Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 579 Old 02-19-2013, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R_STL View Post

It's got some establishing shots at the beginning and end that are pretty nice, but it's mostly about the band. Unlike the Adele concert, there are continuous cuts of footage that are 3 to 4 seconds in length, enabling even non ADD-afflicted viewers to enjoy the show wink.gif

I see a lot of criticism of that Adele concert, but I must be ADD enough to have not noticed or minded much. (the handiwork of the talents on Vimeo do get to me a bit when they pack in every trick they know in 2 minutes – so, I’m familiar with the critique; not that I don’t appreciate how talented the guys are on there)

I haven’t honestly been keeping up with the band and their music despite seeing the talk and awards. I saw they were on the same chart as an unknown duo that I’m a fan of who hit #1 with their latest album. So, I’m guessing I might really like it if I took the time to check it out.

Shame they didn’t really feature the venue more – it was everything I had thought it would be from what I had heard of it. I’ll still have to check it out though. I need a new Bluray concert disc. I even pulled out my Norah Jones and Diana Krall DVDs over the weekend to watch on the new set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 579 Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfwd View Post

I see a lot of criticism of that Adele concert, but I must be ADD enough to have not noticed or minded much. (the handiwork of the talents on Vimeo do get to me a bit when they pack in every trick they know in 2 minutes – so, I’m familiar with the critique; not that I don’t appreciate how talented the guys are on there)

I haven’t honestly been keeping up with the band and their music despite seeing the talk and awards. I saw they were on the same chart as an unknown duo that I’m a fan of who hit #1 with their latest album. So, I’m guessing I might really like it if I took the time to check it out.

Shame they didn’t really feature the venue more – it was everything I had thought it would be from what I had heard of it. I’ll still have to check it out though. I need a new Bluray concert disc. I even pulled out my Norah Jones and Diana Krall DVDs over the weekend to watch on the new set.

The editing on Adele is particularly annoying to me, because it looks like the editor didn't have faith in the performer's ability to interest the audience, as if they were saying "this music is boring, so I better show 50 angles in 60 seconds". That aside, it's great.

If you just got a new set, all the more reason to get Mumford at Red Rocks. It would show well on anything, but it's made for a big screen and big sound.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #573 of 579 Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 147
multi-channel. heaven...eek.gif

loves...home theather/music/football:)
post #574 of 579 Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM

Liked: 11
I got the Mumford and Sons Red Rock in last night and watched it. It’s particularly of interest to me as I made a tour of Colorado last summer on my Harley and hit the Red Rock Amphitheater about a month prior to this concert. Catching an Emmylou Harris, Steve Martin, and Arlo Guthrie show there. Wearing my ‘This Machine Kills Fascists’ (Woody Guthrie) t-shirt (disclaimer; I’m not claiming to be the world’s biggest authority on any of these artists).

I was actually pretty keen to just see any show at Red Rocks as I have heard about it over the years here and there. Mumford and Sons makes a pretty big point of it too as being noted as one of the most spectacular venues to play. As it was already mentioned here; the venue itself probably could have been featured more dramatically/artfully on this disc, but it gives you some idea of what it’s like anyway. I was really impressed to see it in person anyway and that was after over a week of Harley riding through Colorado’s best scenic roads.

I haven’t been tuned into Mumford and Sons all that much beyond seeing all of the accolades they have achieved recently. I’m not expressly familiar with their music, but the genre makes a pretty entertaining live performance experience. I might wish that upright bass was more predominant personally; I specifically chose a sealed sub for tighter musicality over fx. Lots of drums/percussion though that gave it a workout.

As a side note to my Red Rocks Amphitheater visit; I stopped by the Columbine Memorial the next morning wearing my t-shirt from the night before. The backstory not just me being from Oklahoma and some feeling of kinship to Arlo and/or Woody Guthrie, but more of homage to music generally that I believe took a bad rap for links to inspiration of Columbine and the suicides that Ozzy Osbourne took the blame for in the 80s(?), etc.

If you look at the date and time stamp on my photo you’ll notice it was the morning before the Aurora Theater shootings. You can interpret that however you like; an exceptionally bizarre coincidence, etc. I personally felt like it was somehow more than an exceptionally bizarre coincidence.

It defiantly added to the mystique of my visit to the Red Rocks for me in the very least….. sorry if that was an overshare, but thought I would tell my Red Rocks Amphitheater experience story.

Colorado Summer 2012 657_2 by Fastfwd01, on Flickr
post #575 of 579 Old 03-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The Slash & Myles Kennedy live in Sydney 2012 show NEEDS to come out on bluray! Check out Anastasia live. The outtro is superb. You can stream the entire show HERE The quality of the videography and audio from this clip makes me suspect a bluray release is planned. If anyone has any additional info, please pass it along.

post #576 of 579 Old 03-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa: Live in Amsterdam

Awesome Blues Rock. DTSMA 5.1 audio. Can't go wrong if you want to work out your system. Video is great, too wink.gif

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #577 of 579 Old 03-30-2014, 01:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa: Live in Amsterdam

Awesome Blues Rock. DTSMA 5.1 audio. Can't go wrong if you want to work out your system. Video is great, too wink.gif

S~

Pretty amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.
post #578 of 579 Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Glad you enjoyed. Two of my favorites. Even better when they collaborate. Wish they would have got the Grammy, though. I've seen Joe countless times. Never had the opportunity to see Beth live. She never gets to this part of the woods. Maybe one day.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #579 of 579 Old 04-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Elvis "That's the Way It Is" is coming out on Bluray. Definately a release day purchase!
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page