Springsteen Live in NYC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Now that it pretty much appears that Bruce Springsteen will be releasing a new CD in a couple of months with the E Street Band (rumor has it a single "Radio Nowhere" will be played on the airwaves this week). Let's hope for a Blu-Ray release to coincide with the new record with Live in NYC from 2000, full 48KHZ 5.1PCM. That should be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
+1. Also, while we're on the subject, please please give us the SPRINGSTEEN LIVE IN BARCELONA DVD on Blu-Ray as well. Those two discs are the most-often played live shows in my collection. I want a Bruce Blu-Ray Bonanza!!!

XA1 + PS3 = HD bliss
post #3 of 11 Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
As long as they do a good job. The BD of Springsteen and the Seeger sessions band in Dublin looks very bad. Worse than the actual DVD of live in NYC, believe it or not.
It's REALLY subpar, especially since thet tout proudly on the box that it was shot with "9 HD cameras!!!" Yep, and it looks bad. Someone screwed the pooch.
post #4 of 11 Old 08-07-2007, 03:51 PM

Liked: 10
LINYC was on one of the Sony Blu Ray Promos when I was at the Sony Store so I think we will be seeing it someday. It was a brilliantly shot concert film, Barcalona was probably a better show, but it was shot like a generic concert video. LINYC will benefit more from the HD treatment. (and I lost disc one of my DVD recently so I'll need to replace it)
post #5 of 11 Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels1994 View Post

Now that it pretty much appears that Bruce Springsteen will be releasing a new CD in a couple of months with the E Street Band (rumor has it a single "Radio Nowhere" will be played on the airwaves this week). Let's hope for a Blu-Ray release to coincide with the new record with Live in NYC from 2000, full 48KHZ 5.1PCM. That should be great.

Springsteen Live in NYC in BR would turn me format neutral, provided it has great PQ and AQ.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-20-2007, 01:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
The 2000 DVD has excellent PQ for a 480i disk. The AQ was also good with the exception of the funky clack coming from Max's platform.

The Barcelona DVD was severely degraded by the dreadful camera work...the European crew kept the main camera out of focus 100% of the time by overzooming on Bruce's face. Wide shots were crisp...the inside the nostril shots were out of focus. Sadly, about 75% of the shots were the zoomed out of focus shots. European camera crews are noted for this type of overzoom. Watch the London concerts on Mojo for example. At least they keep the talent in focus, the Barcelona guy must have been drunk to allow the focus to blur out and not fix it.

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

post #7 of 11 Old 10-20-2007, 02:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Agreed NYC would be great. Would also be good if they re-edited back into the correct sequence.
The Springsteen Live in Dublin with the seeger sessions band, while an amazing performance, is actually a REALLY bad looking BD. Looks worse than some SD dvd concerts, I kid you not.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

As long as they do a good job. The BD of Springsteen and the Seeger sessions band in Dublin looks very bad. Worse than the actual DVD of live in NYC, believe it or not.
It's REALLY subpar, especially since thet tout proudly on the box that it was shot with "9 HD cameras!!!" Yep, and it looks bad. Someone screwed the pooch.

Yeah I agree, this particular BD is definitely disappointing. Thank god the audio is great, which is the important part for this one. Anyone who owns this movie notice it says it's encoded in 1080i amidst what little technical info is on the back?

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

post #9 of 11 Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Is there a BD of Live in New York or not? There does not seem to be. I've got an HD version from the HBO broadcast that an AVS member sent me. Back in the D-VHS days we were trading tapes and he pulled the file off and sent it to me over something like 7 or 8 DVDs. I have those files assembled now on a hard drive playing on my MacMini but I'd really like a BD version of this concert. Anyone here have an info on the status of this one?
post #10 of 11 Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Likely there won't be one. At the end of the day its Bruce who decides what gets released. I would expect a Blu Ray of the Wrecking Ball tour sometime this year and the Born In The USA 30th anniversary Box Set in 2014.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels1994 View Post

Likely there won't be one. At the end of the day its Bruce who decides what gets released. I would expect a Blu Ray of the Wrecking Ball tour sometime this year and the Born In The USA 30th anniversary Box Set in 2014.
I find it rather irritating he is dragging out the re-mastering of his catalog.
And then when one is done, it is released as a ridiculously over-priced boxset.

I guess The Boss likes his dough...rolleyes.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page