Master Anime on Blu Ray Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #601 of 609 Old 07-07-2016, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Only Yesterday....a Studio Ghibli film by Isao Takahata was released this week on blu. I trust you all got your copies?
HPQ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 609 Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 32
According to The Digital Bits, FUNimation announced at SDCC that they have the rights to Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, and are planning to reissue it some time from now on Blu-ray and DVD. No exact time frame has been given yet, but it would be nice to see this back in print.
aaronwt and jskang like this.

post #603 of 609 Old 07-27-2016, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineWalker View Post
According to The Digital Bits, FUNimation announced at SDCC that they have the rights to Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, and are planning to reissue it some time from now on Blu-ray and DVD. No exact time frame has been given yet, but it would be nice to see this back in print.
That's good news. I hadn't heard that. I hope it gets better treatment than the Anchor Bay 25th anniversary BD edition of GITS received. I wasn't aware of the issues of it when I bought it. But, I also own every previous R1 release of GITS so I'm not lacking for options either.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the release by Funimation of the two seasons of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!
post #604 of 609 Old 07-27-2016, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 177
GITS2 better get a proper dubbin or there will be fists a flyin! While we're on the topic, where is the Blu-Ray release of the GITS TV show? That one is a no-brainer and all they gotta do is put the package together with the Bandai stuff that they picked up ages ago.
post #605 of 609 Old 08-24-2016, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 103
What are the chances of the Naruto series coming to Blu Ray. I refuse to buy the DVDs because I just know it will come back to bite me!

I see DBZ has blu rays and even Bleach just got a Blu Ray released so this at least gives me some hope
post #606 of 609 Old 08-24-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Naruto - apart from the movies - doesn't really exist in HD form because the show was done in SD and later switched to HD down the line, so no series Blu-Ray release will ever exist.
post #607 of 609 Old 08-25-2016, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
Naruto - apart from the movies - doesn't really exist in HD form because the show was done in SD and later switched to HD down the line, so no series Blu-Ray release will ever exist.
How come DBZ made it's way to Blu Ray? It's only a matter a of time. I'd bet you anything that it'll come.... it's not a matter of IF it is more of a WHEN.
post #608 of 609 Old 08-26-2016, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
How come DBZ made it's way to Blu Ray? It's only a matter a of time. I'd bet you anything that it'll come.... it's not a matter of IF it is more of a WHEN.

DBZ is much older and was created the old fashioned way, so it was a simple matter of scanning and restoring/retouching the frames for HD. Naruto was done in the early 2K years, so it most likely was done digitally, but certainly not in HD until the end. Apparently, the chubs behind Naruto did go back and "re-do" the show in HD as an alternative version of the Naruto anime, with heavy cuts and restructuring, but information on that is sketchy and contradictory, and it doesn't seem to be a legit remastering of the show.
post #609 of 609 Old 08-26-2016, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
DBZ was mastered to 16mm film which can be scanned to HD resolution. Naruto was rendered in SD resolution and mastered to SD digital tape so the best you'll ever see is upconverts.

Last edited by eric.exe; 08-26-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Trigun Badlands Rumble , Redline Blu Ray Widescreen , Flcl Complete Series Blu Ray , Evangelion 1 11 You Are Not Alone Blu Ray Widescreen , Summer Wars Blu Ray Widescreen , Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Evangelion 2 22 You Can Not Advance Blu Ray Widescreen , Castle In The Sky Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Howls Moving Castle Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Ponyo Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page