Spiderman Trilogy Blu-ray *PIX* + Reviews - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

Price went down today at Amazon UK. Just ordered my set for less than $30 shipped. Looking forward to watching these!

was looking at that - but the screens here look terrible
any re release planned on these?

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I heard 1 wasn't so great due to the low budget, but 2 & 3, I heard, look amazing. For $30, this looks like a great set. Not as good as the Bourne set, but still good.
post #183 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you consider $139,000,000 low budget...

post #184 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Spidey 2 was $200 million budget. Spidey 3 was $257 million. So yes, Spidey 1's budget was considerably lower. If Sony was able to make Spidey 2 & 3 look good on Blu-ray, but Spidey 1 ended up bad, it most likely isn't due to the transfer. Therefore, a re-release probably won't do much good.
post #185 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It has more to do with quality of the DIs than budget. Spider-man 2 and 3 were scanned at 4k. Spider-man 1 was 2k and it was with 2002 scanning technology. It looks okay but not in the same league as the others.
post #186 of 187 Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm still excited to get my Blu-ray set. The more accurate colors in Spidey 2 alone make this a worthy purchase. The colors of that movie on the DVD version was really messed up. I noticed it since Day 1 I bought that DVD. I'm so glad it's fixed on the BD version.
post #187 of 187 Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I received my UK Spidey set last Friday and watched all 3 movies over the weekend. They all played flawlessly. The picture quality upgrade on the first movie is only slight, but there IS a difference. But not so much that it will strike you. But the second and third movies…..man oh man! Now THIS is where I know I got my money’s worth. HUGE difference there!! After I watched Spidey 2 & 3 on the Blu-ray and then popped in the DVD copy, I really saw just how bad the DVDs looked. They looked all muddy with messed up colors. Sony did a magnificent job transferring the last two films on Blu-ray. Those comparison screenshots here don’t really show how big the difference is. But trust me, it is BIG! Not sure why the first one wasn’t as good, but I have reason to believe that it most likely is due to the source.

When watching the UK set, I found something strange though. On all 3 movies, when you press "Play Movie" on the menu, the rating and warning screens come up before the movie begins. Ok, that's normal, but now the strange part.....the rating says "PG-13" along with the MPAA's reason for rating. The PG-13 rating is only a US rating and is not used in the UK. It's “PG” and “12” ratings that are supposed to be used. This leads me to believe that this UK set is the EXACT same as the US set. So, hopefully this will make people less hesitant to purchase this set. The only thing that should make people hesitant is the waiting time. Heh! But with money I saved, the wait was worth it. So rest assured, the UK set will play perfectly on US players, including the extras! And for less than $30, you can’t go wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page