post #21811 of 21819 Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post
This new update (not sure if it's mobile version only) is so
S L O W...Also is anyone else have trouble getting the master list page to open?
Another awful upgrade for mobile users!

Sorry to hear about your tweeter

But glad you liked Need for Speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21812 of 21819 Old Today, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
I totally agree. Need for Speed Audio and video= WOW! I would be inclined to rank it even a tick higher.

In fact the surround action may have been a bit too good. Think I blew out my tweeters
I tend to dial action soundtracks back for fear of damaging something. Some of these surround monsters run very hot. The woofers can usually take it.
post #21813 of 21819 Old Today, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
I totally agree. Need for Speed Audio and video= WOW! I would be inclined to rank it even a tick higher.

In fact the surround action may have been a bit too good. Think I blew out my tweeters
Sorry to read about your tweeters! That was a loud soundtrack, so I lowered my volume to -12. I will normally listen much closer to reference, usually around -5 or -6. Perhaps this saved some of my tweeters!

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #21814 of 21819 Old Today, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would agree with Phantom on this. It seemed to me that the issue was inherent in the photography itself.
You and Phantom may very well be right, but I'm still not understanding how that's possible. Is it a misuse of the camera by the cameraman while shooting a scene? Or is it due to other factors involved in the photography? I know they used the Arri Alexa throughout the shooting and normally this results in a very consistent picture. Again, in several scenes it would be sharp with good depth and then, all-of-a-sudden, it would turn soft and flat. There wasn't a change of scenery or lighting involved, so what factor(s), involved in the photography, could cause this to happen?

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #21815 of 21819 Old Today, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

We have company tonight and hope to view The Amazing Spider-Man 2. But we're all die-hard Vikings fans so we will be watching at least the first half of the Vikings game first. We're obviously in for a long night and I may not get to reviewing it until sometime tomorrow.

post #21816 of 21819 Old Today, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

There are so many possible complicating factors it's hard to say with any certainty.
post #21817 of 21819 Old Today, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky_g View Post
Another awful upgrade for mobile users!

But glad you liked Need for Speed!
Yes Russ, it is indeed an "awful upgrade for mobile users!" In fact, I avoid checking the Forum with my iPhone 5 due to this.

I'm so impressed with Need For Speed that I'm going to buy it; that is, after they lower the price a bit. It's almost $25 on Amazon and I refuse to pay for $20 for a Blu-ray these days unless it's an exceptional title.

post #21818 of 21819 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Here are the comments on the Video on Divergent from Hi-Def Digest:

The Video: Sizing Up the Picture

Shot entirely on the Arri Alexa series of digital HD cameras, 'Divergent' debuts on Blu-ray with a flat and boring 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 encode that deviates from expectations.

On the whole, the presentation is pretty good with plenty of sharp detailing in the clothes, buildings and surrounding foliage. Facial complexions appear natural and warm with strong lifelike textures during close-ups. The overall palette seems deliberately limited, but primaries remain true and full-bodied. Sadly, the freshly-minted transfer is also a bit inconsistent with many noticeably blurry scenes, likely thanks to poor CGI effects, and contrast that wavers often from spot-on to bland. Blacks are generally murky and grayish, though there a few sequences which appear accurate. At times, the 2.40:1 image comes with a good deal of depth but will suddenly turn lackluster and dull within the same conversation. Most problematic is the many instances of glaringly obvious banding
. (End of Quote)

Notice that his viewing experience mirrors my own in that he too saw an image with good depth but then it suddenly turned "lackluster and dull within the same conversation."

post #21819 of 21819 Old Today, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
High Definition , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page