Netflix BD disc rental discussion thread - Page 308 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes
post #9211 of 9213 Unread Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
Good info, but my point still stands then. If they make all these concessions and still don't have a way to dynamically meet demand they're doing it wrong. Maybe the price is right for them, but there is obviously room for improvement on the service side, as usual with NF.

I am in total agreement with you .. all I'm offering is a glimpse at how the Machine works .. and I'll add that selectively re-stocking disks that demand out strips stock also involves a turn-a-round time in order to actually get the disks .. and all orders require a minimum quantity to get pricing ..

I'm not defending NF in any way shape or form, but I don't think Hastings is going to change the method, especially as they move bit by bit to an all-streaming model ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9212 of 9213 Unread Today, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Interesting. I wonder how many of those DVD sales were those sold bundled with Blu-Ray disks?

If this is the source, http://www.homemediamagazine.com/mar...k-ended-051615 it doesn't say.
Cheers,
post #9213 of 9213 Unread Today, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Interesting. I wonder how many of those DVD sales were those sold bundled with Blu-Ray disks?
I don't know that if putting that fine a point on the numbers would change things dramatically, percentage wise .. from what I know, most disks are still bought either as DVD or BD .. the combo pack DVD is really just a value added marketing tool directed towards those that buy the BD anyway ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page