Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!! - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawgijoe View Post

Not according to my ad....read the fine print....it sasy there are more than this in the store. Problem is no one knows what they are including the people in the stores.

The fine print does not say that others in the store are on sale.

It only says look for others in the store.

I agree, though, that it is misleading since the fine print is right next to the 2 for $30 graphic.

fafner
fafner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post

I ended up getting Into the Blue,Resident Evil 2, Casino Royal, A Nights Tale.

The manager had to override it. It is a Sony 2 for $30 that he put into the computer and then overrid the Resident Evil and Casino Royal. So I would say that it is limited to the ones on the flyer, but if you do some good talking you might be able to get more sony titles.

I have to stop buying. My Christmas gifts are already bought. LOL.

I think you were very persuasive because the fine print does not say that others in the store are on sale...just that you should look for others.

fafner
fafner is offline  
post #273 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
flyingvee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: stranded in Iowa
Posts: 3,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

I think you were very persuasive because the fine print does not say that others in the store are on sale...just that you should look for others.

fafner

Yes - and I ran into a very anal-retentive manager. Who found in his notes (directions, instructions, whatever) that the master list was on BB.com. At which point he said I'd have to go there for the list. As we were standing by the computer, in store -- so, finally talked him into checking, since I didn't want to go home, and he was right there....LSS, there are exactly EIGHT disks on BB.com - same ones in the flyer.

I've never seen a manager so happy to tell a customer no, and send me out the door empty handed.

Jon

Denon DVP - everyone else loves it.
flyingvee is offline  
post #274 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 04:56 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
chipvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just counted my collection. 22 HD and 23 BD. These sales sure make me spend money on movies I would have just rented, but now they are low enough to keep and watch anytime. Thank god for being format neutral and cheap prices.

Ever since last weeks circuit city bogo and the disney one and sony one I am addicted to looking for HDM sales.

I truly believe the majic number for moving HDM is under $20.

Ive bought more HDM in the last two weeks than I bought dvd's over the last 7 years.
chipvideo is offline  
post #275 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Member
 
Richr 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Local BB had no knowledge of sale, so I went BB on line and ordered Hell Boy and the Patriot. $15. ea. with free shipping.

I feel better now.
Richr 13 is offline  
post #276 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JaylisJayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richr 13 View Post

Local BB had no knowledge of sale, so I went BB on line and ordered Hell Boy and the Patriot. $15. ea. with free shipping.

I feel better now.

no knowledge? It's in the print ad.

Blu-ray = 775
JaylisJayP is offline  
post #277 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JaylisJayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post

Yes - and I ran into a very anal-retentive manager. Who found in his notes (directions, instructions, whatever) that the master list was on BB.com. At which point he said I'd have to go there for the list. As we were standing by the computer, in store -- so, finally talked him into checking, since I didn't want to go home, and he was right there....LSS, there are exactly EIGHT disks on BB.com - same ones in the flyer.

I've never seen a manager so happy to tell a customer no, and send me out the door empty handed.

man people are so greedy since the CC mess up. Horrible that the manager did his job. He probably thinks less of all the people who come in and try to scam a deal than they do of him not allowing it. Unreal how people expect employees to just override this and allow that because they demand it.

Believe me, I have no love for Best Buy or Circuit City, and after a few days I was turned down at CC, so I'm not above trying to get the deal, either, but the audacity of some people here to spin it as a fault of the store employees is pretty amazing.

Blu-ray = 775
JaylisJayP is offline  
post #278 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shadowrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone found a deal on the Spidey box?

Ridiculous codec tier sig gone. Still AVC/24bit lossless fanboy.

Studio quality tier
Most Major studios>Small Studios>dogs>cats>Warner(the guys that do new movies)
shadowrage is offline  
post #279 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Member
 
hamsterxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb View Post

Didn't see this when I searched, so here it is. Got a free movie just for watching 30 minutes of crap.

http://www.blurayvt.com/mainPortal.php?page=home

Dear god, I know where all the brainwashed employees came from now. haha I did like when he was talking about studio support the audio dropped out when he mentions paramount. Sweet editing job!

Oh well, free movie for me!
hamsterxcore is offline  
post #280 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
wildchild22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Deer Lake , Newfoundland
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
the amazon promo is not working for me I called in and the told me to wait 2 business days before placing an order. The lady said they are getting a lot of complaints about this. Hopefully if I wait the deal wont expire.
wildchild22 is offline  
post #281 of 3268 Old 10-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Azzkker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: decatur, IL
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild22 View Post

the amazon promo is not working for me I called in and the told me to wait 2 business days before placing an order. The lady said they are getting a lot of complaints about this. Hopefully if I wait the deal wont expire.

i placed an order for reign of fire and ladder 49 as well a pre ordered the spiderman boxed set and the die hard boxed set.

i sent them an email to see if they will manually apply the bogo on the order. we shall see.

thanks
anthony
Azzkker is offline  
post #282 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cawgijoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The wording in the Best Buy ad is deceptive. "Look for More Blu-Ray Discs in store" followed by "2 for $30". You assume that there are more than the 8 listed for sale. You then look at the fine-print and if you don't follow the numbers to the promotions you assume that there are others for sale.

There are not. These 8 discs are it this week.

I don't know why it's so hard to create an ad that tells you exactly what you get. Why can't they just say, "2 for $30 on these 8 discs"?

Oh well.....I'll be getting Meet the Robinsons on Tuesday anyway for $22.49 at BB.
cawgijoe is offline  
post #283 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I didn't see anything posted in a Circuit City store or in their circular for this week. I really think the BOGOs last week were something we aren't going to see again there, at least not until Black Friday.
robertc88 is offline  
post #284 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flyingvee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: stranded in Iowa
Posts: 3,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylisJayP View Post

man people are so greedy since the CC mess up. Horrible that the manager did his job. He probably thinks less of all the people who come in and try to scam a deal than they do of him not allowing it. Unreal how people expect employees to just override this and allow that because they demand it.

Believe me, I have no love for Best Buy or Circuit City, and after a few days I was turned down at CC, so I'm not above trying to get the deal, either, but the audacity of some people here to spin it as a fault of the store employees is pretty amazing.

EXCUSE ME! you want the rest of the story - fine. First, neither the dept manager or the store manager knew of the sale at all. It wasn't posted in aisle. The dept manager took me back, showed me the Disney 25% banner, and told me "If there is a sale on certain items, there will be something like this in the display." Had to take him back to his desk, open the ad for him, and show him the ad. He still did not know if there were any other BDs on sale, nor anything else about it, so he had to get a manager.

Had to show the manager the print ad also - dept manager had "lost" the page with BDs, and "Gee, now I can't even find it." Nor could the manager. Had to again, find it myself and put my fingers on it to show the good folks what I was inquiring about.

Manager promptly pointed at the top of page, and said "No, you only get that price when you buy a BD player." Either confusing, or trying to confuse, the Samsung 7 free disc offer at the top with the 2 for $30 at the bottom. Then, he said it was online only, although that is not what is written in the ad copy.

Dude - I wasn't trying to scam. Afaic, BB is the scammer here, with the copy "check in the store for more BD titles." As I read it, the implication was that there were more titles at 2 for $30. It took me ten minutes to get BB employees to even admit that I could purchase the 8 BDs in the ad at the advertised price, in store. The additional title part of the ad copy was pure bait and switch.

I didn't scam CC last week. I didn't scam BB last week (or this week.) After this, they won't see any more of my money until Black Friday. I hope its ok with you if I take advantage of their loss leaders.

Jon

Denon DVP - everyone else loves it.
flyingvee is offline  
post #285 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
chipvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post

EXCUSE ME! you want the rest of the story - fine. First, neither the dept manager or the store manager knew of the sale at all. It wasn't posted in aisle. The dept manager took me back, showed me the Disney 25% banner, and told me "If there is a sale on certain items, there will be something like this in the display." Had to take him back to his desk, open the ad for him, and show him the ad. He still did not know if there were any other BDs on sale, nor anything else about it, so he had to get a manager.

Had to show the manager the print ad also - dept manager had "lost" the page with BDs, and "Gee, now I can't even find it." Nor could the manager. Had to again, find it myself and put my fingers on it to show the good folks what I was inquiring about.

Manager promptly pointed at the top of page, and said "No, you only get that price when you buy a BD player." Either confusing, or trying to confuse, the Samsung 7 free disc offer at the top with the 2 for $30 at the bottom. Then, he said it was online only, although that is not what is written in the ad copy.

Dude - I wasn't trying to scam. Afaic, BB is the scammer here, with the copy "check in the store for more BD titles." As I read it, the implication was that there were more titles at 2 for $30. It took me ten minutes to get BB employees to even admit that I could purchase the 8 BDs in the ad at the advertised price, in store. The additional title part of the ad copy was pure bait and switch.

I didn't scam CC last week. I didn't scam BB last week (or this week.) After this, they won't see any more of my money until Black Friday. I hope its ok with you if I take advantage of their loss leaders.

I feel just as you did. I spent over an hour looking and trying to find sony titles as that is what the floor guy told me to look for. Nobody at the store even knew about the 2 for $30. I had to show them as well. Very confusing. I thought that after reading it there would be more than the 8 listed. It is VERY deceptive. That is what BB wants to do to get you in the store. I dont feel bad for all partys involved. Ive spent lots of money there. And will continue to spend money there. I just hope that next time they put in an add they make it more clear to everyone.
chipvideo is offline  
post #286 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Kuma79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i had an employee tell me today that there were 18 titles but they were having a problem getting on BB.com. I was really only interested in Tekkon Kinkreet
Kuma79 is offline  
post #287 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
Calamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawgijoe View Post

The wording in the Best Buy ad is deceptive. "Look for More Blu-Ray Discs in store" followed by "2 for $30". You assume that there are more than the 8 listed for sale. You then look at the fine-print and if you don't follow the numbers to the promotions you assume that there are others for sale.

There are not. These 8 discs are it this week.

I don't know why it's so hard to create an ad that tells you exactly what you get. Why can't they just say, "2 for $30 on these 8 discs"?

Oh well.....I'll be getting Meet the Robinsons on Tuesday anyway for $22.49 at BB.

I picked up 3 of those titles that I didn't get last week that was on the "2 for $30" offer and it actually is a "2 for $30" offer only. I paid full price for the third one and I may just take it back or have them add another for $5, thats a really a silly add.

I want my HDM
Calamus is offline  
post #288 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
lsdavinci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage View Post

Has anyone found a deal on the Spidey box?

Yes. And I'm also looking for The Fly, Edward Scissorhands and Rocky. Anybody see good deals on those? (New or used)
lsdavinci is offline  
post #289 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Member
 
DJ Kuul A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamus View Post

I picked up 3 of those titles that I didn't get last week that was on the "2 for $30" offer and it actually is a "2 for $30" offer only. I paid full price for the third one and I may just take it back or have them add another for $5, thats a really a silly add.

And you were surprised that "2 for $30" meant "2 for $30" why, exactly?
DJ Kuul A is offline  
post #290 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Member
 
DJ Kuul A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RScottyL View Post

Blu-Ray Virtual Training

Cool!

Quote:


Free Blu-ray movie offer only available to Retailers.

Oops, missed that part.
DJ Kuul A is offline  
post #291 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rutlian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fry's have sale on blurays bogo for disney's and sony title.

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
rutlian is offline  
post #292 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
DomNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: New York
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
rutlian,
what titles? Is there a special link? All the Sony Blu-Rays show regular price on Fry's site.
Thanks,
Dom
DomNY is offline  
post #293 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Member
 
Richr 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post

Thanks, I am now certified and have a free copy of Deja Vu coming/. I never listened to anything in the training, just had it running in the background. I got 15 or 17 questions correct just from reading things on this forum.

I just completed the trainng and the quiz and there does not seem to be a link, that works, for the free BD. I even turned my pop up blocker off and can't make sense of it. It indicates that I have completd, however, everytime I click on the link, nothing.

Any tips?
Richr 13 is offline  
post #294 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
joe_six_pack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,334
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richr 13 View Post

I just completed the trainng and the quiz and there does not seem to be a link, that works, for the free BD. I even turned my pop up blocker off and can't make sense of it. It indicates that I have completd, however, everytime I click on the link, nothing.

Any tips?

you need to back out to the beginning menu and click the link.

Sony pay me 10 beeeelion dollars to plant blu-ray seeeeds.
joe_six_pack is offline  
post #295 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Azzkker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: decatur, IL
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post

i placed an order for reign of fire and ladder 49 as well a pre ordered the spiderman boxed set and the die hard boxed set.

i sent them an email to see if they will manually apply the bogo on the order. we shall see.

thanks
anthony

i got a reply back from them today and here is what it said:

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com. I've investigated your order and found that it qualified for our promotional offer. I see that this offer was not properly applied to your order. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. To correct this error, I have reduced the cost of Ladder 49 [Blu-ray]and Reign of Fire [Blu-ray] to zero ($0.00) each. I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

so it appears they will make good on the sunday purchases of the bogo titles even though the system didnt register it.

thanks
Azzkker is offline  
post #296 of 3268 Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Is BB still running a BOGO free? I was in BB tonight and over heard a rep talking to a lady and her son that just bought a PS3.. My local BB is selling the hell out of the 60gigs.. in fact the guy said they had over 100 in stock and are almost through them already.
Garman is online now  
post #297 of 3268 Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rieper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York NY
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Your Request Has Been Sent

Thank you. You will receive your free movie, lapel pin, and pocket guide in 2 to 4 weeks


Thanks for the free Blu-ray movie!
Rieper is offline  
post #298 of 3268 Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Louisville S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shrewsbury/Fitchburg, MA
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Thank you. You will receive your free movie, lapel pin, and pocket guide in 2 to 4 weeks

I doubt anything will come.

I got 100% on the quiz, hehe. They can easily verify I don't work at Staples any more.
Louisville S is offline  
post #299 of 3268 Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rieper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York NY
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post

I doubt anything will come.

I got 100% on the quiz, hehe. They can easily verify I don't work at Staples any more.


LOL. Staples?

Just make up a phony name for a company. Don't use a real one fer crissake!
Rieper is offline  
post #300 of 3268 Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Member
 
mbrodie617's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

LOL. Staples?

Just make up a phony name for a company. Don't use a real one fer crissake!

I used my real company name. I doubt they are going to check what we do isn't really retail. If it comes in 2-4 weeks, bonus. If not, then i wasted 35 minutes at the office to take a quiz i would have gotten right before ever taking their tutorial.

Gaming doesn't kill people! Crazy, pent up, overly agressive, repressed, gun wielding people kill people.

PSN ID: Mbrodie617
mbrodie617 is offline  
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off