Forum Jump: 
 77Likes

post #21961 of 21964 Old 10-22-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I don't have The Signal's Blu-ray but someone did give me the UltraViolet copy. I'll have to bump it towards the top of my queue after your recommendation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21962 of 21964 Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
I don't have The Signal's Blu-ray but someone did give me the UltraViolet copy. I'll have to bump it towards the top of my queue after your recommendation.
I'm quite sure you'll enjoy it Phantom. I liked the pace and the suspense, and the acting was superb, especially that of Brenton Thwaites (the young lead actor who looks a lot like Josh Hartnick!) who gives an excellent performance. Laurence Fishburne can always be counted on to deliver a good performance and he was true to form here. BTW, I should have mentioned in my review, when commenting on the amazing facial close-ups, that Mr. Fishburne has a face made for Hi Def, much like that of Morgan Freeman or Tommy Lee Jones (filled with pores, age marks, wrinkles, etc).
fredxr2d2 likes this.

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #21963 of 21964 Old 10-23-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I decided to watch The Signal again before returning it to the video store and I was even more impressed with the movie, the PQ and the AQ the second time around. I'm changing my placement from 1.75 to 1.25! All Sci-Fi aficionados...this is a MUST SEE!! I forgot to mention last night the soundtrack is awesome and gives it the perfect mood all the way through.
|Tch0rT| likes this.

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #21964 of 21964 Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I guess I need to put forth a "disclaimer" regarding The Signal. I was curious as to what others were saying about this movie so I visited Amazon.com where there were dozens of reviews. The average was only 3 Stars with many naysayers complaining about 1) the slow pace, or 2) the terrible plot, or 3) the confusing ending. For me, I found I was in good company with a fair number of 4 or 5 Star reviewers who loved the 1) suspenseful-pacing, 2) the non-conventional plot, and 3) the mind-blowing ending (which definitely left room for a sequel). I feel the vast majority of Sci-Fi fans today are jaded and have short attention spans. If they aren't treated to non-stop action and multi-million dollar CGI from start to finish (think Transformers or Avatar), they will reject a movie without giving any serious thought to what they just watched.

Anyway, I though it best to bring this out, for if you fall into the class listed above who need tons of CGI and have short attention spans, I would advise you to skip this one. But if, like me, you like something out of the ordinary which actually makes you think (and wonder what's coming next), this one is for you!

Okay, back to our normal broadcasting.

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
High Definition , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page