AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Blu-ray Software (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/)
-   -   Planet Earth Blu-Ray: out of print? (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/957441-planet-earth-blu-ray-out-print.html)

Babaganoosh 12-18-2007 03:29 PM

Nobody seems to have it anymore. I drove all over the frakkin' city and nobody had it. What happened? Didn't it sell well?

Swift Mojo Hand 12-18-2007 03:49 PM

Spotted it tonight at my local Target. Seemed a little expensive $8?.00.
Did you try Warner Brothers online store?
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...Planet%20Earth

/Rosenberg, TX

Babaganoosh 12-18-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Mojo Hand View Post

Spotted it tonight at my local Target. Seemed a little expensive $8?.00.
Did you try Warner Brothers online store?

/Rosenberg, TX

All the online stores (Amazon, etc.) have it, but I prefer not to buy online.

Ketar 12-18-2007 04:08 PM

You can't find the SD Planet Earth anywhere right now either - my mom has been trying to get a copy for my brother. It's just a ridiculously popular Christmas gift this year, apparently.

MASrules 12-18-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketar View Post

You can't find the SD Planet Earth anywhere right now either - my mom has been trying to get a copy for my brother. It's just a ridiculously popular Christmas gift this year, apparently.

My local Costco had literally hundreds of SD DVD Planet Earth.

Gaco 12-18-2007 05:00 PM

Why not buy off Amazon.com?
http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-C...8025969&sr=8-3

Babaganoosh 12-18-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco View Post

Why not buy off Amazon.com?

Like I said...I prefer not to buy online.

Shipping costs too damn much, for one thing.

Anyway, I found a copy at Target. I still wonder why it was so hard to find, though. so I repeat:

Is this title out of print?

If not, why is it so hard to find in stores?

rboster 12-18-2007 05:29 PM

Where is autobot city...actual city name may help us, help you

Gaco 12-18-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaganoosh View Post

Anyway, I found a copy at Target. I still wonder why it was so hard to find, though. so I repeat:

Oh didn't see that..

Where I live titles are more expensive in stores than on amazon so when adding the shipping costs they tend to be around the same actually, and Amazon also have shipping free when you order over a certain amount, not to mention the "get 3 pay for 2" offers. It's in stock right, but your choice

Babaganoosh 12-18-2007 05:42 PM

Some good did come out of this: They had the Blu-Ray CET3K for $15 *less* than what everyone else was selling it for.

MySassyGirl 12-18-2007 05:47 PM

shipping is free at amazon.com

Quote:

musick 12-18-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

I still wonder why it was so hard to find, though. so I repeat:

it is not out of print
retailers don't like to carry large quantities of larger ticket software items once they are considered catalog especially those of a new (no mass adoption) format

demand is likely greater than supply on hand but retailers will likely never know what true demand is without having it in stock and appearantly are content with taking that loss

one reason you see so many reissues from studios is not so you can get a new version with a couple extras on it and some verbage letting you know it is the 8th anniversary of the movie.... studios do that because it is easier to repackage and sell/solicit an already released catalog item as a new release than to count on buyers keeping up on stock levels of the existing release

IXinchnail 12-18-2007 06:14 PM

On bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com if you pull up the page for Planet Earth Blu-Ray you can check and see which, if any, of your local stores have it in stock. You can also purchase on walmart.com and have them ship it to your local store for pickup. If all else fails, then just get over it and buy from Amazon with free shipping and probably the best price. I think it was about $68 when I was browsing the site earlier. Don't know if Amazon ships to Cybertron though...

geko29 12-18-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

FREE="too damn much"? You are officially the stingiest person I've ever met.

Besides, I'm guessing Target charged you $100. Which is "really too damn much" more than the $67 Amazon charges. Plus tax. So all told, an extra $40 to avoid free shipping......

Babaganoosh 12-18-2007 07:01 PM

How long does the 'free shipping' take? I'm not quite that patient.

Nor am I patient enough to wait until - if - Best Buy stores got some more copies in stock.

And I admit the set did cost more at Target, but it was nicely evened out by how much I saved from buying CET3K there. So it's all good!