The New PQ Tier thread for Blu-Ray - Discussion - Page 778 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 338Likes

post #23311 of 23311 Old Today, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
That KURO of yours admirably served the PQ Tiers with many years of fine service. May it now enjoy retirement. The Sony you've chosen sounds like the perfect replacement.
Yes, the KURO was indeed an admirable "servant." As far as "retirement," I am glad my daughter and her family will be able to enjoy its excellent PQ for (hopefully) years to come.

Regarding the Sony being the perfect replacement, as you know I had my eye on the OLED technology for the last few years. But in the end I craved a big screen and LG's 77" OLED is priced somewhere in the stratosphere (at over 20k) and there was no way I would ever consider such a price (the Sony cost about 75% less). The OLED definitely has better black levels (for with it being a self-emissive display, the pixels completely turn completely black when called upon to do so) than the Sony, but they aren't without problems. There are still some uniformity issues and at times the blacks are too strong and crush detail. They also don't have as good an up-scaler as the Sony, so "all things considered," the Sony was the most practical choice. Plus, it was good enough to win 2nd place in the Flat Panel Shootout this year. I'm satisfied with "second best!"

Sony XBR75X940D....Samsung BD-H5900....Toshiba HD-A30....Onkyo TX-NR717....Roku XD....Harmony One Remote

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
High Definition , Blu Ray Movies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page