think i'm done with the hdtv software forums - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
feels to me like it's now full of hd-dvd supporters trying to save their format by spamming every post with about how BD isnt finalized, doesnt have extras, blah blah blah.

i'm done reading the stuff there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Liked: 10
Want some cheese with that wine If you don't like the title thread don't open it and read it. Both formats are great and I don't see HD-DVD fanboys spamming anything, on the other hand I see more Blu-Ray fanboys spamming the death of HD-DVD......Grow up we are out of the first grade, Again if you don't like what you are reading simply move on to the next post.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 PM

Both of you make valid points
post #4 of 9 Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotburnttoast View Post

Grow up we are out of the first grade, Again if you don't like what you are reading simply move on to the next post.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-20-2007, 12:10 AM

bye bye jkcheng
post #6 of 9 Old 07-20-2007, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Both formats are great and I don't see HD-DVD fanboys spamming anything

You must not be reading many threads here in the blu-ray forum.

Quote:

on the other hand I see more Blu-Ray fanboys spamming the death of HD-DVD

It would only be spam if it were in the HD-DVD forum.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-20-2007, 01:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

goes both ways, the forums are filled with fanboy gamers who without reason pick sides in a war that doesn't even exist

-Gary
post #8 of 9 Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 AM

One of the common formulas on these forum seems to me to be:

Threads are opened stating highly irrational and overly biased points of view as if they are reasonable positions, and often with a personal story or news piece to brake the ice. More people jump into the thread offering hallow reasoning (if even that) and opinions of agreement with the OP, which to the minds of others I'm sure gives credence to those opinions. Finally reason steps in, sometimes to the defense of justice but probably more often to support the oposite format, and the delusions are squashed and countered. then the thread goes away.

However, the same topic emerges again. The same forum members jump in with the same so called "opinions" posted in agreement much like those of the last time (plus of course often a few comments in support of other talking points and mis truths) and the thread continues for as long as it takes reason and justice to show back up. Once it does rational perspective is restored and the thread goes away as the last one did.

The next day we start all over with a fresh thread that has yet to be contaminated by rational perspective and the highly emotion overly biased irrational opinion fest flourishes, for a time.

And on and on we go. Some mis truths eventually die but only after the facts involved have penetrated the majority, which can take a very long since for every fact there are at times dozens of deceptions and "opinions" to the contrary that destroy rational discourse. And they appear to die no quicker than they are replaced.

Yet what do people see when they come to this forum for a few quick opinions on what the leading community in this format war thinks? It generally isn't intellectually honest rational discussion, that gets buried and forgotten pretty quick.

There seems to be a lot of truth in the idea that when something is repeated often enough it becomes true, and many on these forums seem to practice this idea.

Think for yourself. Opinion by itself is worthless here, no matter how many seem to share it. There is a lot of money in this media war and I think the magnitude of the disagreement here reflects that, and I strongly believe all is not as it appears on this battlefield - wars are rarely fought fair.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Goodbye. This thread serves no purpose.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page