Netflix BD disc rental discussion thread - Page 310 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 41Likes
post #9271 of 9275 Old 06-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjgkelly View Post
Has anyone rented this flick and were you able to get past the previews? It wasn't a movie I REALLY wanted to see, but it was in my queue. And yes, my firmware is up to date.
I saw it and had no issues. What exactly is happening that you can't "get past the previews"?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9275 Old Yesterday, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So, for those of us that want to get "July 7 releases" and would normally put discs in the mail this Saturday to have them received on Monday, when exactly should we mail? With Saturday July 4th being a federal holiday, I'm presuming I should put them in the mail Friday. My feeble brain can't remember far back enough for the last time the federal holiday was on a Saturday.

Marc

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
post #9273 of 9275 Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
So, for those of us that want to get "July 7 releases" and would normally put discs in the mail this Saturday to have them received on Monday, when exactly should we mail? With Saturday July 4th being a federal holiday, I'm presuming I should put them in the mail Friday. My feeble brain can't remember far back enough for the last time the federal holiday was on a Saturday.

Marc
Is mail being delivered on Friday? I know the federal workers here in DC have off on Friday.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9274 of 9275 Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Good thought. I just now looked up the USPS mail holiday list. Saturday is shown as a holiday but Friday is not.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
post #9275 of 9275 Unread Today, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
I saw it and had no issues. What exactly is happening that you can't "get past the previews"?
After the previews, the screen would go black and the counter on my BD player would stop... which would lead me to believe my BD player prob needs an update, but there wasn't one available... yet. The disc looked fine and I tried a variety of things to get around it, but to no avail. I haven't had any probs with other discs (yet), but if I do I will be raising some hell with my BD player manufacturer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page