Master Anime on Blu Ray Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

post #721 of 723 Old 09-12-2017, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post
Are you writing about the live action film, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or the original tv series?
The live action film, hence the it's "not exactly anime" qualifier......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (811.3 KB, 4 views)

5.2.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 723 Old Today, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 294

I bit the bullet and bought Sword Art Online Season 1 on Blu-Ray... It retails for $200 and I was able to get it for $160 from Rightstufanime... I was surprised that the 25 episodes came on eight discs plus an additional disc with the Sword Art Online Extra Edition movie. Each 25 minute episode was about seven GB in size which is pretty huge for an anime release. In comparison, the Gate anime had 24 episodes on only three discs.

The disc release has a beautiful transfer. The audio defaults in English but does have the Japanese soundtrack as well. The only irritating thing is that all the episodes are on a single file on the disc. So you have three episodes listed as one 21GB file.

While I really liked SOA season 1 (actually mostly the first 12 episodes), I thought that season 2 was a let down. I think I will pass on season 2 if it gets released. if anyone considered the Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale movie, I liked the visuals but thought the movie was a let down... It will be released on disc on 12/19/2017.

I really would like to buy Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works as well but find that the asking price of $500 retail is a bit too steep...
HPQ likes this.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #723 of 723 Old Today, 11:15 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Nice set. I never saw SAO.. Will have to add it to my watch list.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Trigun Badlands Rumble , Redline Blu Ray Widescreen , Flcl Complete Series Blu Ray , Evangelion 1 11 You Are Not Alone Blu Ray Widescreen , Summer Wars Blu Ray Widescreen , Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Evangelion 2 22 You Can Not Advance Blu Ray Widescreen , Castle In The Sky Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Howls Moving Castle Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Ponyo Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page