AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

^^^^^

Do you believe/know if the next movie is not readily available from the hub you are sending back your movies to if it is skipped over for the next one that is?

I've had it happen a few times. Once, several weeks ago, Oldboy was available for 2 days. The first day it was available was the same day I was to be sent a movie. Instead of being sent that one, it dropped down to another move 15-some spots down on my list which was available.

And just last week Shoot Em Up was available for two days and #1 in my queue and I did not receive it. Another guy in Florida did receive it under the same circumstances. So either my local office has poor management, or my local office had higher demand for this particular title and I was lower on the priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanjc View Post

If something is available one day, and skipped over when they ship you stuff, it's probably due to the status not updating quicklu enough. Disks sit in "processing" for about a day each time they ship something.

The problem with this theory is that both of the times this has happened, the title was available "now" for 2 full days.

Quote:

As I stated before, if you want to be sure to get a new release, save it in your queue and push it to the top as soon as you can, it hasn't failed me once. If you aren't getting things, it's probably because they don't have them in your area when it's time to ship your movie out.

I know all the tricks, and I do it all the time. It worked up until about 3 months ago.

Quote:

Like many of the posts in the thread, if all you put in your queue are things they don't have, then it shouldn't be shocking that you aren't getting any movies. The site tells you to expect a "Very Long Wait", so WHY ARE YOU SURPRISED?

It has nothing to do with being surprised. The point is that you're paying for a service that you are not receiving. The question is why is the title in Very Long Wait for months....not why are we surprised by it.

Quote:

and maybe you should think about whether this service is for you.

That's the very point in being here. These are the questions that people have been asking. This is why it's important to know how widespread the issue is and what can be done about it. This is why people are contacting Netflix to see if this is normal, temporary, known, or if they even care.

Brandon
post #363 of 8938 Old 01-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Got an update for two slots saying we expect to ship your next movie on Wednesday. My next two BDs in the queue are available. We'll see what happens but I've been through this before.

well it just skipped over Hills have eyes 2 and surfs up in blu ray which has been available in my q to send me bourne ultimatum and waitress on reg dvd
and still showing the other 2 at the top of my q available
post #364 of 8938 Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
eci

Netflix is great for me. I have 25 BD movies in my queue, all available NOW. I have the 3 at once unlimited plan and use about 12 per month. I had SAW IV on the top of my queue for a week, and received it today. I never have any issues. Do you think your location is what matters?
post #365 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Those 25 movies cannot be very popular or new releases. I have 30 BDs in my queue and at least 25 of them have a wait! Maybe the location has something to do with it.

If it says available and it is on top of queue, all I can think of is that it isn't available from your closest hub so it is skipped for the next one that is. This is obviously a netflix issue but I don't know one would get a straight answer from them so it is good to know other's experiences with that.
post #366 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 07:26 AM

I like how Netflix gave their "thoughts" on the format war and posted a 37% profit yesterday. They should quit thinking and buy more movies. Oh wait, that might hurt that 37% profit!
post #367 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
It used to say something like -- "next available movie will ship today". But it would never ship and then chang to "tomorrow".

Now I notice it just says "awaiting shipment".

Anyone else see this?
post #368 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^^

Never seen "awaiting shipping". Does it say which movie is awaiting shipping? It just use to say "processing" from what I remember.

What is ambiguous is "next available movie will ship today" and hangs on that for awhile and it doesn't ship lots of times till the next day and not necessarily the next available one in the queue.

I really think I'm past the point of this working well for me as it use to. I understand the factor of more folks coming aboard but I'm not sure we aren't getting a bit of bad service. Each will have to decide if they want to stay with it, lower allocation, etc..
post #369 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

^^^^

Never seen "awaiting shipping". Does it say which movie is awaiting shipping? It just use to say "processing" from what I remember.

What is ambiguous is "next available movie will ship today" and hangs on that for awhile and it doesn't ship lots of times till the next day and not necessarily the next available one in the queue.

I really think I'm past the point of this working well for me as it use to. I understand the factor of more folks coming aboard but I'm not sure we aren't getting a bit of bad service. Each will have to decide if they want to stay with it, lower allocation, etc..

No -- there is no specific movie awaiting shipping -- it seems like new langauge to replace the old language of "your next movie will ship today".

Of course it would never ship "today".
post #370 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM

On a different note from delays. I am awaiting my 4th copy of Gone in 60 Seconds on blu-ray. The first 3 were all cracked. Not a large crack just a small one about a 1/4" long on the outside.
post #371 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Netflix just shipped out my #7 and #8 discs, since my first 6 movies are "long wait". Maybe in two months I'll get the movies I want.

So I called and they used the same line everyone else has "The studios are only selling them x number of discs". I told them their business model is flawed if that was the case. That if they tripled their customer base they'd be in REAL trouble if they couldn't procure more discs. They told me to write the studios. I replied that its not my business on the line.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #372 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite View Post

I like how Netflix gave their "thoughts" on the format war and posted a 37% profit yesterday. They should quit thinking and buy more movies. Oh wait, that might hurt that 37% profit!

yeah, I'm starting to think they don't care. Now that I find the format war coming to an end, I may just start buying the movies I want and either cancel netflix or go down to 1 at a time.

Brandon
post #373 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I reopened a blockbuster account this week and they shipped out Superbad within 24 hours. Now why couldn't I get Netflix to mail me this movie when it's been at the top of my queue for months?
post #374 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

So I called and they used the same line everyone else has "The studios are only selling them x number of discs".

Haven't they heard of Best Buy, Amazon, etc? Can't they just order discs like everyone else if WE DEMAND ACCESS TO THEM AS NETFLIX CUSTOMERS?
post #375 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM

thats weird because I almost never have to wait. I have 3/4 of the movies listed on my queue and they are all read to go. I am probably categorize as not a big user
post #376 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM

Interesting Article re: Netflix and Blu-Ray

Most interesting part imo was this:
Quote:

The executive added that Blu-ray rentals at NetFlix have seen "sharp growth" since the Warner endorsement.

Hopefully this will result in more available discs in the long-run, even if it causes less available discs in the short-run
post #377 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki View Post

thats weird because I almost never have to wait. I have 3/4 of the movies listed on my queue and they are all read to go. I am probably categorize as not a big user

My family aren't big users - we are on the two at a time plan and probably average 4 movies a month. Are you saying you've got "Simpsons" and/or "3:10 to Yuma" in your queue and it doesn't say "Short Wait" or "Long Wait"?

post #378 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
eci

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

My family aren't big users - we are on the two at a time plan and probably average 4 movies a month. Are you saying you've got "Simpsons" and/or "3:10 to Yuma" in your queue and it doesn't say "Short Wait" or "Long Wait"?

I do
LL
post #379 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

3:10 To Yuma is a very long wait. I just added it to my queue to check the status. Obviously this is a matter of where you live and the hub you deal with.
post #380 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

3:10 To Yuma is a very long wait. I just added it to my queue to check the status. Obviously this is a matter of where you live and the hub you deal with.

Why can't we all have eci's hub?

post #381 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
eci

I'm in San Diego fwiw...
post #382 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't want to wait for it to come from the west coast to the east coast and nor does netflix since it can be had by someone in a matter of a day who lives close to that hub.

I know the status may be different depending on where you live. At least that much I can confirm.
post #383 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eci View Post

I do

Any reason for having the untouchables for over 6 months???

Just wish more people could see and play in True HD

Console and Format Nuetral

psn - jimmyz
post #384 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 02:15 PM

So two movies were checked in this morning, they skipped over SIX BD's to send me 2 DVDs. One is RH3 which should be on BD anyways. One movie shipped today, the other they are holding hostage till tomorrow. Can you say CANCELLED on Feb 2nd?
post #385 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So two movies were checked in this morning, they skipped over SIX BD's to send me 2 DVDs. One is RH3 which should be on BD anyways. One movie shipped today, the other they are holding hostage till tomorrow. Can you say CANCELLED on Feb 2nd?

I've had Blockbuster do that to me in the past... Netflix just started doing this to me within the last month or two. I'm probably going back to Blockbuster since they gave me a free month. If you call Blockbuster, you can probably talk them into a free month even if you were a previous subscriber, I did.
post #386 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eci View Post

I do

who do you know?
post #387 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
eci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewing1043 View Post

Any reason for having the untouchables for over 6 months???

I don't know where it is :/

I should just tell them finally.
post #388 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmpharmacist View Post

I've had Blockbuster do that to me in the past... Netflix just started doing this to me within the last month or two. I'm probably going back to Blockbuster since they gave me a free month. If you call Blockbuster, you can probably talk them into a free month even if you were a previous subscriber, I did.

I'm actually subbed to both to see who is better, neither is impressing me.

BB takes 4 days to turn around, but gives me slightly better BD availability. In store BD selection stinks.

I still think I'm gonna drop one of them down to 2 at a time for DVDs and just buy the BD's I want.

I am lacking in the patience department. Id did not spend $499 on a BD30 to watch DVDs all the time.
post #389 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm actually subbed to both to see who is better, neither is impressing me.

BB takes 4 days to turn around, but gives me slightly better BD availability. In store BD selection stinks.

I still think I'm gonna drop one of them down to 2 at a time for DVDs and just buy the BD's I want.

I am lacking in the patience department. Id did not spend $499 on a BD30 to watch DVDs all the time.

I also have a 3 to 4 day turn around at BB. I think the difference here is that my BB store has a pretty decent selection of BDs.
post #390 of 8938 Old 01-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmpharmacist View Post

I also have a 3 to 4 day turn around at BB. I think the difference here is that my BB store has a pretty decent selection of BDs.

Mines about a month behind, might keep me if they were current.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page