The New PQ Tier thread for Blu-Ray - Discussion

4M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  Phantom Stranger 
#1 ·
See less See more
Reactions: Phantom Stranger
#3 ·
Placeholder

#5 ·
Blood Diamond - Tier 5. Inconsistent image throughout, and the worst parts are really, really bad.

#7 ·
I think we should start fresh on the list, it would be more work but more people would feel like their opinions were factored into the rankings.

my .02

FWIW I think the best thing about the tier list is being able to compare the PQ of movies you haven't seen with movies you have seen. (I realize that was probably the original intent, but it seems that needs to be clarified)

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephShaw /forum/post/0

Blood Diamond - Tier 5. Inconsistent image throughout, and the worst parts are really, really bad.

Is your TV calibrated ? I don't think it deserve to be any lower than Tier 2.

#10 ·
wow, im impressed. its nice to see planet earth finally getting some much needed loving. i also find myself agreeing with alot more of the placements, ie - kiss kiss bang bang. hope to see more of this!

edit - except BHD, that sucker is WAY to low. needs to be near the top.

#12 ·
Thanks for restarting.

I hope you have a thick skin!

Even though people aren't going to agree 100% with the Tier rankings, this serves as a good general reference point. Not dead-on nailing the quality, but close enough to get an idea of what looks good and what doesn't.

-Pie

#13 ·
#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush /forum/post/0

I think we should start fresh on the list, it would be more work but more people would feel like their opinions were factored into the rankings.

my .02

FWIW I think the best thing about the tier list is being able to compare the PQ of movies you haven't seen with movies you have seen. (I realize that was probably the original intent, but it seems that needs to be clarified)

I don't know about starting over, there's a lot of good info already here for reference.

I suggest that we build off this list. If folks have suggestions for titles to be repositioned, that we address them as a group.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie /forum/post/0

Thanks for restarting.

I hope you have a thick skin!

Even though people aren't going to agree 100% with the Tier rankings, this serves as a good general reference point. Not dead-on nailing the quality, but close enough to get an idea of what looks good and what doesn't.

-Pie

I don't care what people say - it'll never make everyone happy anyway. Voting will minimize things I hope. I could use a few volunteers to setup the polling threads weekly and ease the burden though; PM if interested.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 /forum/post/0

Chicken Little

Added to Tier 0

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/0

The guys started something in the HD DVD section as well. You both may want to ck to see what each other are doing and try to adopt the same system.

Ether way best of luck

Thanks for the support Alan; appreciate the input!

#19 ·
Is it AustinSTI or Fetta wannabe?

#20 ·
nice start
the hd dvd started off allot worst.

just one suggestion. dont let all the suggestions drive you nuts lol your gonna get allot of them.