My Blu-Ray Movie Burning Experiences... - Page 81 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2482 Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
multiavchd requires AVISynth to be installed to prevent crashes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2482 Old 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie View Post
fellows
I have a question
I have bluray movies two of them are same tittle(two different audio)
I made a back up of those two movies as movie only
now my question i want to make two audio onto one disc is it possible
anybody
post #2403 of 2482 Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie View Post
anybody
You would probably need a program that can author audio with multiple tracks. I'm not familiar with multi-AVCHD or tsMuxer capabilities, but the semi-professional authoring software like Encore or Sony Vegas can do multiple audio tracks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2404 of 2482 Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroes89 View Post

I have a pioneer bluray drive that i have connected to my PC via USB and backed up movies like "Losers" (example). Now I ended up with the 2 folders (BDMV & Certificate)... burnt them with 'Imgburn' then 20 mins into the movies i get a message that the audio has been temporally muted by a company called 'Cinavia'? anyone know about this?

thanks! apologies if this has already been posted

There is a thread about Cinavia somewhere around here. DVDFab has some info on their web site. It is a "watermark" in the sound track and the playback device has to support Cinavia and not all player do support it so far, so you can get a different player for now. Say thank you Sony.

Mike T

Size Matters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2405 of 2482 Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtallent View Post

There is a thread about Cinavia somewhere around here. DVDFab has some info on their web site. It is a "watermark" in the sound track and the playback device has to support Cinavia and not all player do support it so far, so you can get a different player for now. Say thank you pirates.

Mike T

Fixed

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #2406 of 2482 Old 06-11-2011, 11:02 PM

hmm... So I can't make back-ups of my BluRay movies which I've personally PURCHASED with my blank BluRay discs which also I PURCHASED with real money.... and I can't play them on a PS3 which is probably the most popular BluRay player out on the market? THANKS SONY! selfish tbh... aslong they get there money, there're not bothered about other companys like where I get my BluRay burner which again I also purchased and my movies...
post #2407 of 2482 Old 06-12-2011, 06:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroes89 View Post

hmm... So I can't make back-ups of my BluRay movies which I've personally PURCHASED with my blank BluRay discs which also I PURCHASED with real money.... and I can't play them on a PS3 which is probably the most popular BluRay player out on the market? THANKS SONY! selfish tbh... aslong they get there money, there're not bothered about other companys like where I get my BluRay burner which again I also purchased and my movies...

Actually, no, you can't. Not legally, here in the US, anyway. It doesn't mean it's not possible, it just means that you really shouldn't advertise the fact.

BTW, a BD burner can burn more than rips of BD movies. I use mine for backups and BDAV and MVs of my HD camcorder stuff, like our recent trip to Disney World.

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #2408 of 2482 Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM

Liked: 11
I'm backing up my BD collection to HDDs in order to be able to play them just in case a disc gets damaged and unplayable. My Oppo BDP-93 is capable of reading the back ups I make either with AnyDVD HD or DVDFab 8 from the HDD as if the actual disc was inside of the player, menus, bonus material, languaje and scenes selection, everything. Except for Fight Club. The actual disc plays fine, the back up doesn't, a menu screen appears saying that my player need a firmware update, tricky, isn't it?
Any help? Thanks in advance.
post #2409 of 2482 Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieVanHalen View Post
I'm backing up my BD collection to HDDs in order to be able to play them just in case a disc gets damaged and unplayable. My Oppo BDP-93 is capable of reading the back ups I make either with AnyDVD HD or DVDFab 8 from the HDD as if the actual disc was inside of the player, menus, bonus material, languaje and scenes selection, everything. Except for Fight Club. The actual disc plays fine, the back up doesn't, a menu screen appears saying that my player need a firmware update, tricky, isn't it?
Any help? Thanks in advance.
Did you do the FW update? Is there even one?

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #2410 of 2482 Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
Did you do the FW update? Is there even one?

Seggers
Yes, my Oppo BDP-93 has the latest firmware.
I backed up the disc as BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders, should I try doing an ISO? I don't know if the Oppo BDP-93 can play BD ISOs.
post #2411 of 2482 Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 AM

Hello all I'm pretty new to the htpc world having built my first one a few weeks ago....I have been backing up my 3D blu rays and I cant seem to get them to play properly on tmt5. I get about 5-10 mins in and tmt stops responding and I have to close the program...this has happened with Avatar and Tron...I have tried playing it as an iso and has a regular rip file but no luck I'm using amd 6870 graphics card with the lastest driver update from amd...Any Help would be greatly apprieated
post #2412 of 2482 Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballers34 View Post

Hello all I'm pretty new to the htpc world having built my first one a few weeks ago....I have been backing up my 3D blu rays and I cant seem to get them to play properly on tmt5. I get about 5-10 mins in and tmt stops responding and I have to close the program...this has happened with Avatar and Tron...I have tried playing it as an iso and has a regular rip file but no luck I'm using amd 6870 graphics card with the lastest driver update from amd...Any Help would be greatly apprieated

Do you have a BD burner and a 50Gb BD_RE in that PC as well? If so burn one of your rips and see if that works.

Also, you don't mention if the originals have the same issue. What OS are you using? Have you turned off any AV type stuff, stopping that from interferring with the transfer? How are you transfering, HDMI cable, HDMI over cat 5, over the air? What else is running on the PC when it crashes?

Also, you might want to go look in the HTPC section and see if anyone else has had your issue.

Seggers

post #2413 of 2482 Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys I have a quick question.
I have many of my Blu rays on my hard drive in iso format. What is the easiest way to re-encode these to DVD format so I can burn DVD's to take on a long road trip for the kids. Is there a way?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin C.
post #2414 of 2482 Old 07-11-2011, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Coleman View Post

Hey guys I have a quick question.
I have many of my Blu rays on my hard drive in iso format. What is the easiest way to re-encode these to DVD format so I can burn DVD's to take on a long road trip for the kids. Is there a way?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin C.

I forget the exact software but it's something like "MULTIAVHD" that could do that.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #2415 of 2482 Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 AM

I'm trying to back up my Pacific BR movies onto 25g discs. I'm using the free version of DVDfab. Each Disc of The Pacific has 2 one-hours episodes. W/ dvdfab you can only select one stream to backup. It's not like DVDShrink's re-author mode where you can just put whatever stream you want on the disc and hit burn.

Ultimately, I would like to just have the 2 episodes on 1 disc since it will fit on a 25g BD-R. So, I thought, what if I rip each movie episode separately and combine them? So I went into the folder of the movie for the second episode, copied the .m2TS file and pasted it into the STREAM folder in the first movie. I thought that it would play each episode consecutively. But it did not. I would imagine that I would have to do something with those other folders "Backup, Certificate, etc" folders.

Can this be done?
post #2416 of 2482 Old 07-21-2011, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by templetun View Post

Can this be done?

There are various ways to modify Blu-ray playback. The following are just a few programs. MultiAVCHD can author a menu and a way to select between different video files, or there's also a reauthor feature. TSmuxer can probably either join video clips or play them back to back without a menu, but it doesn't offer all the features of MultiAVCHD. There are other programs like BD-Rebuilder, but I'm not familiar with DVDfab to say if that would apply to what you're trying to do.

post #2417 of 2482 Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Use DVDFab to rip to an iso. Use BD-Rebuilder to shrink the iso to fit on 25GB blu-ray. Then take the output from BD-Rebuilder and burn it to the BD with ImageBurn. Search this thread for the The Complete Blu-Ray Backup Guide, it has the step by step.
post #2418 of 2482 Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

I have read quite of bit of this thread, but did not see this particular need addressed. A good portion of my business is audio and video calibrations for high end home cinemas. Of course, I created a CD long ago with my favorite pieces for critical listening, and carry a small drive for high resolution music.

Is it possible to do something similar with multi-channel music and BluRay movie scenes?

Thanks in advance!

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
Master ARCOS Calibrator, Cedia Designer, HAA Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video
post #2419 of 2482 Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post

Is it possible to do something similar with multi-channel music and BluRay movie scenes?

Ignoring the legality, multiAVCHD can author HD video clips and there are semi-professional programs like Adobe Encore.

post #2420 of 2482 Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 PM

Hey everyone.

I recently bought Man Vs. Wild Season 4 on DVD, popped it in my Blu Ray player and was a little disappointed with the picture quality. I then saw the same episodes on my TV on Discovery Channel HD and was surprised to find that the picture quality was way better than my up converted DVD playing on my Blu Ray player. I bought other TV shows that were only available on DVD and I find that most of the time, the picture quality of the episodes that are broadcasted on HDTV are better than the up converted DVDs.

My question is, since you can buy or download TV episodes in HD, can you then burn those files on a recordable Blu Ray disc? Will the quality be better than the standard DVDs I bought? Thanks for any help regarding this matter.
post #2421 of 2482 Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Advanced Member

A standard SD DVD is 480i and has 0.307 Mpixels. A 720p picture has 0.922 Mpixels while a 1080i has 2.074 Mpixels. There are sone technical reasons why the PQ of 1080i is not twice as good as 720p. Up conversion in the DVD player or the TV (the BD player may be able to output 480i or 480p) does little to improve the picture. The PQ of good HD media is always going to be higher than that of an SD DVD. I can't answer your last quietion.

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #2422 of 2482 Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotd View Post

My question is, since you can buy or download TV episodes in HD, can you then burn those files on a recordable Blu Ray disc? Will the quality be better than the standard DVDs I bought?

Presumably you meant "when you CAN'T buy TV on HD", because if you can get them on Blu-ray, it will almost certainly have the best image quality possible.

But if you record TV shows off of HDTV, yes you can make BDs of these that will be wildly better than most off-the-shelf DVDs. In fact, if you Downconvert your HD to DVD, even those can look better than store-bought DVDs!
post #2423 of 2482 Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post

But if you record TV shows off of HDTV, yes you can make BDs of these that will be wildly better than most off-the-shelf DVDs. In fact, if you Downconvert your HD to DVD, even those can look better than store-bought DVDs!

Yep, done that and can confirm that it is all true.
post #2424 of 2482 Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 PM

I downloaded a 17.3GB mkv of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1080i. With multiAVCHD I created the necessary Blu-ray disc folders but when I attempt to create an iso with IMGBurn and then mount said iso to DaemonTools, both PowerDVD and Total Media Theater won't play it.
What did I do incorrectly?

I wonder why it works with Media Player Classic Hole Cinema x64 and not PowerDVD or Total Media?
**** no I'm not using an Apple or Mac.

Zero Interest in all things Harry Potter. Digital Copy can go screw itself.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! No more DNR/EE for film transfers!
post #2425 of 2482 Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post

I downloaded a 17.3GB mkv of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1080i. With multiAVCHD I created the necessary Blu-ray disc folders but when I attempt to create an iso with IMGBurn and then mount said iso to DaemonTools, both PowerDVD and Total Media Theater won't play it.
What did I do incorrectly?

I wonder why it works with Media Player Classic Hole Cinema x64 and not PowerDVD or Total Media?
**** no I'm not using an Apple or Mac.

Dude! Where did u get 17.3 GB file?
post #2426 of 2482 Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Dude! Where did you get 17.3 GB file?

Sent you a PM.
I'd much rather make Blu-rays which offer better grain structure, from HDTV broadcasts as interims and HD DVD to Blu-rays compared to making copies of already released titles.
Or maybe with Ferris Bueller's Day Off remove the Spanish dub and add John Hughes commentary.

Zero Interest in all things Harry Potter. Digital Copy can go screw itself.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! No more DNR/EE for film transfers!
post #2427 of 2482 Old 09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

sorry if this has been posted before. I couldn't find it in the 81 pages. I made a direct copy of my blu-ray movie using DVDFab Blu Ray copy and it burned OK. However, when I go to play the movie on the newly burned BD only the menu plays. Any ideas as to why this happens and how to fix it?

post #2428 of 2482 Old 09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,
I have a whole bunch of HDV (Source HDR-HC1/5 Camcorders) home movies I want to transfer from tape to BR. I just bought a new PC running Win7 and have an LG BR burner. What do you suggest for software? I have used Movie Factory 5 in the past it was ok for dvd and hddvd. I am open to other platforms. I do not do alot of editing. My goal is to get everything on BR.

Thank you.

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here --->
good times!

post #2429 of 2482 Old 09-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Would it be possible to take the superior Mondo transfer of The Good, the Bad and The Ugly (which is only in Italian) and edit out the extra material that is not in the U.S. release and use the English audio track from the MGM release to create an English version of the Mondo release?

Has anyone done this?
post #2430 of 2482 Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp Jones View Post

Hi,
I have a whole bunch of HDV (Source HDR-HC1/5 Camcorders) home movies I want to transfer from tape to BR. I just bought a new PC running Win7 and have an LG BR burner. What do you suggest for software? I have used Movie Factory 5 in the past it was ok for dvd and hddvd. I am open to other platforms. I do not do alot of editing. My goal is to get everything on BR.

I have Ulead's MF6+ (with HD add-ons) and it does a nice job making Blu-rays. You can probably find that for cheap somewhere.

The latest is I believe MF7 but I don't think it offers much if anything over MF6+.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page