My Blu-Ray Movie Burning Experiences... - Page 83 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2461 of 2482 Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just recently bought some workout DVDs. I would like to copy them to blank DVDs. Are there any good free software programs to do this? Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 2482 Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdpw View Post

I just recently bought some workout DVDs. I would like to copy them to blank DVDs. Are there any good free software programs to do this? Thanks guys!

a plethora - DVDFab for one..the defunct DVDShrink

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #2463 of 2482 Old 12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would like to extract special effect portion of movies. I have dvdfab. I never tried extracting before. Is dvdfab good for this? I believe I should use blu-ray ripper. It seems it supports to extract as MKV, M2TS and vob. Not sure which one is good

What is the best software and best way and format to clip portions of blu-ray without loosing quality of audo or video.

Thanks,
sukumar
post #2464 of 2482 Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

I would like to extract special effect portion of movies. I have dvdfab. I never tried extracting before. Is dvdfab good for this? I believe I should use blu-ray ripper. It seems it supports to extract as MKV, M2TS and vob. Not sure which one is good

What is the best software and best way and format to clip portions of blu-ray without loosing quality of audo or video.

Thanks,
sukumar

DVDFAB will do what you need and can rip to a variety of formats so it depends on what you're going to use to watch it and what you're going to watch it on.
I rip my BDs to .ts files on my popcorn hour and stream them from there. HD video and audio.

post #2465 of 2482 Old 12-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Liked: 10
hello,
couldn't find a general questions area on this site, so I guess I should ask here.

I am new to the world of HT and I am wondering how I should go about creating my library.
should I stick to purchasing Blu ray disc and watching them through the standalone player or should I be ripping them and watching off my HDD?

is the Quality effected? which is the best viewing experience?
seeing I am investing a lot of money into this, I don't want to spend a lot of money on everything and then make a stupid viewing mistake on something cheap and easy as ripping vs playing..

because I don't currently own a projector yet, I have never noticed the difference on a grand scale of viewing. I have compared it on my Flatscreen
but I want to know if there is a huge difference viewing on a large screen or not.
I am guessing ripped BD's would be inferior in quality compared to original disc's because when you rip it the size of the file is reduced.. so the quality is also right?

anyway I don't know much about this. so if someone could let me know which the best viewing experience, ripped or original discs. I would really appreciate it.. thank you for your time
post #2466 of 2482 Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If an ISO is ripped to a HDD or a blank Blu-ray disc without the use of any compression, there is no quality loss whatsoever. In some instances, extras and foreign soundtracks can be omitted in order to save space, i.e., ripping only the main title and leaving everything else behind.

Programs such as Anydvd by Slysoft or DVD Fab are quite capable at this sort of thing.
post #2467 of 2482 Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 AM

I am new to coping blu ray movies, I have a collection of them and i want to make copies of them, I usually download copies of them online but I no longer want to download them. Instead I bought a blu ray burner and want to know what I need to know and get to make copies of blu ray movies. I would like to make 2 copies, one to a blu ray disc, and another copy to save to my hard drive I have hooked up to my ps3. I want to know what's the best program to make perfect copies of the blu ray movies so that it doesn't loss picture quality? Iv heard that some programs do such a bad job that the movie looks like a standard dvd. Also what's the difference between a ripper and decrypter? Please any help will me appreciated.
post #2468 of 2482 Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy1222 View Post

I am new to coping blu ray movies, I have a collection of them and i want to make copies of them, I usually download copies of them online but I no longer want to download them. Instead I bought a blu ray burner and want to know what I need to know and get to make copies of blu ray movies. I would like to make 2 copies, one to a blu ray disc, and another copy to save to my hard drive I have hooked up to my ps3. I want to know what's the best program to make perfect copies of the blu ray movies so that it doesn't loss picture quality? Iv heard that some programs do such a bad job that the movie looks like a standard dvd. Also what's the difference between a ripper and decrypter? Please any help will me appreciated.

rippers simply rip the file/image - decrypters remove the 'keys' that allow you to watch the ripped file on any device. See the posts just above yours for software that does both.

post #2469 of 2482 Old 12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 929
what program is the best for copying a bluray to your hardrive?

What is the highest quality? MKV?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #2470 of 2482 Old 01-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

I've been out of the loop on movie backups for a while.

Is it currently easy/possible to do 1:1 copying of blu ray movies from BD to BD using a BD burner?

Is copy protection much of an issue?
post #2471 of 2482 Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_BomB View Post

I've been out of the loop on movie backups for a while.

Is it currently easy/possible to do 1:1 copying of blu ray movies from BD to BD using a BD burner?

Is copy protection much of an issue?

Copy protection "is" the issue. You need software to decrypt it if you hope to use the copied BD on any device. There are software packs out there that take care of this (Slysoft's ANYDVDHD and DVDFab are two).
DL-BD's have yet to really come down in price. they've fallen from @$10 per disc to @$5. Single layers (movies under 25GB) are an affordable <$2 each.

post #2472 of 2482 Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Copy protection "is" the issue. You need software to decrypt it if you hope to use the copied BD on any device. There are software packs out there that take care of this (Slysoft's ANYDVDHD and DVDFab are two).
DL-BD's have yet to really come down in price. they've fallen from @$10 per disc to @$5. Single layers (movies under 25GB) are an affordable <$2 each.

Thanks. Sounds painless, albeit somewhat expensive still.

It would be nice if the media dropped in price like DVD's did...
post #2473 of 2482 Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Hello everyone, I'm need for some advice that I can't quite figure out on my own 100% (not easily anyhow). I have been ripping, encoding, remuxing, transcoding, compressing, you name it, to nearly ever video codec you can imagine for several years now, so as you may assume/imagine, this request will be for either a difficult task, very specific task or both lol.

I have been ripping blu ray now for only about a year or less now, I have came across many apps that work very well, pretty good, decent, not so well, terrible and won't work lol The app that has seemed to do the job for me thus far via trial and error of all rest is DVDfab, but, as well as all of you know, once you have an addiction to something (home theater and movies lol) you (at least me in this situation) cant stop screwing with stuff till its PERFECT for mine/your liking. This is where my concern comes to play.

My concern is actually with subtitles. Now, I have been ripping blu ray up till last night via dvdfab and converting to MKV and all has worked so far (again except for my subtitle problem) however after doing some reading and experimenting around, I have found it to be a better idea to rip M2TS "pass through" while checking the subtitle box "display only forced subpicture". Now I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but the results are NOT giving me what I want as the subtitles are still there constantly throughout the movie (obviously I don't want that.

Now here's the thing. During the DVD era, I used DVD decrypted and DVD shrink and voila everything fine. Now, unfortunately, I stream virtually everything to ps3 but soon will be replaced by an HTPC running xbmc live. I am extremely flexible in the sense that I do NOT need a single program to do all this for me (I used 3 programs most of the time for doing DVDs) so my request is simple (and probably could have been address alone at the beginning without any of this lol).

I need suggestion as to what program(s) to used in order to rip a blu ray (regardless of format) into a file (here's the important part) that will show subtitles that will display on tv ONLY WHEN NEEDED (i.e. when actor speaks in language other then English and you need to read what they are saying) that all I need and I have NO problem using multiple programs to accomplish this, but DO what the subtitles permanantly burned into the video file.

Sorry about this looooooong post but I knew if I was going to get an answer, I need both an excellent source of advice AND to provide specifics.
post #2474 of 2482 Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Check the HTPC sub forum. Plenty of information over there.

post #2475 of 2482 Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What is the best format/size of a movie etc to burn to bluray disc, to be played in a stand alone player.
My kids destroy stuff easily. So, for DVD's I would rip them to the hardrive then burn them to DVD-R so they can have. When they destory them, I would just burn another copy.
Now, we have started upgrading to BluRays. I didnt realize some of these discs are up to 25GB, I guess I can put more than one blu ray disc on a disc.
post #2476 of 2482 Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Someone PLEASE HELP

I just brought a external blu ray burner for my macbook pro and would like to make copies of my movies onto a blu ray disc. I have toast 11 with BD plug in. Most of my videos are in MKV formats. When trying to burn toast automatically starts to encode the video (which is 8Gb or higher, depending on the video) and it just takes FOREVER. Can't I just burn the MKV file to the blu ray disc without it going thru the encoding process or does it have to convert it to a different video format? I don't have a pc I only use Mac. What are my options? The movies are 1080P and already h.246 and I don't want too lose any quality. Someone pleaseee give me advice.

Thank You VERY much.
post #2477 of 2482 Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 AM

[I didnt realize some of these discs are up to 25GB, I guess I can put more than one blu ray disc on a disc.[/quote]

Most likely not. Some Blu-ray movies consume 25GB or even more for double layer Blu-ray discs which are 50GB.
post #2478 of 2482 Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM

You can try Leawo BluRay Creator. They were among first in this king of software. And still the best.
post #2479 of 2482 Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 AM

I recently purchased a concert blu ray. Is there any way to copy only the audio onto CD? Or is there somewhere I can take the blu ray to get this done?
ps- the concert I purchased was not available in CD.
Thanks.
post #2480 of 2482 Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrev View Post

I recently purchased a concert blu ray. Is there any way to copy only the audio onto CD? Or is there somewhere I can take the blu ray to get this done?

ps- the concert I purchased was not available in CD.

Thanks.
Yes, there is a way to copy audio only onto CD. You will need some tools.
post #2481 of 2482 Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 PM

I am trying to find the audio bitrate of MKV files. I tried using Mediainfo, but no matter what file I give it to, it just seems to read 509kbps, which I know for a fact is incorrect. I have a 30 GB file of a 2.5 hr movie and I am pretty sure the audio bitrate is a lot more than 509kbps. Any help?
post #2482 of 2482 Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try tsMuxeR it will list the bit rates.

Mike T
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page