Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #61 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My experiance with NF has been as follows:

In the 10 weeks or so that I was a member I was able to get 1 movie that was released in 2007. I had both HD DVD and BR as my first options. There were multiple times that movies that were 1st in my q showed as "now" yet they were not sent, others were. Then there were times that even though movies showed "now" none at all were sent. After my trial was up I noticed that the turn over time increased. I live only miles from a center and my turnover time was 1 day. Once, when all 3 of my returned movies still did not show as returned 3 days later I reported them and within seconds I receive 3 emails telling me they are returned. all the while, movies that started as "short wait" increased to "very long wait". I also hated the idea that I could not email support.

When I cancelled I took the time to answer their question form. I noticed that the majority of the questions, if not all, were concerned only with their watch it now service. My comment to them was that I thought that was odd that they did not ask questions about delivery service and that they should be a little more concerned about customers who can't seem to get recent movies. I really did want this to work. I hate BB for many reasons and do want to give them any business if Ican avoid it.

My nephew has HDADD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does, it's unbelievably clear!

Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 AM

If you're big on new releases, the only way to get them without a long wait it to empty your queue. A friend of mine who's a big movie watcher noticed she was having wait forever for new releases even though she'd saved them before their release. As soon as she emptied her queue and only put the new release on there, she would get that movie within days.
post #63 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 AM

I was a little upset when they sent me shoot em up in sd version instead of the blu ray version, wtf??
post #64 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 08:26 AM

I am so pissed about this issue it is unbelievable! My list of BD titles grow and they have yet to ship a single one! Seriously we ALL need to call or write to Netflix so they can get off their asses and buy more copies!
post #65 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Liked: 13
Surprise, surprise. I didn't get 3:10 to Yuma shipped today. I guess that means I'll be on the waitlist for months now.
post #66 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 AM

i've about had it with their shenanigans also. they sent me BR copies of 300 and Mr. Brooks, neither of which would actually play. I opted not to have a replacement 300 sent, but did for Mr. Brooks (should receive tomorrow). There was actually a crack on the disc on the outer edge that was a few cm long - long enough that I wasn't going to risk putting it in the player. their QoS has really gone down in the last 6 months, it used to be much better.
post #67 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I just canceled my account. It just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
post #68 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

My account has been saying we will ship your next movie today. Still no confirmation. It has been 6 hours so far. I'm sure they are jockeying around what movie they will be sending.

WTF? Now it says we will ship it on Tuesday. Obviously I will not be getting a new release! Why Tuesay? I have 20 movies in my queue!
post #69 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-parker View Post

I was a little upset when they sent me shoot em up in sd version instead of the blu ray version, wtf??

Netflix doesn't have the shoot 'em up blu-ray version. Only SD for some reason.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

Surprise, surprise. I didn't get 3:10 to Yuma shipped today. I guess that means I'll be on the waitlist for months now.

Same thing for me. I may have to blind buy this one. On a positive note, Sunshine on BD actually shipped out today.
post #71 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazar View Post

I am so pissed about this issue it is unbelievable! My list of BD titles grow and they have yet to ship a single one! Seriously we ALL need to call or write to Netflix so they can get off their asses and buy more copies!

I got hairspray in blu-ray last week. First blu-ray disc I ordered from them.

I just returned it today, with 5 blu-rays in my queue (including two new releases: 3:10 to Yuma and Sunshine.

We'll see what happens.

I'm noticing ALL discs -- standard def and blu-ray -- with wait times. So I think its not JUST a blu-ray issue -- its a total Netflix issue with their having enough discs on hand after the holiday season - - when more people got disc players of all types and probably gift cards to netflix.

Netflix just needs to catch up to demand for all media right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #72 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Netflix doesn't have the shoot 'em up blu-ray version. Only SD for some reason.

Nor does it appear that they will carry the Zodiac HD DVD. I had planned to rent rather than buy all HD DVD titles of interest from this point forward unless something changes dramatically in the HDM landscape. Now it appears I will just wait for those releases to come to Blu-ray Disc since Netflix has become worthless in most respects lately.
post #73 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag'nGT View Post

Blockbuster is just as bad.

Agreed...I'm jsut about finished with BB as I've seen everything that's "available". I have over 30 HD DVD and BD in my qeue and three are available. I was just wondering how the netflix customers were and apparently the same inventory problem exists here as well.

PSN: VinnAY-DBC
post #74 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm upset not only with the wait times but because more and more often now I'm getting screwed up disks. I'm going to turn off HD-DVD all together because every one skips. BR movies seem to be fine. I think I may just start getting them all from blockbuster/hollywood.
post #75 of 8905 Old 01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Like others I have experienced longer wait times as compared to before but not to the extent that I will cancell my membership. Out of the movies listed by the OP, only POT still sits in my que. I watch some movies as they get in and others sit in my house for 1-2 days. I have the 4 movie package if that makes a difference
post #76 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noears View Post

If you're big on new releases, the only way to get them without a long wait it to empty your queue. A friend of mine who's a big movie watcher noticed she was having wait forever for new releases even though she'd saved them before their release. As soon as she emptied her queue and only put the new release on there, she would get that movie within days.

I've also heard that this is a part of the process to force Netflix to ship your #1-2 items. Unfortunately for me I can't try it as I have over 100 movies in my queue.

Update to my situation, I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem or if it's a local problem with my post office/mailman...but the movie I sent back on Saturday was not received Monday. So far I still haven't gotten the netflix email this (tuesday) morning saying they received my latest movie back. More than likely they will get it today, but usually I have the email by the time I wake up in the morning. Has anybody else experienced this or is it just my local mailman/post office not doing their job?

Brandon

Brandon 

post #77 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Update to my situation, I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem or if it's a local problem with my post office/mailman...but the movie I sent back on Saturday was not received Monday. So far I still haven't gotten the netflix email this (tuesday) morning saying they received my latest movie back. More than likely they will get it today, but usually I have the email by the time I wake up in the morning. Has anybody else experienced this or is it just my local mailman/post office not doing their job?

Brandon

Usually when I return a film, they have it the next morning. I returned Hairspray on Monday, they do not have it today.

This also happened to me with a film last week.

I think they are having trouble processing mail/orders now due to heavy volume.

How many people got netflix subscriptions for Xmas?

post #78 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

It does me little good if I mail it back on Saturday, they confirm on Monday they will ship my next movie that day and the status remains that way for hours and then gets changed to shipping the next movie on Tuesday! I'm sure they are jockeying around because of so many subcribers.
post #79 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have been having great luck with netflix lately. I think it is due in part to the fact that I have been returning my discs so slowly. I've been with them for many months now, possibly close to a year. Back when I was going throw 5+ a week I would rarely get the short wait/long wait items. Now when I return approximately 2 a week I typically always get a short wait/long wait item. My last three blu-rays have been the simpsons movie, spiderman 3 and cast away.
post #80 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM

I don't have any issues getting SD new releases the week of release. I just move them to the top of my queue and make sure that I return my old movies on Friday. Monday comes, they get my returns and process the new release. Does NOT apply to BR though. I have an ever growing list of BR new releases at the top of my queue. Not abig enough issue to cancel as I have more than enough movies that I have 'backed up' to watch when needed.
post #81 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I did a little test and put all of my "wait" movies at the top of my queue. I ordered them like this: Very Long Wait, Long Wait, Short Wait. I sent back 3 movies yesterday. They received them this morning.

Much to my surprise I logged in and looked at my queue, and it says that they are shipping Ratatouille (Blu) and The Matrix (HD) today. The Matrix has had a very long wait since it's release, so I was really surprised to see that one being shipped.

-Brad

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo

post #82 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Just did the same thing again to me today. They expext to ship my next movie on Tuesday. It sits with that status and now says they will ship it on Wednesday. I will soon put them on a short leash. They need to hire more to meet the demand.

My local Blockbuster has about 250 BDs. I have some friends that work there! Need I say more to get movies I want?
post #83 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I've also heard that this is a part of the process to force Netflix to ship your #1-2 items. Unfortunately for me I can't try it as I have over 100 movies in my queue.

It doesn't work for me. It used to, but hasn't worked for me since about early October.

In my queue, I currently have 9 pre-releases, 1 BD Short Wait (3:10 to Yuma which in all likelyhood will change to Very Long Wait tomorrow), 3 BD Very long Wait and 1 DVD in Long Wait.

I've also tried shuffling around the order of pre-releases and wait-listed movies and nothings worked. They just don't stock enough to meet the demand.

I've had 1 of 3 open spots since Friday and I haven't gotten anything mailed. "We expect to ship your next available movie by Wednesday." HUMBUG!
post #84 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Well, I've had the exact opposite experience. I rarely ever wait on Blu-Ray discs. I'm not sure what the difference is other than usage. Perhaps I'm just renting less popular titles, I don't know. Since the beginning of 2007 I've received 78 movies, 30 of which have been Blu-Ray.

In my queue now there are 20 Blu-Ray; 7 say short wait, 2 very long wait, all the rest now available.
post #85 of 8905 Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Advanced Member

Just got a PS3 and loaded up with netflix to be met with almost all of them displaying VERY LONG WAIT. Then today I notice shoot em up has been shipped. Color me excited....until i realize its the DVD version. ****. Apparently they dont even carry shoot em up in blu ray. WAR came in the other day on dvd the same day i got my ps3 so i went ahead and returned it so I could get it on blu ray and it has verly long wait as well. I have hd the matrix on hd dvd at the TOP of my Q since it was released and it has never displayed anything other than VERY LONG WAIT since then.
post #86 of 8905 Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 AM

Lots of anger in this thread. I'd suggest cancelling and trying Blockbuster if you're having so much trouble with Netflix.

My own experiences have been great. I've been a member for 4 months now, I've always had > 30 titles in my queue, and I've never gotten a movie that wasn't at the top of my queue. I think the availability has to do with the area you live in. I live in Seattle, and only a couple movies have shown up as having any wait for me (no SD-DVDs, mostly Blu-ray and a couple short wait HD-DVDs). The Simpsons Movie showed as having a very long wait when I added it, but I pushed it up to the top of my queue and it came immediately upon returning another movie. I've made a habit of adding saving releases in my queue before they come out, so maybe that helps. My turnaround time has rock-solid as well - movies show up as received 2 days after I drop em in the mailbox, my new movies are shipped out the same day and show up in my mailbox the next.

Who knows?
post #87 of 8905 Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Very interesting thread and I appreciate everyone posting about their Netflix experience. Up to the time I read this thread, I was planning on joining Netflix, but now I'm not.

Its pretty obvious that Netflix isn't worth it due to the long delay times. Seems to me that there should be something in their rental plan that say that if thy can't furnish x number of disk during the month, then your monthly fee is pro rated, but they don't.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned just buying the disk and after you view them to sell them on ebay. Given ebays fees, perhaps a better alternative is to use the AVS forum Blu-ray titles for sale.

Thoughts????

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #88 of 8905 Old 01-09-2008, 02:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Its pretty obvious that Netflix isn't worth it due to the long delay times. Seems to me that there should be something in their rental plan that say that if thy can't furnish x number of disk during the month, then your monthly fee is pro rated, but they don't.

Thoughts????

YMMV.

My experience with Netflix is much different than what's being posted by many. I recommend you try it for a couple of months. If you like it great if not cancel.

JohnG
post #89 of 8905 Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

My local Blockbuster has about 250 BDs. I have some friends that work there! Need I say more to get movies I want?

Then why are you bothering with Netflix at all?

Cancel your subscription now and free up some more movies for us to rent.

JohnG
post #90 of 8905 Old 01-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

I used the "send back a movie to time the delivery of a new release on the day before it officially releases" method and was sent the BD version of "3:10 to Yuma" yesterday. This method has worked twice for me now with BD new releases. As a side note, I am on the one disc at time plan and have only 12 titles in my queue. Not sure if that makes a difference. For what it's worth - I'm pleased with Netflix...

Jeff

PSN: Just_Jeff_
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page