Netflix BD disc rental discussion thread - Page 306 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9151 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
Like others it has been taking two days instead of one for my discs to arrive for the past few months. Yesterday morning I got two e-mails from Netflix (timed at 3:07 am) that stated they had been notified by the PO that my discs had been returned, and my next discs had already been shipped, and I should expect to receive them today. I was thinking I was back to getting them with one-day turnaround, but they didn't show up, and clearly nothing has changed.

SMK
Same here - I normally get my discs back in the post for pick up Monday's, new discs arrive Wednesday's and we try and get them back in the post Thursday morning to hope to get more for the weekend. The new system sends me an email stating the PO has notified them my disc is collected and they will send out my next ones, but I don't get them any quicker at all - seems like it takes 2 days best case. We only watch NF streaming and BD's as we don't have cable or anything like that. I was looking forward to a faster turn around as they don't seem to work Sundays. If I return a disc on Saturday the next shipment comes Tuesday So it seems the most I can get is 2 shipments per week - is that the same for everyone else?

Epson 5020UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX NR818 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 80F/X-LS & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
OPPO BDP-103 - HTPC with MediaBrowser3
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-re-model.html
Barrettmr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9152 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
iolmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
It would be helpful if you posted info on the BD player you are using ..
I have a Panasonic BDT310. It is a few years old at this point. I assume some players are better than others at reading dirty discs. When the disc arrives I always look at it and see if there are any obvious smudges etc. If I see none I have normally just used the disc. With new releases and a disc that no one has played before I never have any issues. Now, any older discs I get, even if I see no smudges, I clean it with a little dish detergent and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. Both MI II and III have stopped during the playback. I cannot fast forward or skip over the scene where the disc stops. And by the way, I have the most current firmware for the player. they stopped updating a while ago.
iolmaster is offline  
post #9153 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Senior Member
 
fredxr2d2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
Same here - I normally get my discs back in the post for pick up Monday's, new discs arrive Wednesday's and we try and get them back in the post Thursday morning to hope to get more for the weekend. The new system sends me an email stating the PO has notified them my disc is collected and they will send out my next ones, but I don't get them any quicker at all - seems like it takes 2 days best case. We only watch NF streaming and BD's as we don't have cable or anything like that. I was looking forward to a faster turn around as they don't seem to work Sundays. If I return a disc on Saturday the next shipment comes Tuesday So it seems the most I can get is 2 shipments per week - is that the same for everyone else?
Same for me.

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on: BenQ W1070, 82" 1.0 Gain Screen, Darbee Darblet HD 43%, PS3, with Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030, SVS PB-2000, a Def Tech CS-8040HD, 2 SM65 for L/R, and 2 SM55 for surrounds.
fredxr2d2 is online now  
post #9154 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 169
When the disc stops playing, does the image just freeze, or does the picture suddenly become scrambled, as if it couldn't properly decode or decompress that part of the video file?

When the disc stops playing, is it about an hour into the movie or roughly mid-point of the movie? Or does it vary wildly (e.g., from 10 minutes from start one time, 10 minutes from the end another time)?

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, Roku N1000 (original model), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (120Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Preferred Plus), DVD/VHS player.
Mark12547 is offline  
post #9155 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
iolmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
When the disc stops playing, does the image just freeze, or does the picture suddenly become scrambled, as if it couldn't properly decode or decompress that part of the video file?

When the disc stops playing, is it about an hour into the movie or roughly mid-point of the movie? Or does it vary wildly (e.g., from 10 minutes from start one time, 10 minutes from the end another time)?
It becomes scrambled. Oddly enough, the time counter on the player continues to advance as if nothing is wrong. The time it happens is random. We were watching "Still Mine" and that stopped at 16 min. Last night "MI III" stopped at 1:35 min. Sometimes we can get through it by starting over and advancing to the scene following the problem. Most of the time that does not work.
iolmaster is offline  
post #9156 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolmaster View Post
I have a Panasonic BDT310. It is a few years old at this point. I assume some players are better than others at reading dirty discs. When the disc arrives I always look at it and see if there are any obvious smudges etc. If I see none I have normally just used the disc. With new releases and a disc that no one has played before I never have any issues. Now, any older discs I get, even if I see no smudges, I clean it with a little dish detergent and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. Both MI II and III have stopped during the playback. I cannot fast forward or skip over the scene where the disc stops. And by the way, I have the most current firmware for the player. they stopped updating a while ago.
I did a quick search thru :


Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread


It seems a few others have experienced similar .. although the unit is pretty well regarded

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #9157 of 9175 Old 04-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Have you cleaned the Blu-ray player? I use a disc I purchased at someplace like Best Buy or Amazon (not sure which) that uses some sort of "wind funnel" technique (instead of brushes, the disc has two small holes in the data area of the disc), but in the past couple of years I have noticed that some soft brush systems also exist for Blu-ray players. (I also have a disc with a couple of brushes on the data area, but I use that one only for DVD players.) Whenever I start experiencing playback issues, I run the cleaning disc and while that is working I will clean the disc.

An appropriate cleaning disc is inexpensive and quick compared to some other options, unless you are experienced in getting into the players to do a real cleaning.

When my previous Blu-ray player started having difficulties recognizing that it had a Blu-ray disc and cleaning the player didn't help, it turned out that the laser assembly needed replacing. (The service contract paid for itself big time in that instance. At that time it was typical for me to watch close to a disc a night so I knew the player would get lots of wear and tear, and Blu-ray players were more expensive in those days.) Then a couple years later it started having issues again recognizing Blu-ray discs and this time it would also get stuck and scramble a scene for a few seconds to a minute, but by then I had purchased another Blu-ray player and the disc played fine in the new player. I finally relegated the old Blu-ray player to playing DVDs (sparing some wear and tear on the new player) until it could no longer do that. (If I recall correctly, at that point the old player wouldn't even recognize the presence of the wind-funnel-type cleaning disc.)

In my case, it seemed that the newer discs were more likely to have scrambled scenes than the old discs, but maybe what was newer at that time is now what you are referring to as older.

It just may be time for you to purchase a second Blu-ray player if you don't already have one. At least then you could test if the disc is bad in both players or just in one player. But, if you haven't been cleaning the Blu-ray player itself, I would buy first a cleaning disc designed for Blu-ray players and give that a spin.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, Roku N1000 (original model), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (120Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Preferred Plus), DVD/VHS player.
Mark12547 is offline  
post #9158 of 9175 Old 04-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
iolmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I quick update on the problems playing some of the older titles. As I mentioned, we could not get past 1:35 on "MI III" I had Netflix send me another disc. Played right through the same spot with no problems. I am convinced it is the discs not the player.
iolmaster is offline  
post #9159 of 9175 Old 04-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Senior Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolmaster View Post
I quick update on the problems playing some of the older titles. As I mentioned, we could not get past 1:35 on "MI III" I had Netflix send me another disc. Played right through the same spot with no problems. I am convinced it is the discs not the player.
Yes I thought the same thing till I got a new player, I didn't realize my player was being "disk picky" till I got the new one. In any case the longer you can put off getting a new player the more features you'll likely get in the new one.

My first BD player, a Pioneer BDP-95FD, became "disk picky" and I got Netflix to send me different ones till finely the player just became too slow to load the relatively huge programs on the disks and started simply not playing about 1 in 10 because it couldn't load the programs and there was no update available, at that point I bought a new player, an OPPO BDP-95...interesting, I didn't realize the model names were nearly identical till I typed this, kind of wild

I'm still experiencing return disk delays although disks are back to getting to me in one day now. Just dropped a disk in the PO outgoing box today well before it's last pickup. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
dnoonie is online now  
post #9160 of 9175 Old 04-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
iolmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[QUOTE=dnoonie;33414586]Yes I thought the same thing till I got a new player, I didn't realize my player was being "disk picky" till I got the new one. In any case the longer you can put off getting a new player the more features you'll likely get in the new one.

I have no doubt that you are correct. We don't get many older titles from Netflix and I never have any problems with new releases or discs that are purchased. So, I will probably just continue with this player. I'm not sure what new features I would want. The one I have does everything I want it to do.
iolmaster is offline  
post #9161 of 9175 Old 04-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolmaster View Post
...I will probably just continue with this player. I'm not sure what new features I would want. The one I have does everything I want it to do.
Will Netflix have UHD Blu-Ray?

UHD BD players will likely be available around the end of this year and Pany is poised to be first to market with one. That may possibly be a motivator for you. If not it would still be great if you could hold out for a UHD BD player, the prices might be reasonable by next summer.

Cheers,
dnoonie is online now  
post #9162 of 9175 Old 04-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Member
 
cr671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I agree with the "replace your BD player" suggestions. I had a similar problem with a Sony BD player a number of years ago it would hang almost an hour in on every disc regardless of whether the disc was scratched or not. I tried a few different cleaners made specifically for players and nothing would work. Same with actually disc cleaners. BTW, I always use a clean micro fiber cloth on every disc before playing it. I eventually replaced the player and haven't had a problem since. Like anything else, equipment fails and it sounds like that's what's happening here. The good thing is BD players are very inexpensive these days, so it shouldn't set you back too much to resolve this problem. Others may disagree but when it comes to BD players, (playing actual BD material) you don't have to spend a small fortune on a BD player to get a quality picture or sound. BluRay is BluRay and most players these days (even the less expensive models) will provide the same PQ as a player costing you hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. The difference you're going to start noticing when it comes to pricing will be in load times, upconversion features, decoding, etc. As long as your new BD player supports the latest audio/video codecs, and provides regular firmware updates, you'll be fine and the actual quality of a BD media itself will remain relatively unchanged between players on most tvs under 64". There's simply no need to spend over 4-5 hundred dollars on a new BD player. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of 200 dollar players out there that will be more than sufficient for the average home theatre enthusiast. Now if you play a lot of standard DVDs and want decent upconversion, or you can't be bothered to wait more than 5 seconds for a BD movie to load, that's another story.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n
cr671 is offline  
post #9163 of 9175 Old 04-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Had my strangest Netflix experience ever, today. As a disclaimer, Netflix is only incidentally involved.


I ordered a new release Blu-ray disc called Enter the Dangerous Mind. A taught psychological thriller, set in London.


The disc arrived today. The sleeve was labeled properly, and the disc was the typical screen printed disc with the right artwork and movie name "Enter the Dangerous mind."


However, playing the disc, I found out it really contains not the thriller movie, but a surfer documentary of sorts called "Strange Rumblings in Shangri La."


I checked to see if by accident a bonus feature had played instead of the movie... no dice. The disc contains a few short trailers and one big move, Strange Rumblings. No psycho thriller.


I called Netflix, and of course was connected first to their streaming department (GGRR!!) but they patched me through to their "DVD" department quickly enough, and the guy was gracious. They will try sending me a replacement (Which is probably also messed up) as well as a bonus disc for my trouble and delay.


Never had this happen before! A severely wrongly mastered disc!


Marc

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is online now  
post #9164 of 9175 Old 04-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
In the last week or two, I've noticed I'm starting to get some shipments from Netflix in 1 day again. It's about 50/50 for the last two weeks. Definitely an improvement.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is online now  
post #9165 of 9175 Old 04-18-2015, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 169
A couple days ago I noticed that the return POBOX for the mailers have changed from Salem, OR to Portland, OR. Earlier in the year the USPS closed the Salem sorting center and now all cancellations and initial sorting is done in Portland, so this is probably Netflix trying to get a bit better throughput. I also noticed that some returns are now arriving next day whereas a few weeks ago they were arriving second day.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, Roku N1000 (original model), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (120Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Preferred Plus), DVD/VHS player.
Mark12547 is offline  
post #9166 of 9175 Old 04-19-2015, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 646
In August of 2008 I had $5,000 to play with. After researching for several weeks I narrowed my choices to Neflix and SunPower. I had a strategy for investing in SunPower so I went with that. Then the stock market crashed. Long story short; today my SunPower investment is worth $2,244. Had I invested in Neflix, my $5k would now be worth $95,000. You win some, you lose some. But, damn!!

Last edited by Aliens; 04-19-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Aliens is online now  
post #9167 of 9175 Old 04-19-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 22,770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1389 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Heck I had a chance to get some Netflix stock back in the early 2000's Back when it was only a few dollars. I kick myself every time I hear about how high their stock price is now.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #9168 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Senior Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Delivery to me is back down to 1 day. Delivery to Netflix is still 1 to 2 days but is getting better. Two variables I'm trying to access are weekend returns and my house mail box returns, one or the other or both might be taking an extra day to get back to Netflix.

Cheers,
dnoonie is online now  
post #9169 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mailiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springsteen Country
Posts: 7,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
In August of 2008 I had $5,000 to play with. After researching for several weeks I narrowed my choices to Neflix and SunPower. I had a strategy for investing in SunPower so I went with that. Then the stock market crashed. Long story short; today my SunPower investment is worth $2,244. Had I invested in Neflix, my $5k would now be worth $95,000. You win some, you lose some. But, damn!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Heck I had a chance to get some Netflix stock back in the early 2000's Back when it was only a few dollars. I kick myself every time I hear about how high their stock price is now.
I feel your pain. That being said, if you really need some dough, just call Uncle Willy.


Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

mailiang is offline  
post #9170 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
I feel your pain. That being said, if you really need some dough, just call Uncle Willy.


Ian
I'll admit NF has been very, very good to me .. over the last 10 years .. sold at the July 2011 peak of near $300 per, waited till it sank to a low in 2012 and bought it again .. in fact, I kinda wish Reed would announce another price increase so the cycle would re-boot .. I think it's going to eventually have to do some sort of split .. maybe 5 for 1 .. and they really should consider a dividend ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #9171 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'll admit NF has been very, very good to me .. over the last 10 years .. sold at the July 2011 peak of near $300 per, waited till it sank to a low in 2012 and bought it again .. in fact, I kinda wish Reed would announce another price increase so the cycle would re-boot .. I think it's going to eventually have to do some sort of split .. maybe 5 for 1 .. and they really should consider a dividend ..
Well, f**k you, and all of the money you have made.
Aliens is online now  
post #9172 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Well, f**k you, and all of the money you have made.
Well, my Uncle Sam got his piece of the action of course .. but in all seriousness, I'm no stock Guru, but I have always felt that the NF brand would become as ubiquitous as Google, Amazon etc .. and, in this case, I was right ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #9173 of 9175 Old 04-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
Had my strangest Netflix experience ever, today. As a disclaimer, Netflix is only incidentally involved.


I ordered a new release Blu-ray disc called Enter the Dangerous Mind. A taught psychological thriller, set in London.


The disc arrived today. The sleeve was labeled properly, and the disc was the typical screen printed disc with the right artwork and movie name "Enter the Dangerous mind."


However, playing the disc, I found out it really contains not the thriller movie, but a surfer documentary of sorts called "Strange Rumblings in Shangri La."


I checked to see if by accident a bonus feature had played instead of the movie... no dice. The disc contains a few short trailers and one big move, Strange Rumblings. No psycho thriller.


I called Netflix, and of course was connected first to their streaming department (GGRR!!) but they patched me through to their "DVD" department quickly enough, and the guy was gracious. They will try sending me a replacement (Which is probably also messed up) as well as a bonus disc for my trouble and delay.


Never had this happen before! A severely wrongly mastered disc!


Marc

The replacement "Enter the Dangerous Mind" disc arrived today, and --yea!-- it had the right movie on it. I Think NF got a bunch of complaints about some batch of the discs. When I reported the problem, they said they would ship out the replacement tomorrow, and that evening it went to "shipping soon." The next day it said "shipping today" but then mid day changed back to "shipping soon." I think it took two days before they shipped it, and they padded the receipt date. The replacement arrived today from Spokane WA. I live in the Indianapolis metro area.


Anyway, while I've been critical of NF on a variety of issues recently, I will say this "wrong movie on the disc" error, which was not of their doing, was handled well and I'm perfectly satisfied with their response.


Marc

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is online now  
post #9174 of 9175 Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 17,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Looks like the "all new releases" web page is MIA again.
rdgrimes is offline  
post #9175 of 9175 Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Looks like the "all new releases" web page is MIA again.
Yup. I get redirected to:
http://dvd.netflix.com/NewReleasesGa...ASED_LAST_WEEK


It seems this page does have this week's new releases, as the release dates are listed as 4/28 for all the films. So, I think they've "improved" the new release page by giving us posters, and at the same time eliminating the nice sorted-by-category text page that conveniently showed us which films were in Blue ray as opposed to the DVD only releases.


Sigh.


Oh, this past week I was 1 for 4 in getting discs next day from Netflix.


Marc

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Software

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off