post #21901 of 21901 Old Today, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie on all levels. The picture quality on this bluray is fantastic throughout.
The picture is without major flaw and has zero grain. Clarity and details are some of the best I have seen in recent memory, particularly on midrange and close shots of people and faces. Contrast is very strong and black levels are generally excellent save for a couple indoor shots that had slightly murky blacks. Shadow detail is impressive. The color pallet is slightly subdued but still well balanced with punchy primaries when called upon. Skin tones appear natural.

There are a quite a few images in this movie that are stunning. A couple memorable shots may be some of my new faves.

As a side note the audio is also great.

If not for the black levels slipping on a couple occasions I would rank it even higher but still...

Ranking-TIER 0 (about .40)

Viewed on 60" Panasonic ST60 from a distance of 5.5 feet.
BIB: This is a stunning transfer. Amazing quality. HOWEVER, for some weird reason the office scene with Rogers and Fury had pitiful black levels and the image looked hopelessly flat. I actually stopped it to be sure something hadn't gone wrong with my projector. This definitely puts it out of Tier 0. But other than that incredible detail throughout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
High Definition , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List