Coping with Blu-Ray Addiction - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
 
kmiller32906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have started this thread as a support group for other self admitted Blu-Ray addicts, to help each other through these times.

The initial investment of a Blu-Ray user is at least $1000, with each subsequential fix costing at least $25 and sometimes as much as $200 a week. For me it all started with buying a PS3. I was a gamer and thought "hey cool, it has a blu-ray player too", little did I know that this feature would become me. At first it was X-Men 3, then Planet Earth, then Pirates. Now I can't even drive past a best buy without spending $60. For instance, last night when I left class, I went to best buy to buy TMNT. I ended up buying that, Shooter and Deja-Vu. I have tried to stop my addiction by repeat viewing of bad camcorder bootlegs watched on an old TV with the DVD player hooked up through a VCR and then hooked to the Dial-channel TV via coax cable. This did not help. It made me want the Ray worse. Just a fix anyway. Just a scene or two from Black Hawk Down, maybe just the Movie showcase of Pirates. Anyway, it is never enough, and my rehab tactics do not work. Even watching HD cable does not help, I still find myself combing the blu-ray section at which ever store is nearest about twice a week. Netflix just made things worse. Please, any other BR addicts, take this thread as a second home and family, we are here for each other. Leave your stories of addiction for others to learn from, and remember, your money belongs to you.
kmiller32906 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Petey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, my name is Petey and I am a Blu Ray addict...........
Petey is offline  
post #3 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
kmiller32906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi petey. Admission is the first step to recovery.
kmiller32906 is offline  
post #4 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Member
 
Sirius389's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Clifton, New Jersey
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm Nikki and I am also a Blu-Ray addict...i just got my PS3 2 weeks ago, and have bought 20 Blu-Rays since...

-Nicole
Sirius389 is offline  
post #5 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
aviators99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL, USA
Posts: 2,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was addicted to Blu-Ray before it even came out. I own only 2 DVD movies, as I could never stand watching low resolution.
aviators99 is offline  
post #6 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
dalamchops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My name is Calvin, i was originally a BD addict, but recently my condition's gotten worse, as i am now a high def media addict. SAVE ME!!!! (i'd rather not)
dalamchops is offline  
post #7 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I could be an addict if there were enough content. Can't buy something just to watch my equipment. I already know what the equipment does.
thedeskE is offline  
post #8 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
 
kmiller32906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too only owned a handful of DVD's as I only saw them fit for rental. My BR collection is 3x the size of my dvd collection.
kmiller32906 is offline  
post #9 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ckenisell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hi, I'm Chet and I'm a Blu-Ray addict. But I don't want a cure.

Chet
ckenisell is offline  
post #10 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
txfilmguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: My bachelor pad is in North Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a Blu-ray addict, though I've dabbled in HD DVD as well. It sarted out as just maybe a movie a week, maybe some extras... but it's escalladed and now I'm a 2 machine household and the PS3 is on every night of the week.
txfilmguy is offline  
post #11 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm well on my way to becoming an addict. I used to buy movies because I loved to watch them.......I buy BD's for that reason, but now I find myself also buying them just for the sake of collecting them. To me, thats the addict line!
Davio is offline  
post #12 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
 
kmiller32906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Feel free to share stories of gross overspending as well. "Honey, about the bills this month...umm....wanna watch 300?"
kmiller32906 is offline  
post #13 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jkcheng122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller32906 View Post

Netflix just made things worse.

funny you said this, b/c after watching some of the movies i rented on NFlix, i want to buy them. one particular title that comes to mind is TMNT, absolutely breathtaking visuals and a fairly decent movie to boot.
jkcheng122 is offline  
post #14 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jkcheng122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
oh, you guys know what's worse?

having BD AND DVD copies of the same movie.
jkcheng122 is offline  
post #15 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
kmiller32906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Netflix is a savior in disguise for the BR addict
kmiller32906 is offline  
post #16 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Goatspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I'm Joe and I'm a Blu Ray addict. I was a DVD addict, so you could say I have an addictive personality. I would say that DVDs were a gateway to Blu Ray for me, and once I bought a PS3 and started watching Blu Ray movies, I didn't have time or money for DVD's. Then patch 1.8 came about and I started watching 2-3 DVD movies a night on nights when supply problems and the like kept me from getting my Blu Ray fix. Sad, isn't it?
Goatspeed is offline  
post #17 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JE3146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just coped with my Blu-ray addiction at Fry's today.


Bought a 360 capacity DVD shelf unit . Only own about 180 DVD's, so the rest will go to HD media

59 Blu-rays and counting...
JE3146 is offline  
post #18 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JE3146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller32906 View Post

Feel free to share stories of gross overspending as well. "Honey, about the bills this month...umm....wanna watch 300?"


Bad idea. Putting the idea of slaughtering someone in their head after seeing the bills.. Not cool!

59 Blu-rays and counting...
JE3146 is offline  
post #19 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Adam_ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: H-Town, TX
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually, the Blu-ray exclusive studios are really helping with my addiction by releasing only a handful of catalog titles.
Adam_ME is offline  
post #20 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
gmoney80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i'm an addict of both formats which means i pay twice as much but oh well, i love hd and both formats are doing a great job.

HD-DVD COUNT:141
BLU-RAY:192
X360 GAMERTAG:trickygmoney80
gmoney80 is offline  
post #21 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jkcheng122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
just wait til fox starts releasing their titles, this thread is going to be crowded.
jkcheng122 is offline  
post #22 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
egy971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

just wait til fox starts releasing their titles, this thread is going to be crowded.

Yeah, you'd have to be an addict to buy catalog titles for $40.
egy971 is offline  
post #23 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JE3146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

just wait til fox starts releasing their titles, this thread is going to be crowded.


Between the two formats, I think I've counted atleast 40 titles I'll be buying this fall. If Fox releases many, I might as well just buy a coffin to go with it.

59 Blu-rays and counting...
JE3146 is offline  
post #24 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Joon TV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am Joon TV and I am a Blu-Ray addict. No madder how many movies I buy it will never fill how many I wish I had. I own 74 Blu-Ray movies and with the way Q4 looks, I will most likely double that number by Christmas.
Joon TV is offline  
post #25 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BTBuck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 1,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So far I have these Blu-ray's since June 06:

1-House of Flying Daggers
2-Terminator
3-Terminator 2
4-Memento
5-Punisher
6-Total Recall
7-Into the Blue
8-50 First Dates
9-Ultraviolet
10-Full Metal jacket
11-Firewall
12-Training Day
13-Underworld evolution
14-Eight Below
15-Crash
16-Stir of Echoes
17-RV
18-STEALTH
19-The Benchwarmers
20-SWAT
21-Tears of the Sun
22-Dinosaur
23-Corpse Bride
24-Four Brothers
25-Swordfish
26-Knights Tale
27-16 Blocks
28-Click
29-Gone-In-60-Seconds
30-Monster House
31-Mission Impossible 3
32-Under Siege
33-Little Man
34-Nacho Libre
35-Behind Enemy Lines
36-Black Hawk Down
37-Kingdom Of Heaven
38-X-Men III
39-Fantastic Four
40-Ice Age 2
41-The Wild
42-Talladega Nights
43-Superman RETURNS
44-Superman The Movie *
45-Enemy Of the State
46-Kung Fu Hustle
47-World Trade Center
48-Pearl harbor
49-Invincible
50-Million Dollar Baby
51-Ant Bully
52-Transporter 2
53-Crank
54-Flightplan
55-Employee of the Month
56-GoodFellas
57-Gridiron Gang
58-We Were Soldiers
59-Open Season
60-Fly Boys
61-Courage under Fire
62-The Gaurdian
63-Beerfest
64-Rambo: First Blood
65-Young Guns
66-Reservoir Dogs
67-Ladder49
68-The Departed
69-Men of Honor
70-The Prestige
71-Babel
72-Stranger Than Fiction
73-Casino Royale
74-Layercake
75-The Worlds Fastest Indian
76-Chicken Little
77-Rocky Balboa
78-Big Fish
79-The Pursuit of Happiness
80-Happy Feet
81-Identity
82-Planet Earth
83-Night At the Museum
84-Deja vu
85-Donnie Brasco
86-Revenge
87-Stomp the Yard
88-POTC: Dead Mans Chest
89-POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl
90-Apocalypto
91-Freedom Writers
92-Flags of our Fathers
93-Letter from Iwo Jima
94-Curse of the Golden Flower
95-Hellboy
96-Blood Diamond
97-Primeval
98-Ghost Rider
99-Seven Years in Tibet
100-Bridge to Terabithia
101-Hustle & Flow
102-Black Snake Moan
103-The Untouchables
104-The Patriot
105-The Warriors
106-The Fifth Element RMSTR
107-Shooter
108-300
109-TMNT
110-Vacancy
111-The Lookout



And these are on my wish list (So far)


PM-Blades Of Glory 8-28
BV-Remember The Titans 9-4
PM-Face/Off 9-11
SP- A few good men 9-18
LG-The Condemned 9-18
WB-We are Marshall 9-18
PM-Jack Ryan Collection 9-25
SP- Underworld 9-25
PM-Next 9-25
PM-TopGun 10-2
SP-Surf's Up 10-9
SP-Hallowman 10-16
BV-Meet The Robinsons 10-23
SP-Spiderman Trilogy 10-30
WB-Blade Runner 10-2007
BV-Cars The Movie 11-6
BV-Ratatouille 11-?
SP-Close Encounters Third Kind 11-13
BV-Badder Santa 11-20
BV-Pirates3 12-4
BD-ATL


Oh and lets not forget I also got these since last september (HDDVD's):

1-Ray
2-The Rundown
3-Van Helsing
4-U-571
5-Unleashed
6-Chronicles of Riddick
7-Pitch Black
8-Sahara *
9-Unforgiven
10-The Last Samurai *
11-Sea Biscuit
12-TROY
13-Constantine
14-Dukes of Hazard
15-Aeon Flux
16-The Fast & The Furious
17-2 Fast, 2 Furious *
18-The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift *
19- End of Days *
20- Batman Begins
21-Polar Express
22-Waist Deep
23-The Break Up *
24-V for Vendetta
25-King Kong
26-Water World
27-You-Me-&-Dupree
28-The Mummy
29-Hulk
30-Casino
31-The Scorpion King *
32-Fearless *
33-Miami Vice *
34-The Mummy Returns *
35-Lucky# Slevin
36-Derailed
37-Children of Men *
38-The Good Shepherd *
39-Smokin Aces
40-School For Scoundrels *
41-Forty year old virgin
42-The Matrix
43-Matrix Reloaded
44-Matrix Revolutions
45-DragonHeart
46-Phantom of the Opera
47-Bruce Almighty
48-Liar Liar
49-Harsh Times
50-The Big Lebowski
51-Bulletproof
52-Billy Madison
53-The Contract
54-Bourne Supremecy
55-Bourne Identity
56-Friday Night Lights
57-Hot Fuzz





And still want these (by years end):

Uni-Knocked up 9-25
Uni-Evan Almighty 10-9
Uni-Chuck & Larry 11-20
Uni-Tremors 11-20
Uni Bourne Ultimatum 12-11
Uni-Timecop 12-11
Uni- Shaun of the Dead
Uni-Jarhead



I'd say...yeah I'm a little Addicted, okay...I'm off to BB to do some more damage!

HDDVD owner: 360 add-on, HD-A30, HD-A2, A1
Blu-ray disc supporter: ps3-60gb, Oppo BDP-93
TV's: LN46B750 1080p-240hz LCD/kdl55hx729 1080p 240hz 3D LED

Link:Blu-ray Disc Fan Forum
BTBuck1 is offline  
post #26 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mbw23air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: KY
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBuck1 View Post

So far I have these Blu-ray's since June 06:

1-House of Flying Daggers
2-Terminator
3-Terminator 2
4-Memento
5-Punisher
6-Total Recall
7-Into the Blue
8-50 First Dates
9-Ultraviolet
10-Full Metal jacket
11-Firewall
12-Training Day
13-Underworld evolution
14-Eight Below
15-Crash
16-Stir of Echoes
17-RV
18-STEALTH
19-The Benchwarmers
20-SWAT
21-Tears of the Sun
22-Dinosaur
23-Corpse Bride
24-Four Brothers
25-Swordfish
26-Knights Tale
27-16 Blocks
28-Click
29-Gone-In-60-Seconds
30-Monster House
31-Mission Impossible 3
32-Under Siege
33-Little Man
34-Nacho Libre
35-Behind Enemy Lines
36-Black Hawk Down
37-Kingdom Of Heaven
38-X-Men III
39-Fantastic Four
40-Ice Age 2
41-The Wild
42-Talladega Nights
43-Superman RETURNS
44-Superman The Movie *
45-Enemy Of the State
46-Kung Fu Hustle
47-World Trade Center
48-Pearl harbor
49-Invincible
50-Million Dollar Baby
51-Ant Bully
52-Transporter 2
53-Crank
54-Flightplan
55-Employee of the Month
56-GoodFellas
57-Gridiron Gang
58-We Were Soldiers
59-Open Season
60-Fly Boys
61-Courage under Fire
62-The Gaurdian
63-Beerfest
64-Rambo: First Blood
65-Young Guns
66-Reservoir Dogs
67-Ladder49
68-The Departed
69-Men of Honor
70-The Prestige
71-Babel
72-Stranger Than Fiction
73-Casino Royale
74-Layercake
75-The Worlds Fastest Indian
76-Chicken Little
77-Rocky Balboa
78-Big Fish
79-The Pursuit of Happiness
80-Happy Feet
81-Identity
82-Planet Earth
83-Night At the Museum
84-Deja vu
85-Donnie Brasco
86-Revenge
87-Stomp the Yard
88-POTC: Dead Mans Chest
89-POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl
90-Apocalypto
91-Freedom Writers
92-Flags of our Fathers
93-Letter from Iwo Jima
94-Curse of the Golden Flower
95-Hellboy
96-Blood Diamond
97-Primeval
98-Ghost Rider
99-Seven Years in Tibet
100-Bridge to Terabithia
101-Hustle & Flow
102-Black Snake Moan
103-The Untouchables
104-The Patriot
105-The Warriors
106-The Fifth Element RMSTR
107-Shooter
108-300
109-TMNT
110-Vacancy
111-The Lookout



And these are on my wish list (So far)


PM-Blades Of Glory 8-28
BV-Remember The Titans 9-4
PM-Face/Off 9-11
SP- A few good men 9-18
LG-The Condemned 9-18
WB-We are Marshall 9-18
PM-Jack Ryan Collection 9-25
SP- Underworld 9-25
PM-Next 9-25
PM-TopGun 10-2
SP-Surf's Up 10-9
SP-Hallowman 10-16
BV-Meet The Robinsons 10-23
SP-Spiderman Trilogy 10-30
WB-Blade Runner 10-2007
BV-Cars The Movie 11-6
BV-Ratatouille 11-?
SP-Close Encounters Third Kind 11-13
BV-Badder Santa 11-20
BV-Pirates3 12-4
BD-ATL


Oh and lets not forget I also got these since last september (HDDVD's):

1-Ray
2-The Rundown
3-Van Helsing
4-U-571
5-Unleashed
6-Chronicles of Riddick
7-Pitch Black
8-Sahara *
9-Unforgiven
10-The Last Samurai *
11-Sea Biscuit
12-TROY
13-Constantine
14-Dukes of Hazard
15-Aeon Flux
16-The Fast & The Furious
17-2 Fast, 2 Furious *
18-The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift *
19- End of Days *
20- Batman Begins
21-Polar Express
22-Waist Deep
23-The Break Up *
24-V for Vendetta
25-King Kong
26-Water World
27-You-Me-&-Dupree
28-The Mummy
29-Hulk
30-Casino
31-The Scorpion King *
32-Fearless *
33-Miami Vice *
34-The Mummy Returns *
35-Lucky# Slevin
36-Derailed
37-Children of Men *
38-The Good Shepherd *
39-Smokin Aces
40-School For Scoundrels *
41-Forty year old virgin
42-The Matrix
43-Matrix Reloaded
44-Matrix Revolutions
45-DragonHeart
46-Phantom of the Opera
47-Bruce Almighty
48-Liar Liar
49-Harsh Times
50-The Big Lebowski
51-Bulletproof
52-Billy Madison
53-The Contract
54-Bourne Supremecy
55-Bourne Identity
56-Friday Night Lights
57-Hot Fuzz





And still want these (by years end):

Uni-Knocked up 9-25
Uni-Evan Almighty 10-9
Uni-Chuck & Larry 11-20
Uni-Tremors 11-20
Uni Bourne Ultimatum 12-11
Uni-Timecop 12-11
Uni- Shaun of the Dead
Uni-Jarhead



I'd say...yeah I'm a little Addicted, okay...I'm off to BB to do some more damage!

Oh my lord!! Now you really do have a problem. No, really..you do. I think we need to have an intervention. Let's all meet at BTBuck1's house and divide up his Hidef collection to help him

Mike

WTB: DPI Cine LED 1000 projector
mbw23air is offline  
post #27 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Member
 
jones2416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have it extreamly bad.. I have 101 HD DVD / Blu-ray disks.. 68 are ones I alredy owned on DVD. I have 500+ movies on DVD and I can not help swaping them out .... I have stacks of DVD's upstaris and the other day the wife finally caught on that I was purchasing them again in HD.. Looks Like I am going to be in the dog hose for a long time.

[b]view my collection @ http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jones2416
jones2416 is offline  
post #28 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
rod_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SGV CA
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sadly, I come to this forum everyday anxiously hoping there is some news on a new release. I visit the "Release Dates" thread 2-3 times a day as if the movies and their release dates aren't already etched in my brain. I go to Starbucks every Friday morning to pick up my $2 cup of burnt coffee and steal a copy of the Fry's ad from the LA Times so I can buy a BD that I probably otherwise wouldn't have bought on DVD. I have 12 movies, each of which I've watched at least twice. I think I'm a lost cause.
rod_b is offline  
post #29 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JE3146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_b View Post

Sadly, I come to this forum everyday anxiously hoping there is some news on a new release. I visit the "Release Dates" thread 2-3 times a day as if the movies and their release dates aren't already etched in my brain. I go to Starbucks every Friday morning to pick up my $2 cup of burnt coffee and steal a copy of the Fry's ad from the LA Times so I can buy a BD that I probably otherwise wouldn't have bought on DVD. I have 12 movies, each of which I've watched at least twice. I think I'm a lost cause.


12 movies?

You're far from a lost cause

59 Blu-rays and counting...
JE3146 is offline  
post #30 of 73 Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
txfilmguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: My bachelor pad is in North Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

oh, you guys know what's worse?

having BD AND DVD copies of the same movie.

Is selling your DVD in order to help finance the purchase of the same movie on BD akin to hocking your metal detector for drugs?
txfilmguy is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off