The New PQ Tier thread for Blu-Ray - Discussion - Page 801 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 558Likes

post #24001 of 24002 Old Today, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I think we can pretty much just keep melting UHD and HD discs into one list... otherwise the separate UHD list would be small, and for me who has HDR/4K compatible TV but not yet upgraded to the entirety of the HDR/4K realm I find it interesting how they compare to 1080p SDR.

I guess this is living proof that 1080p/SDR --> 4K/HDR doesn't have as big of an impact as 480p --> 1080p had. I adopted to blu-ray standard the very first moment it came out back in 2006 and I never looked back. DVDs have been unwatchable for me since 2007.

In comparison today where I am still visually pleased with regular blu-ray. Pacific Rim and GOTG:V2 i.e. look f*cking incredible and I can't imagine how they're supposed to look any better
sickkent likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24002 of 24002 Old Today, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Moana

Okay this should not be a surprise for anyone. A Reference disk from start to finish. The blues of the ocean, the greens of the grass and the reds of the fire, every primary colour on point. Dark scenes reveal perfect black of OLED, contrast is infinite and not in anyway limited. Textures are clean and the image has that "3-D" depth that we've all come to love. I've said it before and I'll say it again; another animated movie that I swear has 3840x2140p pixels to its image as labelling it "2K" doesn't do justice to how sharp and crisp the image looks. Best animated movie I have seen so far, slightly edging out the already incredible reference; Kung Fu Panda 3.

Tier recommendation: 0 (top 5!)
Phantom Stranger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
High Definition , Blu Ray Movies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page