post #8881 of 8905 Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjgkelly View Post
Then bookmark one link to go straight to your queue and another link to go to recommendations... it's actually pretty simple.
Why would I do that? I always stop at the DVD page first. Even if I wanted to go to the queue, it's one click to get there from the DVD page. Simple is having one bookmark on my toolbar right where I can easily click it.

Further, I'm not the guy who was complaining about the number of clicks. I actually pointed out that it's still only one click with my method.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8882 of 8905 Old 08-11-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 328
They finally shipped Sabotage. Wow, only three weeks, things are improving! I had no problem getting Divergence, but it was a Lions Gate rental disc, with DD lossy audio.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #8883 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm...Sabotage is a brand new retail copy. Most have ordered more.

Ian

post #8884 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Oy

NF is starting to resemble the latter days of Blockbuster. I've had various popular new releases in my queue for a couple of months, and they're still categorized as "Very Long Wait". "Very Long Wait" used to mean the wait would be a couple of weeks, not a couple of months. What the hell is going on?
post #8885 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Same issue here. Had Non-stop in my queue since it came out, and it's still very long wait. I'm about ready to drop the disc and just keep the streaming.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #8886 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The same for me with Non-Stop. It has been at the top of my queue since the day it had a release date and has been at very long wait ever since. The only way I've been able to get new releases is if I return my current disc the Saturday before they are released so the new release actually ships out on Monday.

Also as a side note, I got Divergent last week and and it does not have a lossless soundtrack. This is one of those rentals that comes with your basic DD 5.1.

post #8887 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
NF is starting to resemble the latter days of Blockbuster. I've had various popular new releases in my queue for a couple of months, and they're still categorized as "Very Long Wait". "Very Long Wait" used to mean the wait would be a couple of weeks, not a couple of months. What the hell is going on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Same issue here. Had Non-stop in my queue since it came out, and it's still very long wait. I'm about ready to drop the disc and just keep the streaming.

S~
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
The same for me with Non-Stop. It has been at the top of my queue since the day it had a release date and has been at very long wait ever since. The only way I've been able to get new releases is if I return my current disc the Saturday before they are released so the new release actually ships out on Monday.

Also as a side note, I got Divergent last week and and it does not have a lossless soundtrack. This is one of those rentals that comes with your basic DD 5.1.

Non-Stop, Sabotage and Lone Survivor are distributed by Universal Studios, and were not on a 28 day delay. They were purchased from limited retail stock. According to NCS, for some reason they were not available to Netflix from the distributors direct. All new releases have always been shipped on Monday.

As I posted before, Divergence was a Lions Gate/Summit Entertainment release. No lossless, no surprises here.

Ian

Last edited by mailiang; 08-12-2014 at 09:28 PM.
post #8888 of 8905 Old 08-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Yesterday I moved all of my "Very Long Wait" titles to the top of the queue, something I do about once or twice a month. That filled the top 34 slots. Two weeks ago a title went from VLW to being shipped from another distribution center. Today, less than 24 hours after adjusting my titles, 8 of those 34 titles are suddenly available and ready to be shipped. Most are catalog titles, not new ones and they are from various studios. Methinks that the severe cut-back in their disc services has possibly resulted in the marriage of some distribution centers. That would certainly explain why some of the waits were so long.
SMHarman likes this.
post #8889 of 8905 Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
Yesterday I moved all of my "Very Long Wait" titles to the top of the queue, something I do about once or twice a month. That filled the top 34 slots. Two weeks ago a title went from VLW to being shipped from another distribution center. Today, less than 24 hours after adjusting my titles, 8 of those 34 titles are suddenly available and ready to be shipped. Most are catalog titles, not new ones and they are from various studios. Methinks that the severe cut-back in their disc services has possibly resulted in the marriage of some distribution centers. That would certainly explain why some of the waits were so long.
Except for those titles that I have mentioned, I haven't had an issue getting new releases. Since I always get my BD's the next day, they are obviously still using the same distribution center in my area, which is about 20 miles away.

Ian

post #8890 of 8905 Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
I got Non-Stop last week. I haven't had it at the top of my queue as long as you guys. I'm telling you, there is more to their algorithm than just disc availability. There isn't going to be an easy answer, or the same answer for everybody.

Matt
post #8891 of 8905 Old 08-13-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sad Face

In the past, if a new release title was at or near the top of my queue for more than a couple of weeks (which wasn't common), NF would notify me that they were sending the title from a different distribution center after they'd already sent me the 2 discs I was paying for on my 2 disc at a time plan. These notifications would occur the day after they already shipped the 2 discs that I was paying for, and I found it kind of odd that they wouldn't have just shipped it from a different distribution center as part of my regular 2 at a time delivery, but I obviously wasn't going to argue about getting 3 discs at a time instead of 2.

Apparently those days are over, since I've now had all of the new release titles mentioned above and others sitting at the top of my queue for up to 2 months, and they're shipping me titles from the dregs/bottom of my queue that I'm not even sure I want to watch... on tap this week, "The Railway Man" and "The Machine"... hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I kinda doubt it.
post #8892 of 8905 Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
In the past, if a new release title was at or near the top of my queue for more than a couple of weeks (which wasn't common), NF would notify me that they were sending the title from a different distribution center after they'd already sent me the 2 discs I was paying for on my 2 disc at a time plan. These notifications would occur the day after they already shipped the 2 discs that I was paying for, and I found it kind of odd that they wouldn't have just shipped it from a different distribution center as part of my regular 2 at a time delivery, but I obviously wasn't going to argue about getting 3 discs at a time instead of 2.

Apparently those days are over, since I've now had all of the new release titles mentioned above and others sitting at the top of my queue for up to 2 months, and they're shipping me titles from the dregs/bottom of my queue that I'm not even sure I want to watch... on tap this week, "The Railway Man" and "The Machine"... hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I kinda doubt it.
They still did this very thing with me a about a week ago. So it is still something that they practice, but given that they are cutting back discs entirely, I'm not surprised this is less common now.
post #8893 of 8905 Old 08-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 85
So happy. After more than 1 year at the top of my queue, NF is finally mailing Rio Bravo to me. No complaints about the wait since the Region A version has apparently been out of print for a while now, so I'm just happy NF has it at all.

I'll also give NF points making The Children's Hour available from day 1 of it's blu ray release this Tues. I would love it if they did that more often with catalog titles even though I understand the market reality that there are few people like me interested in those vs. the masses of people chasing every new release. So when they do it's worth pointing that out and applauding it as well.
post #8894 of 8905 Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Question Draft Day

Just rented Draft Day, movie only disc from Lions Gate/Summit Entertainment. Someone, please tell me why the sound track is in DTS MA and not lossy Dolby Digital.

Ian

post #8895 of 8905 Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Since dropping Netflix BD rentals the one thing I really miss is the queue. I used to periodically add titles while they were still out in the theater. So they would already be on my list when they came out for rent. Without that I find I miss renting some of titles.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #8896 of 8905 Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
Just rented Draft Day, movie only disc from Lions Gate/Summit Entertainment. Someone, please tell me why the sound track is in DTS MA and not lossy Dolby Digital.

Ian
Do you mean why is it Dolby Digital only and not DTS-MA? It's to subtract value from the rental and give it to the purchased version to make it more attractive to buy instead of rent.
post #8897 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
My Rental of Draft Day from Redbox had DTS-HD MA audio.

It's not a popular title so I guess they didn't put the legacy audio on it. It seems like it's the more popular titles that they put the crappy lossy audio on the rental discs.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #8898 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Do you mean why is it Dolby Digital only and not DTS-MA? It's to subtract value from the rental and give it to the purchased version to make it more attractive to buy instead of rent.
I posted it was in DTS MA, not Lossy DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

It's not a popular title so I guess they didn't put the legacy audio on it. It seems like it's the more popular titles that they put the crappy lossy audio on the rental discs.
That was I was thinking. You would think that a pro football movie would have received more attention. The NFL has been the biggest sports producer of the day. Cha ching cha ching...

Ian
mgkdragn likes this.

post #8899 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Yeah, how many copies of "Draft Day" would sell at retail .. ?? Since the idea is added value rental vs retail ..

And on a film like this, I don't think there would be much in the way of big differences anyway .. sound quality wise ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #8900 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
And on a film like this, I don't think there would be much in the way of big differences anyway .. sound quality wise ..
I love the way the studios think. Lets offer DTS MA in Draft Day, where the sound track is limited to mostly dialogue, and confine the more popular rental releases like Hunger Games, with allll.... those sound effects, to lossy Dolby Digital.

Ian
mgkdragn likes this.

post #8901 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I love the way the studios think. Lets offer DTS MA in Draft Day, where the sound track is limited to mostly dialogue, and confine the more popular rental releases like Hunger Games, with allll.... those sound effects, to lossy Dolby Digital.

Ian
Well, you gotta admit, it's a sneaky but pretty good idea .. although eliminating the MA does not cost much, why bother with a secondary pressing run when the soundtrack does not contain much in the way of ummph anyway .. .. and, they won't be selling millions of copies .. this thing will end up in the $5.00 BD bin at the local Wally anyway, quicker than many ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 09-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.
post #8902 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
I posted it was in DTS MA, not Lossy DD.

Ian
Well, I asked as most people would be happy to see the the hi-rez audio over the lossy DD so your question seemed a bit odd.
post #8903 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, you gotta admit, it's a sneaky but pretty good idea .. although eliminating the MA does not cost much, why bother with a secondary pressing run when the soundtrack does not contain much in the way of ummph anyway .. .. and, they won't be selling millions of copies .. this thing will end up in the $5.00 BD bin at the local Wally anyway, quicker than many ..
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Well, I asked as most people would be happy to see the the hi-rez audio over the lossy DD so your question seemed a bit odd.
I guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm. Next time I'll try to be more clear.

Ian

Last edited by mailiang; 09-05-2014 at 03:12 PM.
post #8904 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

I'm not slamming the film .. there are much worse .. just sayin' it's not exactly "Titanic" ..

In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, this year has been a bit thin on material ..

Uncle Willie

post #8905 of 8905 Old 09-05-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, this year has been a bit thin on material ..
I agree. Not a great year for quality films.

Ian

Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page