Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #451 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Life of Brian (released today) is on its way to me, but I also got the 'received two titles, only one shipped' issue.

If I am paying for 3 at a time then you should be able to ship me at least 2 at a time.

FWIW BB was worse, especially on new releases, even w/ the instore option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I used to be a heavy renter, but not since going Blu. I usually have 1 or 2 spots open to ship, but they just don't get them out. This week I've got "The Invasion" sitting at the top of my queue, with space available to ship, and it went right to "Short Wait".

This isn't the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. I guess I could drop down to a lower sub tier, as I almost never have 3 out at a time now...
post #453 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tell the CEO of Netflix how you feel

Reed.Hastings@Netflix.com

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #454 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 05:40 PM

I just cancelled my netflix account yesterday. I cant wait around on these titles for months on end sometimes, hopefully in the future when they get more inventory on the HD media I will subscribe again.
post #455 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHDTV View Post

Thank you Andy!

Perhaps the most useful post in this thread yet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #456 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post

I used to be a heavy renter, but not since going Blu. I usually have 1 or 2 spots open to ship, but they just don't get them out. This week I've got "The Invasion" sitting at the top of my queue, with space available to ship, and it went right to "Short Wait".

This isn't the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. I guess I could drop down to a lower sub tier, as I almost never have 3 out at a time now...

That's the reason I'm probably going to quit Netflix.

I had "The Invasion" at the top of my Netflix and Blockbuster queue.
Blockbuster shipped it yesterday and I received it, while Netflix now
makred it as "short wait"....

On ther other hand, my Blockbuster membership is a free trial....
post #457 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info Andy.

For what its worth I sent off an email. I know we're little people in the grand scheme of DVD rentals but hopefully if enough of us voice our concerns and the willingness to continue supporting Netflix they just might strengthen their inventory.

Blu-ray / HD DVD Collection: 567 Titles
post #458 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just sent mine off. I guess the easy solution is to downgrade to a lower package. If I can't keep 3 movies going, no need to pay the extra for them!
post #459 of 8911 Old 01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
eci

This is all about where you live. I've been following this thread and every time I put a NEW RELEASE in my queue it is available NOW and ships the second they receive one of my 3 out.
post #460 of 8911 Old 01-30-2008, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Eci,

How long have you been a member for Netflix and requesting BDs?

I have been a member for about 1 year and got a BD player about 6 months ago and started requesting BDs at that time. Things went pretty smoothly for about 4 months and I was quite content. Things have changed afterwards and a bit drastically to my taste. Did that many folks come aboard or has my honeymoon period for BD expired?
post #461 of 8911 Old 01-30-2008, 09:53 AM
eci

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

Eci,

How long have you been a member for Netflix and requesting BDs?

I have been a member for about 1 year and got a BD player about 6 months ago and started requesting BDs at that time. Things went pretty smoothly for about 4 months and I was quite content. Things have changed afterwards and a bit drastically to my taste. Did that many folks come aboard or has my honeymoon period for BD expired?

netflix: 4 years.
BD's: 1 year.
HD DVD: 1.5 years
post #462 of 8911 Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eci View Post

This is all about where you live. I've been following this thread and every time I put a NEW RELEASE in my queue it is available NOW and ships the second they receive one of my 3 out.

Where do you live?
post #463 of 8911 Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
eci

San Diego
post #464 of 8911 Old 01-31-2008, 01:57 PM

I live in the Hudson Valley and I was a very happy Netflix customer, until I got a Blue-Ray player and started requesting titles in Blue-Ray ... I am ready to switch to Blockbuster - are they better?
post #465 of 8911 Old 01-31-2008, 02:07 PM

I, too, used to have a long wait on my discs. I then took all of the movies off of my que and copied that list to a word file. I then only put 3 movies on the que at a time to get the title I want sent to me. This seemed to solve the problem of getting what I want. Now, if I could only speed the process up...
post #466 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:

Has anybody sent an email to Reed.Hastings@Netflix.com and received a non-automated response back?

I want to write to somebody at Netflix but I would like a valid email address if anybody has succeeded with one. Any suggestions?
post #467 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 AM

how about the BBB?
post #468 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudson666 View Post

Has anybody sent an email to Reed.Hastings@Netflix.com and received a non-automated response back?

I want to write to somebody at Netflix but I would like a valid email address if anybody has succeeded with one. Any suggestions?

I've sent him two emails and received no response at all.

It is a valid address, as it doesn't bounce. But whether he reads it is doubtful.

Executives like that have administrative assistants who open and read their emails for them.

post #469 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 AM

My suggestion is for those of us who are truly frustrated with Netflix to organize and pick one date to all call them to cancel our subscriptions. We should all offer the same basic reason; that their inability to provide us with the titles we request, in the format we prefer, within a reasonable time (you pick what you consider reasonable) is a breach of the membership agreement. Also, state that their allotment policy is arbitrary and discriminatory. Remember, we hold the power, they cannot exist without us and, that change sometimes requires a little pain.

John
post #470 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If I terminate my membershhip in the middle of my billing period, will they prorate my charges or bill me for the whole month? I've had it with these turkeys.

Jon
post #471 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM

Whoops, I forgot about the fact that the do not pro-rate. That makes my suggestion for a same day cancel for everyone not practical. I'm not sure it would be as effective if we each cancel prior to our billing cycle. Any suggestions?

John
post #472 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:

No response from my email and the address is indeed valid as far as I can tell. I seriously don't expect to get a response though.

On the plus side Pan's Labyrinth and Rescue Dawn (two titles that were listed at the top of my queue for quite some time with "very long wait" times) finally arrived yesterday. So that was nice.

Blu-ray / HD DVD Collection: 567 Titles
post #473 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Netflix has thousands of SD DVD customers. While we would get their attention somewhat, we are small fish to fry unfortunately. Next I expect them to increase their rate for HD rentals if that is what an account is exclusively doing.
post #474 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

They just sent me the 26th disc on my list. I had 22 discs that were listed as short to long wait and 3 discs listed as available now ahead of it. I guess I should just cut my list down to the 5 specific disks I really want.

I have been a member for about 5 months and I get 5 discs at a time. However, I was getting at least 2X my program allotment a week for several months. That got me throttled worse than when I poured Windex in my dad's classic car's gas tank because it needed to be "cleaned".
post #475 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Netflix has thousands of SD DVD customers. While we would get their attention somewhat, we are small fish to fry unfortunately. Next I expect them to increase their rate for HD rentals if that is what an account is exclusively doing.

It's my understanding they actually have some 6.8 million subscribers. However small fish, shoved aside, can make an awfully big stink. Taking a stand is better then just posting your frustrations..

John
post #476 of 8911 Old 02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

When someone can suggest to me a better resource for rental at least for some of the films in my queue I'm getting for the price, then I'll move away from Netflix.

Local video stores isn't that solution for the price and I don't buy lots of movies, regardless of BOGOs. Video stores only have for one copy of a small amount of films which is small in comparison to the library of BD movies that netflix has at this point.

I also rent SD DVDs. There are 1000s of those.

This thread now is to the point of deciding what one is going to do given the situation with BDs through netflix. Enough has been communicated about allocation, throttling, availability through your closest hub, etc. etc.
post #477 of 8911 Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 AM

The Seeker on Blu-Ray will no longer be offered... Netflix is treading on dangerous water if they keep this up. 3rd time now (Blade Runner, Atonement, The Seeker).

"The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising has been moved to the Saved section of your Queue. We no longer have enough copies of the DVD to satisfy customer demand. This movie will be re-released on DVD within the next 12 months, and we will buy additional copies at that time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you find many Netflix movies to enjoy in the meantime. "
post #478 of 8911 Old 02-02-2008, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I say time to lock the thread. We can keep going on and on about what one is getting, what is being skipped in the queue, what nextflix doesn't have that they should, etc. etc. There is enough feedback here to know what the situation is when you are renting BDs from netflix. If you are upset, then choose what is the best course of action for yourself.

There is a poll on the HD DVD forum I saw and it is an overwhelming 80% vote for Netflix being a better online rental resource for those HD flicks over Blockbuster. Imagine that!

I'm not supporting what Netflix is doing but it is what it is at this juncture of the game. Like it or leave it cause I really don't think complaining to their higher ups is going to matter with the small community they have of HD renters compared to SD DVD! Now if the same thing is happening with the latter, I suppose they would be out of business.
post #479 of 8911 Old 02-02-2008, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I sent an email but I didn't get any response back.
post #480 of 8911 Old 02-02-2008, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Can someone tell me what happened to the ratings on netflix? There used to be little stars all over the place next too and underneath titles, now there are zero.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page