my own bluray movies and had a few questions ..

I've figured out that you need to have AnyDVD HD running in the background and then to make an image, you right-click the AnyDVD system tray icon and select 'Rip to Image' ...

However I want to know, how do I ensure that AnyDVD removes any region protection info from my bluray when it creates the backup ? I have a copy of The Hurt Locker (which is Region A), so how can I ensure that the ISO backup I make is region free (or doesnt have any region protection) ?

Secondly, I tried to see the details of my copy of The Hurt Locker under BDInfo v0.5.6 and did the 'Rescan' thing, and this is the summary that I saw:

Quote:
Detected BDMV Folder: E:\\BDMV (HURT_LOCKER_NA)
Detected Features: BD-Java
Disc Size: 44,543,540,610 bytes
(*) Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk.
Firstly, the Disc Size I'm getting here is NOT the disc size which is reported for the US version of The Hurt Locker on the forums here (44,543,596,980). Does this necessarily mean my copy is not the US version ? However do note that the playlist size of the main movie matches with that reported in the forums here (37,716,185,088) ..

Also, what does the phrase 'Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk' necessarily mean ? Is this what is causing a difference disc size to be seen by me ? Also, would AnyDVD also backup such things through its 'Rip to Image' option ? .. Note that I didn't actually see anything marked with an asterisk in the lists shown in BDInfo ...

EDIT: I just tried the above BDInfo procedure with my copy of Angels & Demons and although it did again say 'Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk', this time I actually did see some stuff marked with an asterisk, and for this movie, the disc size WAS the same as that reported on the forums here ...

EDIT: Attaching the AnyDVD logfile for The Hurt Locker ...

AnyDVD_6.7.9.0_Info_E_HURT_LOCKER_NA.zip 157.3681640625k . file
post #2375 of 2482 Old 04-20-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 180
There should be an option in Settings -> Video Blu-ray to remove the region code. Make sure that is checked (I think its disabled by default).
post #2376 of 2482 Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus23 View Post

There should be an option in Settings -> Video Blu-ray to remove the region code. Make sure that is checked (I think its disabled by default).

Thanks, found it !

Also do you have any idea about the other stuff I've asked ?
post #2377 of 2482 Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post

Thanks, found it !

Also do you have any idea about the other stuff I've asked ?

No sorry I haven't done any BD backups yet I don't have a burner.
post #2378 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 AM

Liked: 10
Guys, I want to start backing up my blu-ray movies to my PC, then burn to blu-ray disk. I only care about the main feature and audio. The other features on the disk do not matter to me one iota. I am sure this has been discussed in here many times, but I am hoping someone can just answer my questions. Thanks all!

1. What program(s) will accomplish my task best?

2. Does the main feature and audio track fit uncompressed on a 25GB disk or do I need to use 50GB disks?

3. Will the $80 LG burner from Newegg do the job?
post #2379 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsantanni View Post

Guys, I want to start backing up my blu-ray movies to my PC, then burn to blu-ray disk. I only care about the main feature and audio. The other features on the disk do not matter to me one iota. I am sure this has been discussed in here many times, but I am hoping someone can just answer my questions. Thanks all!

2. Does the main feature and audio track fit uncompressed on a 25GB disk or do I need to use 50GB disks?

Free programs: ClownBD allows you to rip just the movie (if you want) and you can select the audio desired (need IMGBurn which is also free).
What's not free is the software you'll need to decrypt: SlySoft ANYHDDVD is one or you can buy DVD Fab which will also do what you're looking for.

post #2380 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Free programs: ClownBD allows you to rip just the movie (if you want) and you can select the audio desired (need IMGBurn which is also free).
What's not free is the software you'll need to decrypt: SlySoft ANYHDDVD is one or you can buy DVD Fab which will also do what you're looking for.

Will the main feature and the audio fit uncompressed on a 25GB disk or do I need to go with 50GB? Thanks for your help!
post #2381 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Will the main feature and the audio fit uncompressed on a 25GB disk or do I need to go with 50GB? Thanks for your help!

Check out this link http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm
DVDFAB will do everything you're looking to do.

I won't compromise so if the main movie is >25GB I do the entire disc. Most newer movies are >25GB by themselves so you'll be compressing many. Many older BDs are under 25GB.
Have fun!

post #2382 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:

BD Rebuilder 0.37.08 Beta
post #2383 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new04quest View Post

BD Rebuilder 0.37.08 Beta

You still need a decrypting software with BD Rebuilder - DVDFab decrypts and shrinks, burns, etc (even converts to files for the PS3 and other portables).

For an all-in-one solution I suggest giving DVD Fab a trial run (since the trial is free).

post #2384 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post
You still need a decrypting software with BD Rebuilder - DVDFab decrypts and shrinks, burns, etc (even converts to files for the PS3 and other portables).

For an all-in-one solution I suggest giving DVD Fab a trial run (since the trial is free).
The BD Rebuilder 0.37.08 Beta is free, and DVDFab HD Decrypter is free.
post #2385 of 2482 Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Looks like I just better bite the bullet and get the 50gb disks.
post #2386 of 2482 Old 05-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I copied a 25GB BD. I used AnyDVD HD to 'rip to image' then I burned the ISO with the Roxio software that came with my PC. It was very simple.

Now how do I get a 50GB BD onto a 25GB BD-R without compression? Can I just strip foreign audio and extras? How do I do that?
post #2387 of 2482 Old 05-13-2011, 04:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post

I copied a 25GB BD. I used AnyDVD HD to 'rip to image' then I burned the ISO with the Roxio software that came with my PC. It was very simple.

Now how do I get a 50GB BD onto a 25GB BD-R without compression? Can I just strip foreign audio and extras? How do I do that?

The short answer is you can't, 50 onto 25 doesn't work. Stripping out everything but the film and best sound track may save you a few GBs, but if the film is 35GB long, then that just plain won't fit.

I believe, once you have the ISO image, that there is software to extract out those bits. Then your choices are to either bigger blanks or compression.

If you go back through here, I and other, have posted links to PDFs that go into how to achieve this.

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #2388 of 2482 Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post

You can demux audio with Tsmuxer or eac3to. If you want to fit 50GB BD to a 25GB BD-R, you might need Megui to make it smaller. The last step is to combine it.

If the main movie BD file is 50GB (which I doubt it, because the famous Avatar filled with features is roughly 43GB), you cannot simply fit it into a 25GB without compressing the file one way or another.
post #2389 of 2482 Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

thanks guys
post #2390 of 2482 Old 05-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I just burned my first bluray in approx 1 hour and can confirm that audio and video are EXACTLY like the bluray version. I copied the movie faster using DVDFAB, the bluray copy option. It was extremely easy to use and the only program I needed to remove copyright info, burn to harddrive, and burn to disc. You simply uncheck HD audio if you want to remove that to save space. There is a main movie option that removes all the unneccessary stuff for you and saves a ton of space. Faster wasnt a big movie so I didnt need to compress. I did apoclpto and had to compress main movie with HD audio from 31gb to 23gb. It looked and sounded exactly like retail disc even though I compressed. im using free version
post #2391 of 2482 Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT View Post
I just burned my first bluray in approx 1 hour and can confirm that audio and video are EXACTLY like the bluray version. I copied the movie faster using DVDFAB, the bluray copy option. It was extremely easy to use and the only program I needed to remove copyright info, burn to harddrive, and burn to disc. You simply uncheck HD audio if you want to remove that to save space. There is a main movie option that removes all the unneccessary stuff for you and saves a ton of space. Faster wasnt a big movie so I didnt need to compress. I did apoclpto and had to compress main movie with HD audio from 31gb to 23gb. It looked and sounded exactly like retail disc even though I compressed. im using free version
Great job...and you can use MediaInfo to verify the newly burned disc. You can store the original disc away and enjoy the burned version now!
post #2392 of 2482 Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Ok I've burned two 25GB Verbatims and they both work perfect in all my players. Toady I tried to burn a 50GB TDK. It won't load in my LG player. It instantly says "check disc" and spits it out. I got it to load in an Insignia player but it took awhile. It also played in my PC. I noticed the 25GB Verbatims have a silver surface. The 50GB TDK is purple. Do you think if I switch to 50GB Verbatims they will work? Why do you think it won't play in the LG?

EDIT: It does the same thing with Verbatims.
post #2393 of 2482 Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone explain how to author a BD structure with mutiple titlles? I have several avchd streams from a camcorder (already in BD compliant codec/format m2ts). I would like to author a disc with the different streams as seperate titles, since they are in the proper format no reencoding should be necessary. I tried putting all the seperate files into txMuxer and muxing for Blu-ray disc, but the resulting structure muxed all the files together into one single long 0000.mpls and m2ts.
post #2394 of 2482 Old 05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can anyone explain how to author a BD structure with mutiple titlles? I have several avchd streams from a camcorder (already in BD compliant codec/format m2ts). I would like to author a disc with the different streams as seperate titles, since they are in the proper format no reencoding should be necessary. I tried putting all the seperate files into txMuxer and muxing for Blu-ray disc, but the resulting structure muxed all the files together into one single long 0000.mpls and m2ts.

MultiAVCHD: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744
Works great for me.
post #2395 of 2482 Old 05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post

MultiAVCHD: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744
Works great for me.

I've tried that, but it crashes whenever I try to do anything. It also seems like it wants to re-encode the way it asks for target disc size and desired bitrate.
post #2396 of 2482 Old 05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've tried that, but it crashes whenever I try to do anything. It also seems like it wants to re-encode the way it asks for target disc size and desired bitrate.

Had occasional crashes only when previewing menus.
It only re-encodes if you tell it to (in case when you want to fit BD-50 to BD-25). AVCHD .m2ts files from camcorder usually split into small chunks (less than 4GB), so you can calculate total size for your target disk before importing video files into MultiAVCHD.
post #2397 of 2482 Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM

I video tape weddings in HD for a living. I use a Sony Blu Ray burner in my PC to make Blu Ray for the customer. I always check my products of course before release and most brands of discs have worked fine in my Sony BX1 and Sony BX57 decks. Now all of a sudden only Sony discs and a few random others work. Firmware updates make it even worse. Half of all my work is now playable only on the computer burner they were made on. The discs play fine but only there. My customers are going to crucify me if they find out their Blu Ray discs in time are no good. What gives? Is Sony doing this?
post #2398 of 2482 Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM

fellows
I have a question
I have bluray movies two of them are same tittle(two different audio)
I made a back up of those two movies as movie only
now my question i want to make two audio onto one disc is it possible
post #2399 of 2482 Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack4vid View Post

What gives?

I can't come up with a clear pattern from what you posted. If I was troubleshooting such a thing I would ask different questions and try to determine which of the following might be the most likely cause:

- Hardware issue (burner problem or burner firmware)
- Media issue (including poor quality or damage from handling)
- Software related problem (authoring or burning)

Quote:

Firmware updates make it even worse. Half of all my work is now playable only on the computer burner they were made on.

Are you saying that Blu-ray writable discs you burned months ago, which played on the BX1 and BX57, no longer play on the same players? I have read about and seen players perform differently depending on firmware, but generally I consider it rather uncommon. My Sony BDP-S1 on the latest firmware still plays Blu-ray writable media.

I have some serious doubts that Sony would remove Blu-ray writable media playback from two players. I expect the HDMV download from my signature to play from BD-RE or BD-R media (don't use BD-R LTH Type) on Sony players. If the HDMV download would fail to play on a Sony player from BD-R or BD-RE, then I would have to expect burner or media problems.

Quote:

My customers are going to crucify me if they find out their Blu Ray discs in time are no good.

My computer experience has taught me that any important information should have a backup. I have had hard disks fail, and I have had some Blu-ray writable discs stop playing. As long as there's a good copy of correctly-authored video, all you have to do is to burn a new disc and it should play in any of the many players that can play BD-R or BD-RE discs.
post #2400 of 2482 Old 06-09-2011, 05:43 AM

I have a pioneer bluray drive that i have connected to my PC via USB and backed up movies like "Losers" (example). Now I ended up with the 2 folders (BDMV & Certificate)... burnt them with 'Imgburn' then 20 mins into the movies i get a message that the audio has been temporally muted by a company called 'Cinavia'? anyone know about this?

thanks! apologies if this has already been posted
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page